Getsy hired

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Matt Eberflus put together top 10 offenses 3 out of the 4 years he was a DC for the Colts. 3 out of the 4 years he was there, the Colts had winning records. So where are you coming up with this average staff? He was the reason the Colts defense succeeded.

Organizations poach who they feel will be the next big name coach. A lot come from top organizations and fail. Look at Bears poaching Nagy.
I think they were pretty good before the Luck retirement and have since struggled with the QB position like majority of the teams, they swung big in getting Wentz but think that was a miss, the other guys being poached maybe real good, trust that the new guys know what they're doing for at least a month.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The packers were looking at making him their OC . That is what I read anyway. Now the bears hired him what gives ?!?! My thoughts are he would want to stay in Green Bay . He probably wasn’t going to call plays under Matthew . He obviously hasn’t called plays before. Either way I am also confused.
And the guy the Pack promoted has not called plays either but they see the potential in him.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I question getting your OC from a team whose offense relies on the heroics of Aaron Rodgers, virtually every play.

And he's an inexperienced 30-something, who likely has been coasting on coat tails.

I hope he does well and makes me eat my words, but thus far I've not found a single 30-something NFL coach who can do that.
Sean McVey?

Soterod

Liked Posts:
And the guy the Pack promoted has not called plays either but they see the potential in him.
The difference is Getsy will call plays here. He has an opportunity to further his career. Mathew will still be calling plays in Green Bay why would you stay there and not be a full fledged OC . just my two cents.