Getsy hired

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The evidence was in the record you provided to me. The Colts were a better team and organization in that time haha.

That’s not what you said. This is what you said

“Colts have been a much better organization than the Bears when Nagy was around.. WTf are you talking about haha.”

So are we moving the goalposts now? Is that your new strategy?

Im done with you.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fox would have got better results with this roster. Trestman may be a tranny (which is fine!), but he at least had a successful offense and would have had better results…although ultimately would have lost the locker room because he can’t lead grown men

Agreed !
In his defense.....He didn't have a Qb

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The thing people overlook with Getsy is that Rodgers lobbied LaFleur to hire him back after Holmgren let him go a couple years before. He had to think a LOT of the guy to do that.

it doesn’t mean he’ll work out, but it does show he really is highly thought of as an offensive coach.
Damn I didn't realize getsy was around with holmgren.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
It’s amazing reading people questioning his ability to work with a young QB, he was a D1 QB and got a cup of coffee with the 49ers. No one better than a QB to teach/communicate with a QB. I’d understand he was an ex OL.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Will wait for them to actually do their jobs before I judge them, but I cant help but feel like the coaching staff at first glance dont seem to be obvious places you would look to for what the current Bears team needed. Hopefully the young coachesare hungry to show what they can do and punch above their current weight class.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
The more I think of it, the more I’m shaking my head that their plan to develop fields is hiring someone who has never done it before and is grossly under qualified. Maybe it’s a genius hire and he’s worth his salt, but I don’t know man
The packers were looking at making him their OC . That is what I read anyway. Now the bears hired him what gives ?!?! My thoughts are he would want to stay in Green Bay . He probably wasn’t going to call plays under Matthew . He obviously hasn’t called plays before. Either way I am also confused.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Don’t have a crystal ball so will hold opinion until 8 games played next season. They might be great… but I thought Nagy was a great (Offensive Genius) great pick… turned out not do much.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Don’t have a crystal ball so will hold opinion until 8 games played next season. They might be great… but I thought Nagy was a great (Offensive Genius) great pick… turned out not do much.
That’s me too. I think these guys will be more about fundamental football, building from the lines back. No more smartest guy in the room bullshit…

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy was already a bad playcaller when we hired him. At least we don't know if Luke Getsy is a bad playcaller or not. Lol.

Papa Bear

Liked Posts:
I'll take anyone other than Nagy calling plays I'm excited to see what's in store for the offense! But offensive line needs most attention this off season!

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
The packers were looking at making him their OC . That is what I read anyway. Now the bears hired him what gives ?!?! My thoughts are he would want to stay in Green Bay . He probably wasn’t going to call plays under Matthew . He obviously hasn’t called plays before. Either way I am also confused.
What’s so confusing about it? Our GM and HC thinks he can be successful on calling plays for the Bears as a first timer as is. They will give him a shot. That’s it. Time will tell. Every play caller right now started at some point.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That’s not what you said. This is what you said

“Colts have been a much better organization than the Bears when Nagy was around.. WTf are you talking about haha.”

So are we moving the goalposts now? Is that your new strategy?

Im done with you.
You are correct, I said that. And the records (evidence) that you provided showed that. A +9 compared to a +3. That’s a big difference in NFL standards.

You can be done with me. I really don’t care….

Canth

Liked Posts:
Packers lost Hackett and now Getsy. I read that MLF will not fire Packers ST coach. Wonder what is going on in Green Bay??

Wow, how do they not move on from the special teams coach after last season? Is he in that much denial?

Canth

Liked Posts:
That’s great and all but if your OC/QB coach didn’t stress the importance of footwork and timing, that’d be more concerning

You say that...and yet it happens.

Or more to the point, I think what really happens is there is a difference in actually teaching it. Everyone "knows" it, but not everyone really knows how to teach it to actually make a difference. Let's hope that Getsy and whoever else they hire know how to really teach the fundamentals and the scheme/offense they want to implement.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Not sure what to take about this but in 2018 when Getsy left Green Bay, packers record was 6-9-1. The year before that he was a WR coach. When Aaron got Getsy back as a QB coach, they went 13-3. Then the season after that, Getsy got the title “passing game coordinator” and they went 13-3 again.

Here’s a nice read.

• In his first season as passing game coordinator in 2020, helped guide an offense that led the league in scoring (31.8 ppg), set an NFL record for red-zone touchdown percentage (80.0 pct., No. 1 in the NFL since 1981) and posted the team's highest third-down percentage since 1970 (49.44 pct.).
  • Tutored QB Aaron Rodgers as he earned his third NFL Most Valuable Player award from The Associated Press in 2020 and led the league in passer rating (121.5, No. 2 in league history), passing TDs (team-record 48), completion percentage (team-record 70.7 pct.) and interception percentage (0.95 pct.).
  • In his first season leading the quarterback room in 2019, helped Rodgers finish with 4,000-plus passing yards, 25-plus TD passes and four or fewer INTs for the second straight season, the only QB to achieve those totals in a season in NFL history.

mecha

Liked Posts:
how much influence does the special teams coach have on the players getting a punt blocked for a touchdown? or the kicker that was fucking awesome for the greater part of over 10 years suddenly starts missing 3-4 field goals in single games? I would gather probably not much. I don't know what their problem is and it's another team, particularly the shitty inbred Packers, so I don't really give a shit what their problems are there.

I think the Bears won out taking their quarterback coach, who will have to know elements of the offense they run. is that not a fucking competitive advantage, or what is it then?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why I am hoping they will be smart enough (and do not cheap skate out) and go ahead and hire a "PROVEN" QB coach like Pep Ham, Ken Dorsey or Mike Kafka -- particularly if one of those guys does not become an OC somewhere.

I think Fields will mostly just keep working with his off season coach. Idk what Joe Brady will teach him when he's never been a QB coach. I think Brady is mostly there for his passing game designs and to learn to call plays in case Getsy gets a HC job

I'll take anyone other than Nagy calling plays I'm excited to see what's in store for the offense! But offensive line needs most attention this off season!
eh...I can't say that I would take ANYONE. lol. Joe Brady was bad in Carolina. I think his offense ranked worse than Nagy's

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amazing how little of these 8 pages actually say about Getsy! Mostly lotsa banter about him not being an OC, and other prior OCs. A few nuggets, but really had to dig. More mentions of Billicheat and Love backing up/taking over in GB.

You guys do know that most OC hires are promotions and not retreads right? Right.

Did I read correctly elsewhere that Getsy DID call plays for a few seasons?? ....just in college. If so, he's not a complete neophyte at it (newb) which makes me feel a little better.

Getsy also sounds like the ANTI-Nagy in that he designs around his QB...enough to keep AR12's bitchiness not only in check, but happy!

Hot/Cold take: Getsy either:
1) works very well with QBs to cater to their strengths & improve their work life or
2) he's a total yes man to Rodgers. I'm not hearing any signs of the later yet, so fingers crossed Bears fans. ??
2.5) even if so, Fields would essentially get to help build his own offense & I trust him to do that over Nagy even. ?‍♂️

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Wow, how do they not move on from the special teams coach after last season? Is he in that much denial?
I have the same question. Evidently he is loyal to his coaches. I guess there is some value in that, but from what I gather there were special team blunders most of the year. I can see MLF being loyal, but there comes a time that change is needed. We will have to see.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I question getting your OC from a team whose offense relies on the heroics of Aaron Rodgers, virtually every play.

And he's an inexperienced 30-something, who likely has been coasting on coat tails.

I hope he does well and makes me eat my words, but thus far I've not found a single 30-something NFL coach who can do that.