George Pickens, WR, Georgia

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I was told Mooney is always beating his man and is open a lot....but Mitch just couldn't see him.
Mooney is good. He does seem to get open a lot. Mitch just wasn’t very good. Hope Fields is a lot better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They need WRs with great hands and precise route running ability who always seem to be open. Pickens can be that guy. They need that more so than a guy with blazing speed.

Not if Fields is unlikely to target. Whether you like it or not he has an MO and it is not throwing to ARob type WRs. Like let's stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes. If we know the type of WR and scheme Fields likes ie vertical passing theb get guys that fit the scheme.

I think Pickens is closer to Mike Williams than ARob. Closer in size and pedigree and I think closer in speed (4.54 for Williams, ARob was like 4.61) with a fully healthy ACL. Pickens has been a big play WR in college, and his dad was a big play WR in the NFL. I definitely think Pickens is more than a possession WR.

Maybe but coming off of an ACL injury, it remains to be seen if he is still explosive.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Not if Fields is unlikely to target. Whether you like it or not he has an MO and it is not throwing to ARob type WRs. Like let's stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes. If we know the type of WR and scheme Fields likes ie vertical passing theb get guys that fit the scheme.

Maybe but coming off of an ACL injury, it remains to be seen if he is still explosive.
Agreed. Fields is a "see it open, throw it" guy. He's not a QB that's going to throw with a ton of anticipation, so you really need guys that can get open and vertical to take full advantage of Fields' potential.

And yeah, I'm really interested to see how he looks tomorrow after a month off. He looked slow his first game back, but better in spurts in the SEC championship game. With an extra month, I hope to see the old explosiveness from last year. Of course, he still has crappy QB play and will be playing a very good defense, so may not get too many chances. And I doubt we ever see him run field drills at the combine/pro day.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Honestly, the Bears have enough holes that they should really consider trading down with the likely high 2nd round pick to pick up something like another 3rd rounder. Ie, do the exact opposite of the trade up for Jenkins where they would still have a 2nd round pick but then an extra 3rd. Then on Day 2, maybe they could draft some combination of OL, WR, and CB with that later 2nd and two 3rd round picks. Those are rounds where you should be able to find guys that can be developed into starters. And then find more line (either line) depth with those two 5th round picks.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Honestly, the Bears have enough holes that they should really consider trading down with the likely high 2nd round pick to pick up something like another 3rd rounder. Ie, do the exact opposite of the trade up for Jenkins where they would still have a 2nd round pick but then an extra 3rd. Then on Day 2, maybe they could draft some combination of OL, WR, and CB with that later 2nd and two 3rd round picks. Those are rounds where you should be able to find guys that can be developed into starters. And then find more line (either line) depth with those two 5th round picks.
I would never not ask you to be honest with us here

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ty Hilton or Beckham

With Mooney, Grant, Newsome,.....address oline and DB

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If the bears did go Wr in that spot I'd prefer David Bell over Pickens.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Whether it’s in FA or the draft, the Bears will need to acquire guys who can actually separate. Guys like Braxton Berrios and Zay Jones would be sneaky signings because they fit that mold.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Will 38 players get selected before George Pickens?

Or Tyler Linderbaum?

???

msadows

Liked Posts:
I feel like Pickens doesn't have the body of work to warrant being drafted in the first-early second.

More than likely but all it takes is a good combine and you got remydat excited.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More than likely but all it takes is a good combine and you got remydat excited.
I think you got that backwards. Remi watches college and values game play more.