GDT (early edition) - Chicago Blackhawks at Red Wangs - 7:00 cst 1/22/21

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just got home and saw we brought home the W. Plan on watching the game but won’t get to till later Saturday. Boys have hockey games tomorrow and Sunday

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
Anyone else ever wonder if they're listening to a hockey game or just some weird obituary channel?

I get the birthday shout outs.... fun... might make someone's day.

I don't get the obituary announcements.... what is the purpose?

Don't people watch sports to be entertained? To not think about the perils of life?

At least the cancer announcements... Edzo had it, he empathizes and tries to put out an uplifting message.

But seriously the obituary ones seem useless to me.
if i recall, they were 2 long term members (25 years each +/- ?) of the people who maintain the ice at the UC.
i believe they make these announcements for the sole purpose of showing respect to their families and i wouldn't doubt the orders to do that come from the top.

just my opinion.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well on our way to a middle round draft pick boys.

I wouldn't worry about that just yet. A win over bottom feeder Detroit who had a crazy goal diff of -122 last year..... is hardly something that dreams are made of. They still have enough talent that they will win a handful of games but should easily be in the top 5 of the draft when the smoke clears.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shaw's gonna have to get his on the PP,being out there with Groucho and Harpo isn't conducive to scoring.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thank you jebus.

Torts might not like Laine's all around game either but what does Torts like? Roslovic on the other hand might endear himself with his game.....until he makes his fist mistake.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Torts might not like Laine's all around game either but what does Torts like? Roslovic on the other hand might endear himself with his game.....until he makes his fist mistake.
Kids going home can be boom or bust depending on their personalities and comfort at home. Either they ease right in with good family and friends or the hit the town running treating all his friends to the party.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kids going home can be boom or bust depending on their personalities and comfort at home. Either they ease right in with good family and friends or the hit the town running treating all his friends to the party.
I was thinkin' Laine.....no he's from Finland,then Dubois........no he's from Quebec.......forgot Roslovic's from Columbus.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It was nice to see a W, PP looks decent, but let’s face it the RedWings stink just as bad as the Hawks, but nevertheless it’s a victor.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Mitchell is looking a little more comfortable with each game.
Stan pretty much crowned him the next Lidstrom so hopefully he can live up to at least a quarter of Lidstroms abilities. Hopefully with all due respect he flourishes and becomes a mainstay with the Hawks, god knows this team needs some solid defenders.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stan pretty much crowned him the next Lidstrom so hopefully he can live up to at least a quarter of Lidstroms abilities. Hopefully with all due respect he flourishes and becomes a mainstay with the Hawks, god knows this team needs some solid defenders.
Didn't his dad crown Hjammer as the next Lidstrom? Granted Hjammer was a defensive stud even though he didnct have much O.