dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was in on Pickens until the rumors of character issues came out. Like him as a player but character issues can ruin a locker room and team especially with these kids not being able to stay off of social media. If Poles does his homework about this which i'm sure he will and drafts him then i'm in but i'd rather stay away from any player with any rumors of character issues.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was in on Pickens until the rumors of character issues came out. Like him as a player but character issues can ruin a locker room and team especially with these kids not being able to stay off of social media. If Poles does his homework about this which i'm sure he will and drafts him then i'm in but i'd rather stay away from any player with any rumors of character issues.

What if his character issues was just him running some scam fantasy football leagues?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too lazy to read the thread.

What are the supposed character issues with Pickens? I've seen a few tweets about that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's a guy i'd really like at 39, and LOVE if he fell to 48.

Ideal draft today for me would be picking him up

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Welp, time to pull this back out.

Teams who don't care about character issues be like:

chiefs.jpg

PickSix

Liked Posts:
But his mom says that he’s a really great young man. Just misunderstood.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

That should tell you all you need to know.

Really talented but on field character concerns
I heard stuff like that he grew up with a silver spoon and goes around acting entitled but never heard anything about where those rumors came from of course. You would think it would be from other players who played with him but that's obviously just me speculating.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Those look like pancake blocks to me. And if 1 fight drops at top 15 talent down to 39, I'm with it!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brisker and Gordon both had INTs today.
You need to cool it on the Brisker and Gordon hype train bro.

You said right here:

"The point is don't buy preseason hype, wait for in game results." - about Justin Fields. Make sure you keep that energy for all players.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Every year, there's a guy who would've been a unanimous high first round guy who falls quite a ways, for whatever reason (character issues, injury, whatever). And it feels like sooo often, they ball out at the NFL level, at least for a little while.

Tyreek Hill
Vontaze Burfict
Dez Bryant
Justin Houston
Desean Jackson
Lamarr Woodley
LeSean McCoy
Randy Moss
Dan Marino
Eddie Jackson
La'el Collins

and many, many more.

Who's that guy in this draft?

It might be Pickens....

And there are plenty that are issues and stay that way. Gotta have a strong organization that can handle that and motivate properly. Bears organization doesn't exactly do well with those players

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thought Pickens was a likely Bears pick if there and they didn't pass due to personality concerns. Once they passed on him, I didn't care about the other WRs in 2. Rather go with round 1 grade players and to be clear, Pickens was one of those. I'm fine with how it went down. Pickens on this team is different than Pickens on the Steelers.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Thought Pickens was a likely Bears pick if there and they didn't pass due to personality concerns. Once they passed on him, I didn't care about the other WRs in 2. Rather go

Thought Pickens was a likely Bears pick if there and they didn't pass due to personality concerns. Once they passed on him, I didn't care about the other WRs in 2. Rather go with round 1 grade players and to be clear, Pickens was one of those. I'm fine with how it went down. Pickens on this team is different than Pickens on the Steelers.
So because we have a substandard O line and group of receivers, we should not attempt to improve those positions with better players? That's definitely a recipe for ongoing failure.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wish we took him. But I also understand its a few days into camp...Camp hero's disappear all the time when the regular season starts.