GDT - Chicago Blackhawks vs DE-TROIT SUCKS - 6:30 cst 2/15/21

Granada

Liked Posts:
Lucky to get a point with this performance tonight.

Yeah, extremely disappointed to see the Hawks blow another two-goal lead, as they did twice against Columbus the other night. Wings definitely deserved a better fate, but I'll take it.

I still don't know what to make of Subban and his rebound control is still a major problem. He went down way too early and way too long on one of the Wings' goals as well.

Hagel -- still impressing the hell out of me.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think you can have continuous 3 on 3 OT, especially with the way teams have adapted (defensively) to it now. I'd say just go back to ties. There's nothing wrong with a tie between two teams battling just as hard; I'd say it's even more justified than simply forcing a winner in a bull-shit shootout, especially when both goalies are playing out of their minds.

The fastest, most offensively skilled players of each team on the ice at the same time.....no mucking and grinding in the corners....wide open NHL hockey. It's everything the Shootout isn't and more. I'll take 2 five minute 3 on 3 OT's to decide games....deep 6 the boring Shootout which has done nothing but cheapen the Penalty Shot.

Need more stuff like this....

Granada

Liked Posts:
The fastest, most offensively skilled players of each team on the ice at the same time.....no mucking and grinding in the corners....wide open NHL hockey. It's everything the Shootout isn't and more. I'll take 2 five minute 3 on 3 OT's to decide games....deep 6 the boring Shootout which has done nothing but cheapen the Penalty Shot.

Need more stuff like this....

To me, it's not real hockey. It's only a little less of a novelty act than the shootout, but a novelty act nonetheless.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I love 3 on 3.....they should just dump the shoot out and play 3 on 3 till there's a winner.
I hate three on three, I would much prefer them to play a full 5 on 5 sudden death like in the playoffs, but I do agree that I prefer it much more to the shootout. I don't think a shootout should have any place in determining the winner of a game. Great for all-star games, bad for determining which team should win.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't like a ending on a tie in regular season games and I like it that a winner is decided. Both the shootout and the 3 on 3 feature the higher skilled players but the shootout is really a skills competition. 4 on 4 isn't too different than 5 on 5 and a regular season game can drag on a long time if that went to sudden death. 3 on 3 isn't perfect since it's mainly about puck control, but I'd like to see it to till sudden death rather than going to a shootout.
My 2¢.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Put me in charge of this sport and id make some radical adjustments before next year with expansion;

8 four team regional divisions

Nyr-nyi-nj-buf
Bos-mon-ott-tor
Det-phil-pit-cbj
Fla-tb-car-wash

Wpg-chi-stl-min
Sea-van-edm-cal
Dal-az-col-nash
Sj-la-ana-lv

80 game season
8 vs division = 24
2 vs everyone else =56
Last 2 weeks of reg season only home/home vs other division opp (6 games)

3 points reg win
2 points ot win
1 point ot loss

Ot = 3 vs 3 until game ends

10 team each conf make playoffs
Top 2 in each division
2 other best point totals

Division winners seeded 1-4 with bye
Top two second place based on points seeded 5-6 with bye
Last 2 2nd place home ice vs top 2 3rd place (best two of three all at 2nd place home )
Winners then slotted in vs top 2 seeds (top seed gets worst point total team)
Best 4 of 7 rest of way (reseeding after each round)

Reduces travel
Generates more regional rivalries
Division games mean more
More incentive to win in regulation
Eliminates shootout
Finish 3rd and up against it...don't get home game unless win mini series

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Not a pretty game but a W, take what you get.