GDT - Chicago Blackhawks vs Canes - 7:00 cst 2/1/21

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have to applaud their ability and effort.

The surprise to me isn't that the forwards are competing, but that they could miss Toews, Dach, and Carp all at center and resist looking like Detroit. Its that nobody is going to suggest that Lankinen is the best goalie in NHL, but its pretty cool and a good omen data wants him in the conversation for even a moment.

If Boqvist were the bar Kurshev was ready a year ago and I've been calling for him for longer than that. I prefer the Kurashev timeline though. What I question is the player development and timeline inconsistency?!
They've been competitive since the first few games and that's good,I like the effort too.
I called bullshit for Pirri starting over Kurashev opening night and I've liked Lank ever since he stood on his head in the 19 WHC.
A handful of good kids can form a core but a few elite players that only come in the first few picks are needed more than W's.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
They've been competitive since the first few games and that's good,I like the effort too.
I called bullshit for Pirri starting over Kurashev opening night and I've liked Lank ever since he stood on his head in the 19 WHC.
A handful of good kids can form a core but a few elite players that only come in the first few picks are needed more than W's.
I look at it this way, if and when the Hawks start showing potential once again it becomes a win win situation. Free agents and hot commodities around the league always flock to winners, as an example from 2009-2016. We can just look at where all the players want to go, Colorado, Vegas, Toronto, Washington, Dallas to a certain extent. Nobody wants to play for a rebuild, but if the kids can start showing some excitement and potential as you said create a solid core, players around the league as they did not so long ago will want to come and play in Chicago. It’s a great city with tons of energy, the fans support you, the UC is always full and players know that, but can it be done with the trio of clowns running the operation. We will have to wait and see, and yes we need a few more Dachs in the lineup as well.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The Rags are in last place like they should be,they're smart enough to know they need another top pick before they can challenge elite teams.
Bob you and I go way back, I am not sure why you answer this kid, just ignore him, the guy is a clown. I know you can dish it with the best of them, dont waste your breath or time.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I have to applaud their ability and effort.

The surprise to me isn't that the forwards are competing, but that they could miss Toews, Dach, and Carp all at center and resist looking like Detroit. Its that nobody is going to suggest that Lankinen is the best goalie in NHL, but its pretty cool and a good omen data wants him in the conversation for even a moment.

If Boqvist were the bar Kurshev was ready a year ago and I've been calling for him for longer than that. I prefer the Kurashev timeline though. What I question is the player development and timeline inconsistency?!
That comes down to coaching and management, in the case of Kurashev, there was no room for him and now, it seems that everyone is on a tryout to see who can grabs the reigns and go with it.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bob you and I go way back, I am not sure why you answer this kid, just ignore him, the guy is a clown. I know you can dish it with the best of them, dont waste your breath or time.

wow bobby, you got yourself a bodyguard! You gonna need it talkin hockey with me son

HSBOB is fuming the Hawks may be in line to steal another point or 2! Make sure you around to put him to sleep later, don't want him having nightmares going to bedtime cause the team is doing well!

:):):):)

Bust

Liked Posts:
The long time Hawk fan in me will always appreciate a well played win but the simple truth is,points are NOT our friends this season. It's great to see some compete and some young players who look like they have a chance to form a bit of a nucleus and a top three pick or two are even more important now that we have e few other youngsters to add em to.

HSBOB IS ON SUICIDE WATCH!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That comes down to coaching and management, in the case of Kurashev, there was no room for him and now, it seems that everyone is on a tryout to see who can grabs the reigns and go with it.
I'd like to see Entwistle get a shot and Carlsson in there every night.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Advice taken my friend and if I ever feel a need to dish anything out.....I'll find something MUCH more worthy!

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'd like to see Entwistle get a shot and Carlsson in there every night.
No doubt, but the way the Hawks are playing right now I think disturbing the chemistry that is being built upon would be a bad idea. I am sure those guys will eventually get the opportunity.