GDT - Chicago @ Calgary - 8:00 cst

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, they hung in there for two periods. 21 or so shots on net won't cut it.
Yeah.

Competitive game.

We are aspirating shots again...so gotta figure out how to create more even play.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Embarrassed
Why? We expect this.

I think this team is more average than good or bad. Collitin made them 0-9.

.400-.500 the rest of the way would not surprise or dusapoint me.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Average.....heh, that's the one place you don't want to be. That's what quick fixes get you. Just when they needed to bite the bullet and rebuild like Columbus and the Rangers did...nitwit decides to reinvent the wheel. He set a long rebuild back even further and made this team watchable only to the most manic of fans. Nice job, Bowman....you idiot.

Only good thing about the Beach incident was getting Bowman's ass out of town.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'm not as discouraged by this loss as some. Hawks hung in there with the best team in the league. Yes, the offense isn't there, but at least they're still doing the little things right -- they look a hell of a lot better defensively coverage-wise and blocking shots. All of Calgary's goals were freebies -- they got lucky. Fleury let in a softie, Murphy shit himself in the d-zone (twice in the same shift), Tkachuk scored a fluke-ass goal. Hawks should have at least earned a point but those are the ropes sometimes -- they didn't deserve the win in Vancouver, but they didn't deserve the loss here. It certainly wasn't a "humiliating" loss.

Liked Posts:
I saw a much better and "together" team than in any game with the failed & confused guy behind the bench,
So far, King has brought some legit improvements.
They looked far better than in any game before confusiton and li'l stanley blowme were there.
I looked at it as 3-2 because I don't much count the empty netters as legit although they count.

What I am way more concerned is figuring out how to get e ass pee n + without a neurophone, AKA iphone.
I want to 'scribe and there is NO live support there.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I saw a much better and "together" team than in any game with the failed & confused guy behind the bench,
So far, King has brought some legit improvements.
They looked far better than in any game before confusiton and li'l stanley blowme were there.
I looked at it as 3-2 because I don't much count the empty netters as legit although they count.

What I am way more concerned is figuring out how to get e ass pee n + without a neurophone, AKA iphone.
I want to 'scribe and there is NO live support there.
Right and this was against Calgary too. They are the best team in the NHL right now, literally. Even though they lost, I consider this a big bounce-back effort after the debacle against Edmonton two games ago, against a similar top-tier team. It was a great answer to the Edmonton loss, whereas in the past, you knew this game would be just another blowout for a fragile team. Of course, this doesn't mean all is well, but it was encouraging to see last night that the Hawks responded in a positive way from the Edmonton game; they didn't just fold like they normally would -- and yes, I do think that has a lot to do with who is currently behind the bench (i.e. not Colliton).

Liked Posts:
Right and this was against Calgary too. They are the best team in the NHL right now, literally. Even though they lost, I consider this a big bounce-back effort after the debacle against Edmonton two games ago, against a similar top-tier team. It was a great answer to the Edmonton loss, whereas in the past, you knew this game would be just another blowout for a fragile team. Of course, this doesn't mean all is well, but it was encouraging to see last night that the Hawks responded in a positive way from the Edmonton game; they didn't just fold like they normally would -- and yes, I do think that has a lot to do with who is currently behind the bench (i.e. not Colliton).
Things do seem to be moving forward as opposed to backsliding under that "other guy".
I think a lot of the attitude change is due to respecting King as a PLAYER who had a good NHL career as opposed to "some guy".

Granada

Liked Posts:
Things do seem to be moving forward as opposed to backsliding under that "other guy".
I think a lot of the attitude change is due to respecting King as a PLAYER who had a good NHL career as opposed to "some guy".
Yes, experience goes a long way, especially with regard to how a coach is perceived/respected in the locker room.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Why? We expect this.

I think this team is more average than good or bad. Collitin made them 0-9.

.400-.500 the rest of the way would not surprise or dusapoint me.
We do. But completely out played is another thing. This is what, the fifth game in a row where the other team was on another level. This had nothing to do with Calgary. They were winning either way. It’s the fact this team has only one line worthy of playing the in the NHL and a defense outside of one person that doesn’t belong in the nhl.

As a fan, I don’t want to believe this team is that bad, but they really are. I have a hard time thinking this hawks team is the drizzling shits with Kane and Toews, but here we are how many years into the abyss and no signs of getting better any time soon.

Just trade everyone and start over. Hell, I’d be completely fine with everyone being available already and starting over away from everything Blowman has touched. The guy really did a number on this team and it’s going to be another five years before this team starts to uptick

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big win.

Start handling the teams in the division and we can think about dreaming.

I did like the way Kubakik had more open ice chances with Dach winning pucks and Cat is great on the counter attack as well.

Cat might be overkill for that line, and you could try a faceoff man with Dach/Kubalik against some teams.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Big win.

Start handling the teams in the division and we can think about dreaming.

I did like the way Kubakik had more open ice chances with Dach winning pucks and Cat is great on the counter attack as well.

Cat might be overkill for that line, and you could try a faceoff man with Dach/Kubalik against some teams.
Always nice to beat the Blues, but the team still has a long way to go. Good win overall.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Lanks get a win.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Lanks get a win.
Dude I'm watching the recap and seeing the Toews goal taken because "did 88 have control" crossing the blue line?

Are you fucking kidding me?

It's Patrick Kane. The puck rattling between skates, under him, behind him....do these mortal refs not understand?

Kane loose with the puck is like 5x more "control" than anyone else on the ice.

Horseshit call at home against the Blues.

Kane had time and space. He was watching the play develop at that moment...the puck was never going to escape his stick!

Fuck that noise!

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Did anyone see McCabe's hit on Perron that forced the latter to leave the game? I believe there was also a fight between McCabe and a Blue later for the hit? Fucking NHL Network is useless when it comes to highlights -- guess these moments aren't worthy or an overall recap of the game. Not family-friendly enough, evidently. I found the fight yesterday but not the hit that preceded it. Perron is a punk, I wouldn't say I'm happy he got hurt, but I'm unsurprised considering his own penchant for dirty play.

Checking the game log, it looks like Perron had a hit on McCabe first, then Kubalik, both early in the period. Then McCabe hit him later in the period. So Perron was running around like usual hitting people, and McCabe responded. The one thing I will say about the Hawks this year: they respond. There were years when they would essentially just let themselves and their stars get run, but this year, you got guys like Dach, Cat, now McCabe all answering the bell. It's fantastic to see.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Here is the fight, but I'd like to see the hit on Perron, if anyone has it. McCabe got rolled.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Toews should beat somebody's ass just to remind the league he can at any time. I love when he gets mad, Toews has real rage strength and fighting skills to match.