Getsy hired

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lafluer calls the plays. Getsy gets to be his own guy with the Bears. No one will get in his way because literally no one else knows offense currently.
Again, these are very bias opinions. And probably rightfully so since this is a Bears message board. I hope everything works out for the Bears for once but I'm not drinking the Kool-aid just yet. All I'm saying is just look back at some of Getsy's comments and you'll realize he thinks the world of Lafleur and the packers organization for giving him his biggest opportunity. We should all be blaming the Mccaskey family for the way we are now programmed to think. Without the names we only have the process and the people in charge of the process. And we've seen these people fail this process over and over. Now that the names are starting to fill in, instead of waiting for the facts to come in, we are left to make bias assumptions in the hope that the blind squirrel theory has finally arrived for the Mccaskey family.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If Packers’ offered him OC job too, but he chose the Bears that’s not a good sign for Green Bay. There really is no OC in Green Bay provided Rodgers is there so I can see the reason to move. Getsy also said Justin Fields vs. Jordan Love? He must not have that high of an opinion on Love.
Well, the HC has play calling duties so there isn't a huge amount of need for an OC when Rodgers is around.

When Rodgers leaves, @aaronitout (Aaron'sNuts) is going to cry and cry and cry. KEK KEK KEK

tenor.gif

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Packers’ offered him OC job too, but he chose the Bears that’s not a good sign for Green Bay. There really is no OC in Green Bay provided Rodgers is there so I can see the reason to move. Getsy also said Justin Fields vs. Jordan Love? He must not have that high of an opinion on Love.

they have Stenavich. But hes the OL coach and running game coordinator, now the OC

so im guessing Getsy was the passing game and Stenavich was the running game. Both were sought after

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
youre basing this on how many offensive series?

and even so, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink
You determined that in the 2 series he played?
I’m basing this on the game he started against KC and his game against Detroit. The vaunted Packers offensive coaching staff could only muster 7 points (in garbage time) without Arod against what was at the time the 31st ranked defense. Love looked awful, and looked no better against the worst team in the NFL in week 18.

Maybe Love is just that bad, but still, it’s disappointing that they hired someone with no proven track record of success when it comes to developing QBs at the professional level, and it’s not like MSU’s offense was any good when he was there either. The only positive here is that coaches seem to think very highly of this guy but the fact is is that all of these coaching candidates will have connections who will rave about them upon them getting hired. We’ll see, though.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
aside from Pep, who would you have preferred? on paper, he doesn't look the best, but maybe in real life he's a good teacher for Fields. Has been exposed to many philosophies

Pep has developed Qb's i.e. Luck in college -pro ( unfortunately he didn't good pass pro w/Colts), Herbert and recently Mills. I would've talked to Doug Pedersen. I gotta run. But I'll revisit this.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
aside from Pep, who would you have preferred? on paper, he doesn't look the best, but maybe in real life he's a good teacher for Fields. Has been exposed to many philosophies

M.McDaniel
K.O'Connell
M.Kafka

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am good with this move. GB offense has seen success for the past 30+ years, regardless who is at HC. Yes, they also had two HOFers at the most vital positions. But at the same time, that offense, no matter who was running the show, always seemed to be disciplined, took advantage of the receivers and running back's skills, the OL always created holes, etc. These are things we never associated with the Bears.

With that being said, if Getsy can bring the GB playbook with him, then I am all for this move.

And some of you are concerned about his inexperience. Screw that, you gotta start somewhere and get your foot in the door. This could be a bad move or a good move. We don't know yet. The most important thing is that the new guys in charge (Poles, Eberflus) take action the following season (if needed) to correct it. No more stringing along guys that aren't working (see John Shoop... or Nagy.)

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This Getsy guy had two years with Jordan Love and Love still looks as raw as he did when he was drafted. Bleh
Some guys just plain suck. Love probably falls into that category. The reports on him were bad from the start.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Please explain why you consider him "grossly underqualified" to be OC. Not just underqualified, but "grossly". Denver interviewed Getsy for head coach.

And per every report we're seeing, the Bears also intend to hire a QB Coach/Passing Game coordinator who will also develop Fields.

What or who were we expecting to hire that was a sure thing?

I'm not sure how the new hires will pan out, but the same people here rip every one, while people around the NFL have positive reaction.
Semantics aside, how is he not under qualified? Denver interviewed the entire GB population so not sure that really means anything. How is he qualified?