Gerald Green

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Went to the heat for like the league minimum. He is freaky athletic, good shooter, confident(un-Tony Snell), and versatile. Can play the guard or foward position. With butler being put on some of the better star players of the league, his energy is drained on defense. Green would have been of great value at the other wing position along with Rose and Butler. That was the one move i felt the Bulls should have made over the offseason. Just as good a defender as snell but a more athletic and confident player at this stage.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
At first I was thinking this was about Jeff Green, whose game I've always liked.

As for Gerald, he is on his 8th team by the age of 30, and that doesn't include the two season he spent playing in Russia. Without really knowing much about him, I imagine this could be a reason why the Bulls might not have taken a look at him.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Great insight, info i was not aware of. Thanks, was just looking for options to improve the team.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Great insight, info i was not aware of. Thanks, was just looking for options to improve the team.
Purely speculation on my point as to why he has been on so many teams, so take that part of it with a grain of salt. For all I know, he could have been parts of expiring contract deals.

EDIT: Basketball reference shows that he was part of the trade that brought Kevin Garnett to Boston.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Purely speculation on my point as to why he has been on so many teams, so take that part of it with a grain of salt. For all I know, he could have been parts of expiring contract deals.
His first few years in the league were rough for him. Gobs of athleticism and potential, but no maturity. So, 4 teams in 4 years (included in the Garnett trade, then dumped to Houston, cut by Houston, finished out with Dallas). Then he goes overseas and wises up a bit, comes back to play for the Nets at the end of the season. Impresses everyone and signs with Indiana. Kind of regressed in Indiana, perhaps due to poor fit, and gets traded for Scola. Thrives in Phoenix, but doesn't resign with them for whatever reason. And here we are.

Having owned him for a bit in fantasy while he was in Phoenix, he's extremely streaky, sort of a JR Smith lite. Definitely can go off from 3 and obviously has great athletic ability. Defense is not really all that great, but not terrible. Imo he's a better player than the vet min, but there might be other things I don't know about.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Gerald green >>> tony snell all day everyday

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
i agree knoxville7. I will cheer when Snell makes a shot, but he looks sooo scared out there. This is his 3rd year we don't have the time to put up with coddling a supposed PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE. We need another baller and i fell like Green would have been perfect.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Green has got mad hops. But from what I see from a very long long way away, that's about all he has

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not sure if he was ever on their radar. They love their homegrown guys.