Getsy and Eberflus are not messing up Fields

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Look, we are 2-1 and about to play the Giants. We have been in all three games and only lost 1. Why? We can run the ball. If the Giants come out with a game plan to stop Fields and the pass, we will put over 200 yards on the ground on them.

The Giants have to make a choice. Any team that comes out, plays mostly nickel, and focuses on cryptic coverages against us is going to get trucked. Thank you, Getsy.

Getsy and ‘Flus know they can make adjustments and win with D and ST. They can break a team and finish them late. They’ve done it. They can win with a big play. They aren’t paying lip service to running the ball. It’s how they win.

Now, most people were crying about them having 3 TOs and not calling one before the half. Fields was sacked 5 times. 5 times. I’m not sure about Borom. I do know that if Fields was in a place where they could pin back and rush, he’d be in trouble. That’s some Nagy-level shit. Nagy’d just put dudes where they were and let havoc happen. ‘Flus was like, we are in it and can stop them. No need to give them free shots on Fields.

So, what I’m seeing happen is them doing EXACTLY what Fields needs, even better than I thought they would. They are forcing teams to scheme to stop the run. They aren’t just running to keep teams honest; they’re running to win.

Is Fields where we want him to be. Nope. Will him being able to win while slowly learning to read the field and improve at a decent rate happen? Probably. I’m not the only one who considers this to be like Fields’ rookie year due to Nagy not teaching or coaching him for shit last year.

What I’m seeing is people having expectations that do not align with reality. They liked the idea of Fields slowly developing with a strong D and running game in the abstract, but, now that they’re seeing it live, they’re all like we suck. I’m like, did you really think we’d be good this year? A whole lot of people had us pegged to be 32nd!

We still may be the worst team in the league, but we are winning with D and ST. We are developing our OL. Would you have liked to see the Texans T off with Ragdoll Mustipher blocking? Fuck out of here.

Nah, I’m liking what I’m seeing from Fields. He’s fucking up. Big deal. He’s missing shit. Big deal. It’s been three games.

When teams now start scheming to stop the run, he will have even more comfort to get things to slow down and hit receivers. It’ll take time to click (incidentally, something else we all knew) before he gets his legs and stride together.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Big if but if Barkley stays healthy he prob have a career game against this defense.

If they are going to continue this guard rotation I would rather see Jenkins back at rt and put Patrick at g. Borom is bad. Idt they want Reif to play cause then they would owe him 12.5 mil

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I like most of what i see. Fields is holding us back at this point. I am giving him this year before I judge.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Look, we are 2-1 and about to play the Giants. We have been in all three games and only lost 1. Why? We can run the ball. If the Giants come out with a game plan to stop Fields and the pass, we will put over 200 yards on the ground on them.

The Giants have to make a choice. Any team that comes out, plays mostly nickel, and focuses on cryptic coverages against us is going to get trucked. Thank you, Getsy.

Getsy and ‘Flus know they can make adjustments and win with D and ST. They can break a team and finish them late. They’ve done it. They can win with a big play. They aren’t paying lip service to running the ball. It’s how they win.

Now, most people were crying about them having 3 TOs and not calling one before the half. Fields was sacked 5 times. 5 times. I’m not sure about Borom. I do know that if Fields was in a place where they could pin back and rush, he’s be in trouble. That’s some Nagy-level shit. Nagy just put dudes where they were and let havoc happen. ‘Flus was like, we are in it and can stop them. No need to give them free shots on Fields.

So, what I’m seeing happen is them doing EXACTLY what Fields needs, even better than I thought they would. They are forcing teams to scheme to stop the run. They aren’t just running to keep teams honest; they’re running to win.

Is Fields where we want him to be. Nope. Will him being able to win while slowly learning to read the field and improve at a decent rate? Probably. I’m not the only one who considers this to be like Fields’ rookie year due to Nagy not teaching or coaching him for shit last year.

What I’m seeing is people having expectations that do not align with reality. They liked the idea of Fields slowly developing with a strong D and running game in the abstract, but, now that they’re seeing it live, they’re all like we suck. I’m like, did you really think we’d be good this year? A whole lot of people had us pegged to be 32nd!

We still may be the worst team in the league, but we are winning with D and ST. We are developing our OL. Would you have liked to see the Texans T off with Ragdoll Mustipher blocking? Fuck out of here.

Nah, I’m liking what I’m seeing from Fields. He’s fucking up. Big deal. He’s missing shit. Big deal. It’s been three games.

When teams now start scheming to stop the run, he will have even more comfort to get things to slow down and hit receivers. It’ll take time to click (incidentally, something else we all knew) before he gets his legs and stride together.
Success has probably come fairly easily for Fields at every level of competition until now. He’s facing real adversity for the first time. It’s up to him to block out the noise, continue to grind, and hopefully things will click and the game will slow down for him.

I believe the skills and intelligence are there. Am I impressed with what I see so far? No. Do I believe he’s a bust? Hell no.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Big if but if Barkley stays healthy he prob have a career game against this defense.

If they are going to continue this guard rotation I would rather see Jenkins back at rt and put Patrick at g. Borom is bad. Idt they want Reif to play cause then they would owe him 12.5 mil
Rieff is over rated by this board and just isn't that good either. I agree about Jenkins being a better RT. I've been saying he's better than Borom anywhere on the line for like forever.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like most of what i see. Fields is holding us back at this point. I am giving him this year before I judge.

My hope is once the losses start piling on, they let fields go out there and just sling it nonstop. Throws 4 int's who cares.

This team aint going anywhere w/ this defense. They have zero pass rush and zero run D. That might work against the texans but a team like the Bills will gouge you and milk the clock.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Rieff is over rated by this board and just isn't that good either. I agree about Jenkins being a better RT. I've been saying he's better than Borom anywhere on the line for like forever.
I’m really not sure about Jenkins at RT. Before him being at RG, I would have definitely agreed with you. Now, I really like what I’m seeing from him there. I think he’s and elite level prospect there.

So, he could be a great RT. I’m not sure. I really think he has that ability. But, man, is he a good guard.

Borom. I’m not sure about him. He has some plays where I’m just like what why? But others, he looks good. Worse comes to worse is we sign a RT next year.

So, yeah, I’m not sure about Jenkins moving to RT, anymore.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You are going to need to give him more than this year. They are running the ball because they don't believe they have good enough pass protection on the line.

After seeing Borom and Jones get eaten alive in pass pro this past week, I am inclined to agree with him.

Go to the Dilfer thread and listen to him in the video, particularly the 2 ways to bring along a QB. He covers how the Bears are going about it quite well.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You are going to need to give him more than this year. They are running the ball because they don't believe they have good enough pass protection on the line.

After seeing Borom and Jones get eaten alive in pass pro this past week, I am inclined to agree with him.

Go to the Dilfer thread and listen to him in the video, particularly the 2 ways to bring along a QB. He covers how the Bears are going about it quite well.
Try listening again. See if you can pick up any opinions to make your own.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After you find some other opinions to claim as your own you can make a safe space thread with a novel of nonsense
1. Listen to dilfer
2. Claim his opinions as your own
3. Say dilfer agrees with you
4. Get banned from your own thread for attacking people

Seems legit

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

LOL. Nothing Dilfer said assures anything regarding next year.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

No thanks.