Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

PREVIEW: Blackhawks Host Sharks on Hockey Fights Cancer Night

Chicago faces San Jose for first time this season at the United Center​

cut.png

TIME: 6 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720 AM | STREAM: MyTeamsApp (In Market) & ESPN+ (Out of Market)
The Blackhawks look to continue their four-game home winning streak on Sunday night as the San Jose Sharks visit the United Center for the first time on the year.
Sunday is the annual Hockey Fights Cancer night in Chicago, a night highlighted by former Blackhawk and longtime broadcaster Troy Murray returning to the ice for a ceremonial puck drop before the game alongside 15-year-old Devin Pittges.

TEAM RECORDS
  • CHI: 7-11-2, 16 PTS
  • SJ: 10-9-1, 21 PTS

HOW TO WATCH

Can't make it to the United Center? Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk have you covered on NBC Sports Chicago once again, while John Wiedeman and Caley Chelios have the radio broadcast on WGN Radio.

VS. SAN JOSE

Chicago and San Jose match up for the first time since the Blackhawks defeated the Sharks 6-2 at the United Center on March 11, 2020, the final game before the 2019-20 season was cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Alex DeBrincat paced the club with three points (3A) that evening while Patrick Kane (2G) and Jonathan Toews (2A) also recorded multi-point games in the victory.
DeBrincat has a point (4G, 8A) in eight straight games against San Jose. Dominik Kubalik scored his first career NHL goal against the Sharks on Oct. 10, 2019. Blackhawks forward Ryan Carpenter played parts of three seasons with San Jose (2015-17), recording two goals and three assists in 28 games with the Sharks.

QUARTER WAY

Friday's overtime win over St. Louis was game No. 20 of the season for the Blackhawks, nearly a quarter of the way through the 2021-22 slate. After a 1-9-2 (.111) start to the year that led to Derek King taking over as interim head coach, the team has rebounded to a 7-11-2 (.400) mark overall with a 6-2-0 (.750) record under King.
Entering the day, Chicago is seven points out of the second Wild Card spot in the playoff hunt, but is sixth in the league in points percentage (through all Nov. 27 games) since King took over on Nov. 7.

CLUTCH CAT
DeBrincat recorded his second overtime game-winning goal of the year on Friday against the Blues. Since the 2018-19 season, the Farmington Hills, Michigan native paces the NHL with seven goals in overtime.
His 12 markers this year rank ninth in the league and he notched a season-long five-game point streak (5G, 2A), which included back-to-back multi-point games, from Nov. 7-20. He has eight goals in his last 10 games.

MR. JONES

Seth Jones skated in his 600th career NHL game and recorded two assists on Friday against the Blues. He became the third player from the 2013 NHL Draft class to reach the milestone (Sean Monahan - 611 GP and Elias Lindholm - 601 GP). In the process, Jones extended his home point streak to nine games, the longest by a Blackhawks blueliner since the 1992-93 campaign when Chris Chelios had points in 12 consecutive home contests.
Jones recorded a career-long eight-game point streak (2G, 6A) from Nov. 1-20. The eight-game run is the longest by a defenseman in the NHL this season

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boo!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time to healthy-scratch Jonathan Toews?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Playoff bound? Bringing in a new coach is only throwing a blanket over the shitstain this team has become.....the stench is not gonna magically disappear.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The amazing thing is they go on a 4 game streak....(i know not against great teams but still) than King starts scrambling lines. Why? Kubalik on the 3rd line( at at times benched last night) They need scoring and just gotta ride out that the scorers NOT named Kane and De Cat will finally get going. I know he trying to get Toews going but he was fine on the 2nd line. or hope they go on another skid LOL so they realize that this team isnt going playoff bound.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Toews on a checking third is fine.
Borg reminds me of Anisimov enough to try that.
Johnson/Hagel-Dach-Kubalik
Cat-Borg-Kane
Hagel/Kurashev-Toews-Nylander(actually try it!)
Khaira-Carp-Hardman/Strome

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I really wonder why Nylander isn’t getting the call.

He really has nothing to offer Rockford and is an NHL talent.

Reichel took a horrible hit into the boards face first.

Slavin in a scrub. Hopefully this means they are actually trying to lose games

Granada

Liked Posts:

I got to say, I think Nylander blows. He was a failed Stan-for-Joker project.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nylander needs to prove he's given himself a heart transplant 1st. He might be an NHL talent but he has to bring it to bear more than once every 10 games and not float and coast for the other 9.

That being said I think sometime this year he gets a call-up. But I'm not expecting much from him.