GDT(I got Tater's back edition.....LOL)Chicago Black Hawks vs the BJ's-7:00cst 1/29/21

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
2-0 jackets

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks you sir. At least Laine is not there yet.

I heard his debut is Sunday and they are introducing some other toys tonight.

The good news is we are at home and they are on a back-to-back. Its 3 in 4 for us, so not ideal, but not a back-to-back.

If the Hawks can surprise CBJ...its in a low scoring affair tonight with Lahtenen. Keep em down and pot a couple and we could give them trouble.

I fully expect to get roasted on Sunday with Suppan though.

Run the point streak to 6, and I consider it a great accomplishment with all the guys that are out, and shows this franchise still fights hard and scrappy. I've never questioned that really, even when I bitch about us watching and not fighting, or goalies getting run, or us hovering scared at center ice behind our blue line....

thats not on the players, thats on Stan for assembling them without protections. Thats on JC for thinking some zombie system is going to revolutionize the NHL, a sport of warriors where atrition and strength will always be integral parts of any formula, especially in the playoffs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't find joy in the way we play under JC. There is no honor in it. It is ill conceived and a failure. Its not exciting or fun, its nails on a chalkboard to me.

Its obvious the human body can't do what he asks of them, the players get deterred, and then he bitches about their effort.

Rinse. Repeat.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully, Lankinen continues to play well, the defense doesn't fall apart and the PP gets hot again. I'm thinking that the Hawks will take this one, 4-2.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think our PP is coming down to earth...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think our PP is coming down to earth...

Boqvist and Cat may factor in to that.

Whats our 1A, 2A PP anyway these days?

I'm late but meant to predict 2-0 CBJ, however my gut was toying with 2-1...maybe 3-2 overtime loss if something that gets reviewed counts or not. One of those types of nights.

The problem is we have to play a specific formula to hang with a team like this, and then the game has to go right, etc. That means score first, and for sure don't fall down 2-0 against these guys. Our margin of error is small.

7 shots combined in first. Yeeesh.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lankinen will need the UC staff to get his jock back down from the rafters...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whooops...there is the second before I could finish. Now they will grind us to dust.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What happened I don't have TV, I'm at dial up speeds here. lol
Kane got stuck on D at the Columbus blue line, and was taken advantage of; semi breakaway the other way, laser shot froze Lankinen...puck went in glove side high corner and bounced off his back before he knew what happened.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
7 shot 1st.
37 shot 2nd.

Makes sense.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane got stuck on D at the Columbus blue line, and was taken advantage of; semi breakaway the other way, laser shot froze Lankinen...puck went in glove side high corner and bounced off his back before he knew what happened.
I know Mitchell's only 22 but he looked 15 on his ass behind the opponents net there........haven't seen much of that since Gus left.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know Mitchell's only 22 but he looked 15 on his ass behind the opponents net there........haven't seen much of that since Gus left.
And at the break...Mayers commented that the coaches shouldn't coach that out of Mitchell, the instinct to jump into the play...I see what he's saying, but holy crap, that went as absolutely poorly as a defenseman jumping up into the offense as it possibly could have.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dunno if I want to see wins or even points much this year,I know we(me too)get caught up in wanting to see the boys win games and it's hard to program ourselves otherwise but......

Top three pick(S) plural will be needed to turn this around and that's IF we have the right guy to do it which I strongly doubt.
Still shoulda bought out de Haan IMO,nobody's gonna want him at the TDL with another full season left at 4.55M and it woulda cleared a space for Carlsson all year.......I like him as much as Mitchell, Boqvist or Beaudin right now but then again,he is 3yrs older,had two years in Rockford and has more meat on his bones. I see a young D-man who pays attention in his own end.

Even with the loss of JT and Dach,I'm still not sure we needed all the Marks bros and Soderberg,nothing against any of the three but a rebuilding team lookin' for a top three pick might want to see what Entwistle or Reese Johnson have to offer.

I F'n knew Lankinen STONNING Russian and Canadian teams loaded with NHL'ers in the WC two summers ago wasn't a fluke. The biggest stage the kid ever saw at that point and he opens the tourney with a 3-1 win against Canada and closes it out with a SHUTOUT of Russia in the semis and another 3-1 win against Canada in the finals and a 1.5GAA/.942sv% to go along with a couple of shutouts. Keven Lankinen is solid positionally,can battle when things are tight in front, track pucks through traffic and looks to have the necessary athleticism........he only gets better with NHL experience.

IIHF - Home 2019 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Joker was a stud for the Finns too!

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And at the break...Mayers commented that the coaches shouldn't coach that out of Mitchell, the instinct to jump into the play...I see what he's saying, but holy crap, that went as absolutely poorly as a defenseman jumping up into the offense as it possibly could have.
Timing a successful 'pinch' is a tough deal for a D-man with a handful of games under his belt and if he stays on his feet,he probably gets back......kid can skate. We all know a wing has to cover when a D-man pinches and Kane didn't get back but Kane ain't thinkin' defense when the team can't score and this Robinson kid's gonna do that to a bunch of guys.....he can fly!