CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

PREVIEW: Blackhawks Host Predators in First of Three Meetings

Chicago hosts Nashville on Sunday night at the United Center​

by Carter Baum @CarterBaum / Blackhawks.com

cut.png

TIME: 6 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720 AM & TUDN 1200 AM | STREAM: MyTeamsApp (In Market) & ESPN+ (Out of Market)
The Blackhawks return home to face the Nashville Predators on Sunday night to open a three-game homestand this week (TICKETS).

GAMECENTER: CHI vs. NSH

TEAM RECORDS
  • CHI: 1-9-2, 4 PTS
  • NSH: 6-5-0, 12 PTS

HOW TO WATCH

Can't make it to the United Center? Don't miss a minute of the action with Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk on NBC Sports Chicago. Viewers in the Chicago area can stream the game on the MyTeamsApp, while out of market fans can stream on ESPN+.
You can also listen to the game on WGN Radio with John Wiedeman and Caley Chelios on the call.

NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH SPOTLIGHT

Sunday night is Chicago's annual Native American Heritage Month game spotlight with special events and performances throughout the night, including an opening performance by the YellowCloud drum circle (Forest County Potawatomi) and Starla Thompson (Potawatomi), who will showcase a Jingle Dress dance. Individuals from the broader Chicago community during will be recognized during the Land Acknowledgement, all of whom are members of original tribes of Illinois. Additionally, veterans and active service members from the Sac & Fox Nation of Oklahoma will be on the ice during the national anthem, followed by a performance from dancers of the Sac & Fox Nation who will share their culture as part of Black Hawk's ancestral tribe during an intermission.

cut.jpg

Fleury debuts Native American Heritage mask VS. NASHVILLE

The Predators won last year's season series with a 7-0-1 record and allowing Chicago an average of just 1.75 goals per game. Alex DeBrincat posted two goals, including the game winner in overtime on Feb. 21, 2020 at home for the team's lone victory over Nashville. The Blackhawks and Predators split their four-game season series during the 2019-20 campaign. Chicago netted seven goals on Nov. 16, 2019 in Nashville, their second highest single-game goal total that season.
The Predators are one of four teams (Columbus, Dallas and St. Louis) Patrick Kane has more than 60 career points against (24G, 41A). Seth Jones was originally drafted by Nashville in the first round (4th overall) in the 2013 NHL Draft. He posted 63 points (15G, 48A) in 199 career games with the club before he was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Nashville enters Sunday's game victorious in five of their last six gmaes, most recently a 3-2 win over Vancouver on Friday night.

CHANGE BEHIND THE BENCH

On Saturday, the Blackhawks relieved Jeremy Colliton from his coaching duties and appointed Derek King interim head coach. He had been the head coach of the Rockford IceHogs since being hired on April 25, 2019. He previously served as interim head coach of Rockford from Nov. 6, 2018 through the conclusion of the 2018-19 season
Prior to taking over behind the bench, King worked as an assistant coach on the IceHogs' staff from 2016-18, originally being named to the position on July 7, 2016. The Hamilton, Ontario native was originally selected in the first round (13th overall) of the 1985 NHL Draft by the New York Islanders.

HELPING HAND

Seth Jones picked up his team-leading 10th assist against the Jets on Friday and extended his point streak (3A) to three games. His 10 helpers share first among league blueliners and fourth among all skaters. Jones recorded a four-game point streak (5A) from Oct. 21-29. The longest assist streak of his career is five games, set from Feb. 4-13, 2021 last season with Columbus (6A).

SPECIAL TEAMS

The Blackhawks went 2-for-3 on the penalty kill on Friday night against the Jets and MacKenzie Entwistle netted the team's first shorthanded goal on the season early in the third period. Chicago currently shares fifth in the NHL in penalty kill percentage, killing 87.5 percent of opponent power plays this season.
The Blackhawks scored their 10th power-play goal against Ottawa on Monday, a total that shares third in the NHL. Alex DeBrincat's three power-play markers share fifth in the league.

