Getsy Packers passing offense

DickButkus97

Liked Posts:
This is how the Pack has dominated football the last few years. Frustrating to be on the receiving end no doubt. Let’s use the template to turn the tables. Nice work by Stephen Letizia.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
It feels like it took so long to poach some talent and schemes from Green Bay. I’m hoping it pays off. Maybe we can sign Shea Mcclellin to send Aaron to an early retirement while we’re at it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
OC Luke Getsy:

2019-21 - QB coach for Packers
2018 - WR coach for Miss St.
2016-17 - WR coach for Packers
2014-15 - Quality control coach for Packers
2013 - WR coach for West Mich
2011-12 - OC for Indiana Univ of Pennsylvania
2010 - Graduate assistant for Pitt
2009 - OC for West VA Wesleyan
2007-08 - Akron Graduate Assistant

QB Coach Andrew Janocko:

2021 - QB coach for Vikings
2020 - WR coach for Vikings
2019 - Asst. offensive line coach for Vikings
2018 - Co-offensive line coach for Vikings
2017 - Asst. offensive line coach for Vikings
2015-16 - Quality control coach for Vikings
2014 - QB Coach for Mercyhurst University
2012-13 - Quality control coach for Buccaneers
2011 - Graduate assistant for Rutgers

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is how the Pack has dominated football the last few years. Frustrating to be on the receiving end no doubt. Let’s use the template to turn the tables. Nice work by Stephen Letizia.
in GB he had Rodgers and Adams. in Chicago, he has neither, or anything close to that

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
OC Luke Getsy:

2019-21 - QB coach for Packers
2018 - WR coach for Miss St.
2016-17 - WR coach for Packers
2014-15 - Quality control coach for Packers
2013 - WR coach for West Mich
2011-12 - OC for Indiana Univ of Pennsylvania
2010 - Graduate assistant for Pitt
2009 - OC for West VA Wesleyan
2007-08 - Akron Graduate Assistant

QB Coach Andrew Janocko:

2021 - QB coach for Vikings
2020 - WR coach for Vikings
2019 - Asst. offensive line coach for Vikings
2018 - Co-offensive line coach for Vikings
2017 - Asst. offensive line coach for Vikings
2015-16 - Quality control coach for Vikings
2014 - QB Coach for Mercyhurst University
2012-13 - Quality control coach for Buccaneers
2011 - Graduate assistant for Rutgers
I have high hopes, but that really is an incredibly uninspiring list.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Getsy was the OC for Rodgers' 8th career resurgence right?

I'm just saying, Packers haven't had any of those campaigns recently where they're like 4-7 and still in the playoff hunt.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still watching the video, so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt.

I'm concerned about Getsy for two reasons:
1. Aaron Rodgers still made an incredible number of plays where he just waited long enough for Maple Syrup to drain before he threw to an (eventually) uncovered Davante Adams.
2. The reason Rodgers gets that much time is their offensive line gets away with holding.

Now "Why can't the Bears do that?" one might ask, and it would be a perfectly valid question. The answer is they conceivably could, if they had a superstar QB that the league had a vested interest in protecting, so much so that they allow the line get away with holding. If the Pittsburgh game was any indication at all of the treatment Justin Fields will be getting by the league and by officials, then they are going to do the opposite of protecting him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'm still watching the video, so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt.

I'm concerned about Getsy for two reasons:
1. Aaron Rodgers still made an incredible number of plays where he just waited long enough for Maple Syrup to drain before he threw to an (eventually) uncovered Davante Adams.
2. The reason Rodgers gets that much time is their offensive line gets away with holding.

Now "Why can't the Bears do that?" one might ask, and it would be a perfectly valid question. The answer is they conceivably could, if they had a superstar QB that the league had a vested interest in protecting, so much so that they allow the line get away with holding. If the Pittsburgh game was any indication at all of the treatment Justin Fields will be getting by the league and by officials, then they are going to do the opposite of protecting him.
There’s no doubt a huge part of GBs offensive success has been Rodgers. But he also credited Getsy with doing a lot of good things for him and their offense. Do the scheme isn’t as effective as Rodgers obviously makes it, but cannot be good on its own? And can Fields eventually make some of those Rodgersesque plays as well?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s no doubt a huge part of GBs offensive success has been Rodgers. But he also credited Getsy with doing a lot of good things for him and their offense. Do the scheme isn’t as effective as Rodgers obviously makes it, but cannot be good on its own? And can Fields eventually make some of those Rodgersesque plays as well?
Very good questions. I almost hate to say it because I know it will be misinterpreted by some, but Fields has a lot of that "look for the deep guy open" gene in him just like Rodgers does, and I have no doubt that given the time (and the receiving talent) he could light it up downfield.

But how will the offense function in it's infant stages when the very first thing teams are going to do is put on the Cleveland tape from last year and see if the Bears have figured out how to block and protect their investment at QB (and if the Bears are going to be stupid enough to call 5 and 7 step drops when the line is blocking like wet tissue-paper).

It really comes down to one thing: I believe Fields will be successful if the Bears can and are willing to run the ball.

DickButkus97

Liked Posts:
The hope in this new offensive system is that it is real, not a football Ponzi scheme, all BS, and that along with a swarming defense and weapons on teams that we will be playing the same caliber of football that the better teams are playing. The last 4 regimes Lovie, Trestman, Fox and Nagy did not have viable offensive systems, with the result that the Bears have been fighting with one arm tied behind their backs for generations in the modern era of football.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
in GB he had Rodgers and Adams. in Chicago, he has neither, or anything close to that.
Running a play like “Mesh” doesn’t require good incredible QB play or good route running as you’re basically just running the DB’s through a sieve.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think one thing that is lacking in the video and that nobody in this thread has brought up is that run blocking will be important to this scheme.

Remember, PA and RPO require the OL to drive block before rooting into an anchor set to pass block. As long as there is a consistent run to set up the drive blocks, it will hide a lot of the pass blocking of our OL. Very good run blocking with average pas blocking and playing within a score, up or down, will help Fields win a lot of games.

Just think about the first time, sometime in the 3rd quarter, when we’re on our own 30, it’s 1&10, and we run jet left Monty right and Fields bootlegs out to either throw the wheel into the flat to VJJ or hit Mooney running a deep go for a massive gain. At that point, there will be a collective gasp from the NFL as they all go “Oh shit!”. That is going to be some for real shit right there, let me tell you.