Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Packers’ offered him OC job too, but he chose the Bears that’s not a good sign for Green Bay. There really is no OC in Green Bay provided Rodgers is there so I can see the reason to move. Getsy also said Justin Fields vs. Jordan Love? He must not have that high of an opinion on Love.
Playcalling is a big deal in terms of becoming a head coach and this is the place that would happen. I hope he promised the Bear at least 2 years though we were in no position to demand anything.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
The more I think of it, the more I’m shaking my head that their plan to develop fields is hiring someone who has never done it before and is grossly under qualified. Maybe it’s a genius hire and he’s worth his salt, but I don’t know man
It’s the Bears. What did you expect?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Well after hiring a guy who would not adapt and change his offense to match the player, maybe the bears decided it was a better idea to get someone less entrenched in their own genius scheme to work and adapt with fields

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So much for my 3,4,5 year cycle of wanting Kubiack. Sink or Swim Getsy. GL

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
The more I think of it, the more I’m shaking my head that their plan to develop fields is hiring someone who has never done it before and is grossly under qualified. Maybe it’s a genius hire and he’s worth his salt, but I don’t know man
I am understanding that there will be a QB coach hired too.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
If Packers’ offered him OC job too, but he chose the Bears that’s not a good sign for Green Bay. There really is no OC in Green Bay provided Rodgers is there so I can see the reason to move. Getsy also said Justin Fields vs. Jordan Love? He must not have that high of an opinion on Love.
Packers lost Hackett and now Getsy. I read that MLF will not fire Packers ST coach. Wonder what is going on in Green Bay??

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you're reaching a little. I think the most obvious answer is the Packers didn't offer him the job.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Everything about this staff is a huge reach and a stretch. They can sell this because well we just don’t know. One thing I do know, it came cheap!
You do not have ANY idea what these guys are paid by the Bears, what other teams are paying new hires or what he made with the Packers.

You simply have thrown around the word "cheap" over and over because someone called the Bears cheap in the 1970's and that's all some people stick with.

You have complained about every move they have made, with no knowledge of the men they've hired, and you completely ignore the input of other NFL coaches and writers when they have positive reaction to the hires.

Do we know it's a home run hire? No. But you call it a 'huge stretch and a reach" to promote a QB/Passing Game coordinator to OC. Where do you think OC's come from? What on earth makes you think it's a "huge reach"? The guy was just interviewed for a head coaching position.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yet you’re still here ragging on the team day after day over hundreds of posts when you have no faith in the changes they’re making.

Exactly what are you hoping to accomplish with the relentless negativity? Why even follow the team?
He wants to be the next Ommy and Halfwit?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think you're reaching a little. I think the most obvious answer is the Packers didn't offer him the job.

Lafluer calls the plays. Getsy gets to be his own guy with the Bears. No one will get in his way because literally no one else knows offense currently.

• Haha
Reactions: 1ke

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Please explain why you consider him "grossly underqualified" to be OC. Not just underqualified, but "grossly". Denver interviewed Getsy for head coach.

And per every report we're seeing, the Bears also intend to hire a QB Coach/Passing Game coordinator who will also develop Fields.

What or who were we expecting to hire that was a sure thing?

I'm not sure how the new hires will pan out, but the same people here rip every one, while people around the NFL have positive reaction.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Good points
This guy has never been a pro OC, never called plays, never designed a pro offense & playbook and never had a history of Qb development.

Bears org says : Hire him
is that really the role of the OC? I see the OC more as discovering his strengths and weaknesses and how to use him to score points with the playbook, i see the quarterback coach as the real developer

I mean between Nagy who came as an OC and Lazor Lazor got better performance out of trubisky than Nagy did. Wasn't Nagy an OC before?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
We have no clue how he will do as a play caller, but apparently he's suppose to have been highly rated in Green Bay.

Rapaport speaks on him at 40:50

"They will probably promote from within and make Luke Getsy the offensive coordinator. He is apparently very very good. He's been sought after for years as an OC. I would imagine that would make him (Rodgers) happy."

This was before we could offer the same job with play calling duties
CCS Cliff Notes to make life easier for everyone (with an example).

1. Other team hires a young promising coach or coordinator:
    1. "Why couldn't the Bears have had courage and hired him? He is going to be a stud."
  2. The Bears hire the same young promising coach or coordinator:
    1. "What kind of an idiot franchise makes a hire of a person with so little experience?"

Example:

Another NFL team hires Jesus Christ as team trainer:

"Everywhere JC went, there was never anybody on IR. Even injuries that seemed to be terrible in the game were never anything major and the player was back on the field seeming to have more energy than he did before he got hurt. Of course, the Bears didn't hire him when they had the chance."

The Bears hire Jesus Christ as team trainer:

"What idiots! Why hire JC when he has practically zero experience as an athletic trainer. He never had any formal training. He was a damn carpenter his whole life!"

"And another thing. He is only 33 years old. He is fricken younger than the GM. Come on! What could he have learned in such a short life, how to make a miter joint? Yeah, that is going to come in handy!"

"He friggen died for fuck sake! How can a team trainer be expected to take care of the players if he goes off and dies!"

CCS member with some brains, "Well, he didn't even miss the game on Sunday."

"Yeah, but where was he when he needed to take care of some bumps and bruises on Friday and Saturday? Buried ... and not even buried in his work!"

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Bears seem to hire a lot of people with names I've never heard of before they were hired by the Bears.
Yeah, but at least those names seem to be respected in the NFL because they got multiple interviews from other NFL teams.

It would be a whole other matter if they had only gotten interviews from the Bears.

What is more important in a hire, for you or I to know of the coach before he is hired or for the coach to be respected in the NFL by multiple teams?