MILESTONE MAN

Patrick Kane played in his 1,037th career game on Friday against Winnipeg, bumping him up to fourth place on the Blackhawks' all-time games played list. With his two points (1G, 1A) against Carolina, Kane is now just one point shy of 1,100 career NHL points (409G, 690A).
On Monday against Ottawa, Kane notched his seventh career hat trick and registered his 16th career game with four or more points (3G, 1A). In the process, he passed Steve Larmer for sole possession of third on the Blackhawks' all-time goals list and also passed Denis Savard for third on the club's all-time points list. Only eight U.S.-born players in NHL history have recorded more hat tricks than Kane.

YOUNG CAT

Alex DeBrincat notched his 20th career multi-goal game and in the process registered his 125th career goal on Wednesday nigt. That total passed Steve Larmer (124) for sole possession of sixth on the Blackhawks all-time goals list prior to the players 24th birthday, just behind his teammates Toews and Kane. The Farmington Hills, Michigan native turns 24 on Dec. 18.

Most Goals Before 25th Birthday in Team History

1. Jeremy Roenick 199
2. Bobby Hull 162
3. Denis Savard 160
4. Jonathan Toews 144
5. Patrick Kane 126
6. Alex DeBrincat 125

7. Steve Larmer 124

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The way the team played last game with addition to the continued dismantling of this team I expect another loss.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'm hoping with a new coach, the players pick it up a notch. I'd bet many didn't care for JC and his "system". Hopefully King just let's them play.
I would like to be cautiously optimistic but this team is bad, really bad. Maybe for starters King can teach his players not to let in a damn goal in the first minute of the game and explain that NHL games are 3 periods of 20mins.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping with a new coach, the players pick it up a notch. I'd bet many didn't care for JC and his "system". Hopefully King just let's them play.
In soccer locker rooms can get so bad the players just chill shell until they get the guy out.

Sometimes you see a big game after firing and everyone decompresses.

I could see that, and believe it if they decide to defend not just pond hockey.

Although if Hawks play pond hockey with Fleury they have a chance to win.

Just get Strome up there between Kane and Cat and let them odd man rush each other.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Lol, this dolt has a CDH/Gus pairing.

That is going to be a treat to watch, I’m not even joking, either.

Two loaded top lines, a third line of Entwhistle, Strome, and Hardman which is quite possibly a horrible fourth line on a bad team.

Derek Kings moment, right after he’s been told he gets the rest of the season, should have brought his two best players with him in Reichel and Nylander and shipped Entwhistle and hardman down.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Johnson-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Cyborg-Dach-Hagelstorm
Gaudette-Kurashev-?

Defense? Fuck it.
Jones-Murphy
Stillman-Kalynuk
McCabe-Beudin

Trade Strome/Gus/DeHaan/Shaw/Fleury/Johnson as soon as possible, eat the cash, move picks. Get it done and see where team outlook projects before talking with Kane/Toews about NMC.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, this dolt has a CDH/Gus pairing.

That is going to be a treat to watch, I’m not even joking, either.

Two loaded top lines, a third line of Entwhistle, Strome, and Hardman which is quite possibly a horrible fourth line on a bad team.

Derek Kings moment, right after he’s been told he gets the rest of the season, should have brought his two best players with him in Reichel and Nylander and shipped Entwhistle and hardman down.
I agree, but for a few games if the bottom 6 can just keep it -1 or -2 the Hawks have a chance.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Johnson-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Cyborg-Dach-Hagelstorm
Gaudette-Kurashev-?

Defense? Fuck it.
Jones-Murphy
Stillman-Kalynuk
McCabe-Beudin

Trade Strome/DeHaan/Shaw/Fleury/Johnson as soon as possible, eat the cash, move picks. Get it done and see where team outlook projects before talking with Kane/Toews about NMC.
No, this fucking idiot is still pairing Murphy and McCabe together, has Stillman with Jones to go along with that glorious CDH/Gus pairing.

