GDT - Chicago @ Vancouver - 7:00 cst

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

PREVIEW: Blackhawks Look to Bounce Back in Vancouver

Following first loss of the season, Chicago gets right back to work on Sunday night in Vancouver​

Carter Baum @CarterBaum / Blackhawks.com
cut.png

TIME: 7 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720 AM | STREAM: MyTeamsApp (In Market) & ESPN+ (Out of Market)
The Blackhawks complete their Canadian back-to-back on Sunday evening against the Canucks at Rogers Arena in Vancouver.

TEAM RECORDS

• CHI: 5-10-2, 12 PTS
  • VAN: 6-10-2, 14 PTS

HOW TO WATCH

Stephen Nelson and Colby Cohen have you covered on NBC Sports Chicago for the second straight night, while John Wiedeman and Colin Fraser have the radio broadcast on WGN Radio.

BOUNCING BACK

Saturday's loss in Edmtonton snapped Chicago's season-long four-game win streak and marked the first loss under interim head coach Derek King. Against a Canucks team that had dropped four straight before topping the Jets on Friday night, the Blackhawks look to get right back into the win column less than 24 hours after defeat.
"You lose a game and you see the areas we need to improve," King said after the loss, "but the nice thing is you go right back at it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the guys respond after this game and bring it into [Sunday's] game."

cut.jpg

VS. VANCOUVER
The Canucks took the first meeting of the season on Oct. 21 at the United Center 4-1. Alex DeBrincat scored the lone tally with Patrick Kane and Seth Jones registering assists.
Kane has points in 14 of his last 16 contests against the Canucks. Dylan Strome's seven career points (1G, 6A) against the Canucks matches his second most against any team (Detroit-9). Dating back to the 2006-07 campaign, Marc-Andre Fleury is 12-0-2 with .912 save percentage in 14 appearances against Vancouver.
Kirby Dach (2019) and Jonathan Toews (2006) were both selected with the third overall pick in drafts that were held in Vancouver.

KIRBY 100

Dach is set to skate in his 100th NHL game on Sunday night in the very building in which he was drafted in June 2019. The centerman has 41 points (13G, 28A) over his first 99 regular-season contests, including points in two straight games (3A).

JONES-ING FOR MORE

Seth Jones extended his career-long point streak (2G, 6A) to eight games with an assist on Saturday night against the Oilers. The eight-game run is the longest by a defenseman in the NHL this season and was his 12th game with a point in his last 13 skates. His 13 helpers during the 2021-22 campaign share first among NHL blueliners.
The goal he scored on Wednesday in Seattle was his 300th career point.

CAT ON THE ATTACK

DeBrincat posted his second consecutive two-point game with a two-goal night in Edmonton, extending his season-long point streak to five games (5G, 2A). He has seven goals in his last seven games and his 11 markers this year are ninth in the NHL

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
A matchup of 2 bad hockey teams.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easy $ double time and hockey on the radio.
Rawr!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Funny they left Lank out to die against McDavid and Flower gets the start against the shitty canucks.

Hawks have no excuse not to win this one

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny they left Lank out to die against McDavid and Flower gets the start against the shitty canucks.

Hawks have no excuse not to win this one
I think the honeymoon of the new coach is over. I expect King to be a stopgap.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Da full?

He's funny and loose. He's been there and done that.

I think he’s an excellent talisman and you can build up x's and o's around him and deploy the Blackhawks analytics machine.

He's a good guy to discern the mood of the team and make changes catering to them.

I like him. Not over.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This one's all the legend of the flower.

Half of me is like trade him tomorrow. The less smart half wants to start believing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I fully expect there to be a new Prez, GM, and thus cosch nect year...unless King can utterly bring this group of misfits into the playoffs.

King might be aight for this year, but I think the next GM will want his own, seasoned coach. King might be Savard in the grand scheme of things, which is better than JC who was more like Alpo.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This was the Fleury we were all hoping we were getting. Great game. Hagel, what more can you say about this guy, playing with an injury and still playing as the hardest-working man on the team, scoring and drawing a penalty late in the game. Strome also had a great game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was smart from my point of view.
Agree.

A two point move imo. Whoever made it has some self awareness of who we are too.

Was that the first time we faced Oilers since we eliminated them with sweep?

I don't think there's a worse match-up in the league given the details of circumstance at that moment.

Nice bounce back, or Fleury picking us up, keeps momentum however. Obvioudky Fleury should take charge now until he is traded, a few more performances like that should get a first or second from a goalie needy contender.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Meant to mention this yesterday, but I have to wonder what Guss is thinking when he pushes a 200 pound man into the back of the legs/knees of an completely unsuspecting teammate (Stillman). What does he think is going to happen there?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meant to mention this yesterday, but I have to wonder what Guss is thinking when he pushes a 200 pound man into the back of the legs/knees of an completely unsuspecting teammate (Stillman). What does he think is going to happen there?
Gus thinks? ?