Get me up to speed here...

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry I have been work every bears game and have not seen anything. Someone with sense fill me in on what is going on. I saw one game with the packers and it looked like for the most part, the guys outside of Jeffery didn't do so bad to me, but I'm hearing this that and the other about what we should do with this team. So i have the following questions...

1 Should I even route for the bears to win? Currently I have due to I want the see the team with the highest picks possible. (Even if the 1st is not a QB but rather give them more choices from the cream of the crop in talent.)

2 Should we even consider keeping Jeffery for the money everyone expects him to demand?

3. In a losing effort what has been worse, offense or defense? If both have been bad what would you think fixing first would be better to help?

4 Any young players worth keeping?

5 Final question is would you want to keep Pace or Fox at this point or are there even signs at all of either one or both being let go? Kind of sad after 2 seasons.

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry I have been work every bears game and have not seen anything. Someone with sense fill me in on what is going on. I saw one game with the packers and it looked like for the most part, the guys outside of Jeffery didn't do so bad to me, but I'm hearing this that and the other about what we should do with this team. So i have the following questions...

1 Should I even route for the bears to win? Currently I have due to I want the see the team with the highest picks possible. (Even if the 1st is not a QB but rather give them more choices from the cream of the crop in talent.)

2 Should we even consider keeping Jeffery for the money everyone expects him to demand?

3. In a losing effort what has been worse, offense or defense? If both have been bad what would you think fixing first would be better to help?

5 Final question is would you want to keep Pace or Fox at this point or are there even signs at all of either one or both being let go? Kind of sad after 2 seasons.

Ke2Jt1G.jpg

You're officially up to speed.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Root for them to get a better draft pick, then pray to the Jedi lords they somehow make wise choices.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Hello American friend.

[video=youtube_share;vnUv2fhFy5E]https://youtu.be/vnUv2fhFy5E[/video]

mecha

Liked Posts:
it doesn't matter what we want the team to do. we don't make that decision.

that's why I think any person that takes hours out of their day to procure a mock draft that will be obsolete in 24 hours has no life.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
At the risk of looking like a fool, I'll assume this isnt some sort of ruse, and you really havent even looked at the box score, watched highlights or read some of the writeups our better posters have made. So here is my take:

1) Yes. If you are a Bears fan, you should root for the team to win. You know what is better than a slightly higher draft pick? Beating GB at home when they need to run the table to get into the playoffs. Why would top tier FAs want to sign with a team that isnt trying to win?

2) Yes. Jeffrey isnt going to demand top 5 money, because he has nothing to back that up. He wont get better than Doug Baldwin or Keenan Allen money (46M, 12M guaranteed and 45M, 20M guaranteed, respectively). There isnt a team out there that needs a starting receiver that will pay more than that. We have more than enough cap space to handle that kind of contract, and we would be a poorly run organization if we let our best receiving option walk without a competitive offer. Here is the WR compensation chart for this year for reference.

3) Offense has been worse overall because we havent been scoring points despite pretty good production in terms of yards. Our defense has kept us competitive, but we still need DB help. Our offense has looked better with Barkley in, but it would still be wise to invest in a rookie QB with potential to be great. The holes on this team in terms of starters could be solved this offseason, but we still need depth across the board.

4) Yeah. Actually a lot of the guys Pace has drafted look pretty good for rookies/young players. Some guys like Howard, Goldman, and Whitehair should make you excited. Some guys like Meredith and Floyd have flashed big play potential, and should leave you with a positive impression. Some guys like White and Grasu have caught the injury bug, and have a lot left to prove.

5) We should definitely keep Pace, he has brought in plenty of good talent. We will probably keep Fox, if only because teams that fire coaches after 2 years have a hard time finding the HC that will turn them into playoff contenders and spend over a decade in constant rebuild mode (see Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami). Hell, Oakland just got in the playoffs for the first time in like 15 years! I'd back away from Fox if the plan is to hand the reigns over to Fangio, since he actually has a clue what he is doing.