They are not trying to win games.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per the sand bagging comment last week, every move of Bowmans this off-season looks terrible now.

However, even if this weren't a dark comedy, and we were say a .500 club out the gates...

How the fuck do they see a wild card potential in this division? It was always desperation that led to this years roster. They need to accept reality and move the last two remnants of 2010.(just to have chance at competitive in 3 more years, if they won't or can't move them...its gonna be 6).

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I agree, but for a few games if the bottom 6 can just keep it -1 or -2 the Hawks have a chance.
Any bottom six with Strome is a recipe for disaster. Strome needs to be sheltered.

If you flipped Strome with Dach I would like that a lot more then putting Strome with two players who are grindy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any bottom six with Strome is a recipe for disaster. Strome needs to be sheltered.

If you flipped Strome with Dach I would like that a lot more then putting Strome with two players who are grindy.
Furthermore, I think Dachs zone entries are underrated and underutilized...when you put him top 6 its also unnecessary with Kane or others.

Dach is the perfect bumslayer if you give him a Johnson or Borg to take some faceoff load.

Ask too much of Dach and it's disappointing, but let him lead an annoying third line and he can flip alot of ice, pester people, hit some people, and win his ice time.

In your words...what is a bum slayer line?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Per the sand bagging comment last week, every move of Bowmans this off-season looks terrible now.

However, even if this weren't a dark comedy, and we were say a .500 club out the gates...

How the fuck do they see a wild card potential in this division? It was always desperation that led to this years roster. They need to accept reality and move the last two remnants of 2010.(just to have chance at competitive in 3 more years, if they won't or can't move them...its gonna be 6).
Well…..

If the Hawks snuck up on teams and started the season 9-1-2, and honestly, with the talent they have they could have, even if they played just a little bit better then 500 the rest of the way they would have nabbed a WC spot.

This is where holding onto Colonton ruined this year. Colonton should have had five games at the most. They would play this guys system defensively then flip to a man on man system mid game after they were losing and the scoring chances against would drop only to revert back to colontons system and shit would be lost.

This team did not want to play for this guy. There’s the dry board incident along with all the players listening to Toews Twitter video out there that said clearly that clown was nothing but a warm body.

Now let’s see how much these guys listen to the latest warm body

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Furthermore, I think Dachs zone entries are underrated and underutilized...when you put him top 6 its also unnecessary with Kane or others.

Dach is the perfect bumslayer if you give him a Johnson or Borg to take some faceoff load.

Ask too much of Dach and it's disappointing, but let him lead an annoying third line and he can flip alot of ice, pester people, hit some people, and win his ice time.

In your words...what is a bum slayer line?
A line that slays bums.

In 2015 when the Hawks had Sharp and Tuevo, they were bum slayers picking on mis matches, hell, the bottom six on the last two Cup winning Hawks teams were bum slaying lines. Bolland /Kruger/Fro was a bum slayer line.

This team, Entwhistle/Strome/Hardman are bums that will be slayed by another team.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I’m just going to throw this out there;

Remember Adam Bustvist? I’m sure you don’t but here’s a refresher.

Two morons on this forum were touting the idiot as a talent. Turns out, the clown hasn’t played in almost two weeks before being kicked to the third pairing on a shitty Jackets team.

Who was right, again?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just hope to see a team who gives a shit tonight.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m just going to throw this out there;

Remember Adam Bustvist? I’m sure you don’t but here’s a refresher.

Two morons on this forum were touting the idiot as a talent. Turns out, the clown hasn’t played in almost two weeks before being kicked to the third pairing on a shitty Jackets team.

Who was right, again?
Rofl.

It only took two years of being forced to cover Boqvist for Keith to finally quit the Hawks.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
4 minutes and we finally got a shot on goal

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
8 minutes in and haven't given up a goal!