GDT - Hawks @ Krakheads - 9:00 cst No BSPN+ needed to watch

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
(Dach) also began the tic-tac-toe Jones goal in his own zone with a smart chip up the boards to Kane; and his stretch pass to find Debrincat for his breakaway goal was gorgeous.

That was the play that made me post! Dach has looked very good most of this season. For one of the most consistent guys on the team based on the eye test.

Like you said the stats/faceoffs are still something to improve on, and what keep me from saying he is a core guy to build a future around at the moment.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Another solid victory to keep the wheels rolling, however, Kubalik, Toews, somebody needs to start helping the Cat and Kane out. Can't continue winning when the goals are coming mainly from 2 players.

Granada

Liked Posts:
That was the play that made me post! Dach has looked very good most of this season. For one of the most consistent guys on the team based on the eye test.

Like you said the stats/faceoffs are still something to improve on, and what keep me from saying he is a core guy to build a future around at the moment.
I hear you. He needs to work on his faceoffs (which isn't a deal breaker even if he doesn't drastically improve), but more importantly, his finishing ability. I think both, especially the finishing ability, are correctable. For as young as he is, the guy is smart on the ice in most situations and has gotten a ton of chances this year. That has me hopeful.

The really nice thing about last night is that, the team looked exactly how everyone thought they would look before the year began. Yeah, there were stretches were Seattle practically dominated, but that isn't surprising on away ice against a pissed-off team that's on a 4-game losing streak. The team, as a whole, looked as cohesive as I've seen this season.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear you. He needs to work on his faceoffs (which isn't a deal breaker even if he doesn't drastically improve), but more importantly, his finishing ability. I think both, especially the finishing ability, are correctable. For as young as he is, the guy is smart on the ice in most situations and has gotten a ton of chances this year. That has me hopeful.

The really nice thing about last night is that, the team looked exactly how everyone thought they would look before the year began. Yeah, there were stretches were Seattle practically dominated, but that isn't surprising on away ice against a pissed-off team that's on a 4-game losing streak. The team, as a whole, looked as cohesive as I've seen this season.

I think the wrist injury affects his face off ability, makes him tentative.
They should not have brought him back last year, and for sure he shouldn't have been taking faceoffs.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

We will see how cohesive they are when they face a very strong Oilers team Saturday. The team has been beating bottom feeders, yes they are better, but how much better. Saturday’s game will give us a better insight about this team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the way Dach is playing, I think you could go

Cat-Toews-Kubalik
Johnson-Dach-Kane

And get some faceoffs won for that line. Tall guys tend to get their man strength a couple years later, so I think that's what's up with Dach...his quickness and power aren't prime yet and he gets beat to the puck and pushed around at the dot. You can have one of those flaws but not both, and the strength will come in another year or two.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach the younger is tearing it up and is very good at the dot. Hmmm.....

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:

Cat-Toews-Kubalik
Johnson-Dach-Kane

And get some faceoffs won for that line. Tall guys tend to get their man strength a couple years later, so I think that's what's up with Dach...his quickness and power aren't prime yet and he gets beat to the puck and pushed around at the dot. You can have one of those flaws but not both, and the strength will come in another year or two.

Yeah true. Still think the wrist injury didn't help

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Cat-Toews-Kubalik
Johnson-Dach-Kane

Isn’t Johnson still injured?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
There’s a lot Dach does good.

Still not a fan of him taking important faceoffs or faceoffs in the ozone, but his board work is borderline elite.

His corsi is inflated by the PP, he’s around 46% 5v5, that’s really pedestrian. But in all honesty he’s a perfect center for the Kane/Cat combo because he’s really really good defensively and allows Kane to cherry pick a bit.

I don’t think you break this line up

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
And I’m going to laugh at all the haters when Jones gets a Norris nomination

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s a lot Dach does good.

Still not a fan of him taking important faceoffs or faceoffs in the ozone, but his board work is borderline elite.

His corsi is inflated by the PP, he’s around 46% 5v5, that’s really pedestrian. But in all honesty he’s a perfect center for the Kane/Cat combo because he’s really really good defensively and allows Kane to cherry pick a bit.

I don’t think you break this line up
Yeah, he loses face offs but wins the puck the hard way.

That's why I'd put him with Kubalik and a guy who can win faceoffs. Kubalik is amazing on the counter attack.

That allows for a forechecking third line with Toews, or just give Cat/Kane the captain and stop overthinking.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Johnson/Reichel-Dach-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Hagel-Toews-Kurashev

Granada

Liked Posts:

Cat-Toews-Kubalik
Johnson-Dach-Kane

Why would you break up Cat/Dach/Kane? They are by far our best line right now. That's something Colliton would do. Just saying. I mean yeah, maybe you do that in the future if they dip in production, but right now they're on fire.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Why would you break up Cat/Dach/Kane? They are by far our best line right now. That's something Colliton would do. Just saying. I mean yeah, maybe you do that in the future if they dip in production, but right now they're on fire.
Cocaine is a helluva drug

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Colombia.