Liked Posts:
At the risk of looking like a fool, I'll assume this isnt some sort of ruse, and you really havent even looked at the box score, watched highlights or read some of the writeups our better posters have made. So here is my take:

1) Yes. If you are a Bears fan, you should root for the team to win. You know what is better than a slightly higher draft pick? Beating GB at home when they need to run the table to get into the playoffs. Why would top tier FAs want to sign with a team that isnt trying to win?

2) Yes. Jeffrey isnt going to demand top 5 money, because he has nothing to back that up. He wont get better than Doug Baldwin or Keenan Allen money (46M, 12M guaranteed and 45M, 20M guaranteed, respectively). There isnt a team out there that needs a starting receiver that will pay more than that. We have more than enough cap space to handle that kind of contract, and we would be a poorly run organization if we let our best receiving option walk without a competitive offer. Here is the WR compensation chart for this year for reference.

3) Offense has been worse overall because we havent been scoring points despite pretty good production in terms of yards. Our defense has kept us competitive, but we still need DB help. Our offense has looked better with Barkley in, but it would still be wise to invest in a rookie QB with potential to be great. The holes on this team in terms of starters could be solved this offseason, but we still need depth across the board.

4) Yeah. Actually a lot of the guys Pace has drafted look pretty good for rookies/young players. Some guys like Howard, Goldman, and Whitehair should make you excited. Some guys like Meredith and Floyd have flashed big play potential, and should leave you with a positive impression. Some guys like White and Grasu have caught the injury bug, and have a lot left to prove.

5) We should definitely keep Pace, he has brought in plenty of good talent. We will probably keep Fox, if only because teams that fire coaches after 2 years have a hard time finding the HC that will turn them into playoff contenders and spend over a decade in constant rebuild mode (see Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami). Hell, Oakland just got in the playoffs for the first time in like 15 years! I'd back away from Fox if the plan is to hand the reigns over to Fangio, since he actually has a clue what he is doing.

You're as much of bozo as the OP is.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

This guy wants "da truth!" . . .

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Exactly. He could never provide the valuable football insight you do: comments about players from 60 years ago, incoherent, Alzheimer's-induced ramblings about Taco and "dicklickers", sexual fantasies involving Peyton Manning, etc.
Hmmmmm......... member that just joined the forum but he has lots of knowledge about me. How does that happen? Maybe you are a fucking banned member that slithered back here under another name like a shithead coward? HHMMMMMMM?

Urblock, think this asswipe might be a candidate for his second ban

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears are 3-11. 15 players on IR including Kevin White, our #7 draft pick from 2015. Starting UDFA's and Rookies in our secondary. Starting our 4th string QB - who is turning out to be better than our 126,000,000 dollar man. Fox is a bone head. Our best offensive player will be leaving via FA at the end of the season. Jordan Howard is a legit NFL back.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. He could never provide the valuable football insight you do: comments about players from 60 years ago, incoherent, Alzheimer's-induced ramblings about Taco and "dicklickers", sexual fantasies involving Peyton Manning, etc.

Omelet is like the American version of Yakov Smirnoff......same joke over and over and its really not that funny...

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Omelet is like the American version of Yakov Smirnoff......same joke over and over and its really not that funny...

Thumbs up for the Yakov Smirnoff reference . . . Who do you think you are, the shoopster or something? . . .

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DTVPal_HD_DVR_Front__Remote_610x406.jpg

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I joined almost two months ago after being a casual observer for years. Although, it would take anyone two days to pick up on your tired shtick. New guys, I'll save you some time: "Fox is mediocre, and I told you dicklickers." Consider yourselves up to speed. This guy will never offer an actual football thought for fear of being wrong. He's the definition of a coward.

I love the "casual observers" . . . Like it takes a few years of "lurking" as they used to call it (reading a bunch of inconsequential nonsense, name calling and trash talk from anonymous contributors (though of course the shoopster's nonpareil offerings don't fall into that category)) before deciding to "take the big step" of joining a message board to tell somebody what you think of them . . .

. . . It's not 2002 anymore . . .