Get Rid of Bryant!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh, it’s not my idea, it’s a prediction.

I struggle to care right now, it’s an unwatchable product.
Bryant will bring the biggest haul, so it's probably not wise of me to say 'Bryant stays no matter what' at this point. Would need to evaluate the deal, but damn I think he's a tough guy to let go for for the fan base. Said it in another thread, if he does go, and the trade him to the White Sox, I could live with that. I can still cheer for the Sox. I love Rizzo, but he's old, let him chase a ring. I've grown tired of watching Baez swing his bat at every ball within a 10 foot radius. They need Pitchers and damn good ones.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bryant will bring the biggest haul, so it's probably not wise of me to say 'Bryant stays no matter what' at this point. Would need to evaluate the deal, but damn I think he's a tough guy to let go for for the fan base. Said it in another thread, if he does go, and the trade him to the White Sox, I could live with that. I can still cheer for the Sox. I love Rizzo, but he's old, let him chase a ring. I've grown tired of watching Baez swing his bat at every ball within a 10 foot radius. They need Pitchers and damn good ones.

No. He about to turn 30. Boras is still butt hurt over the fact Theo kept him in the minors <when he clearly was ready> to keep control another year.

Horrible move to give a soon to be 30 year old a 6-8 year deal which Boras is going to command.

NEXT!!!!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Braves just lost Acuna for the season with an ACL.

CALL BRAVES NOW! Bryant to Braves! Make it happen Jed!!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think you keep Bryant and Contreras.
I just don't understand the logic in keeping Bryant for half a season. Only way he resigns is if other teams don't value him like boras and he value himself. Giving him an 8-10 year contract is a huge mistake. He's shown repeatedly he can't stay healthy

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I just don't understand the logic in keeping Bryant for half a season. Only way he resigns is if other teams don't value him like boras and he value himself. Giving him an 8-10 year contract is a huge mistake. He's shown repeatedly he can't stay healthy
Not for a half a season. I'm saying if I were to pick any players of the "core" to re-sign it would be Contreras and Bryant. There are a lot of players that can't stay healthy that are really damn good.

People want to keep Rizzo too and he has bad back problems.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not for a half a season. I'm saying if I were to pick any players of the "core" to re-sign it would be Contreras and Bryant. There are a lot of players that can't stay healthy that are really damn good.

People want to keep Rizzo too and he has bad back problems.

No

The best to retain are:

Hendricks
Contreras
Hoerner
Duffy
Wisdom
Alzolay
Steel
Thompson
Wieck

Bryant and the rest need to be traded.

It is not about being good or not. It is about control.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No

The best to retain are:

Hendricks
Contreras
Hoerner
Duffy
Wisdom
Alzolay
Steel
Thompson
Wieck

Again, talking about the "Core". Not a bunch of role players. lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And again, I get they are trading him. I don't agree with it. I'd rather keep him. But I know it's not happening.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
And again, I get they are trading him. I don't agree with it. I'd rather keep him. But I know it's not happening.
Even at the cost it would take to resign him? More importantly, the length of the deal it’ll take to resign him?

Bust

Liked Posts:

going to come down to years. Cubs are regretting the 8 year deal for Heyward. No chance a long term deal like that is happening again under Jed's watch.

< 5 years is the sweet spot. Rizzo will probably sign for 4 years. Bryant no chance with Boras whispering in his ear hole to set the free agent market.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even at the cost it would take to resign him? More importantly, the length of the deal it’ll take to resign him?

Yes. I know it's not happening and unpopular opinion around here but i would. They shouldn't even be in this position to pick and chose. That's what irritates me the most.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, last night's comments by Contreras. Yikes.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No

The best to retain are:

Hendricks
Contreras
Hoerner
Duffy
Wisdom
Alzolay
Steel
Thompson
Wieck

Ahhh, more classic words of wisdom.....it's not about being good or not. It's about control.

Ok, let's sift through the waiver wire and get a bunch of players that are not good but we can control them.

Problem solved!!!

It sounds like the Pirates' business model.

Where do you come up with this shit?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, last night's comments by Contreras. Yikes.
This has been an ongoing thing. I remember a couple of years back it seemed like the club house was seperated between spanish players and white players. Seems there are clicks and when ya winning. It dont matter but when you start losing that fracture gets super inflated. I am a big component of keeping Contreras and being our Yadi. I dont think you trade Baez either unless you getting a haul. Just my two cents

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yes. I know it's not happening and unpopular opinion around here but i would. They shouldn't even be in this position to pick and chose. That's what irritates me the most.

Cubs can do better with the 30M that Boras will demand.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This has been an ongoing thing. I remember a couple of years back it seemed like the club house was seperated between spanish players and white players. Seems there are clicks and when ya winning. It dont matter but when you start losing that fracture gets super inflated. I am a big component of keeping Contreras and being our Yadi. I dont think you trade Baez either unless you getting a haul. Just my two cents

If Javy takes 4/100 Jed should take it. If not QO if a solid trade doesn't present itself.

Story will mess up his market and he might take the QO.

Cubs will need a SS regardless in 2022.