Getsy should not be getting a pass… and the Oline is not very good at pass protection

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
I just checked the Box score. If you count scrambles and sacks as pass attempts vs handoffs and exclude the final drive where they ran clock before the FG, Getsy called 28 passes and 27 runs. 13 plays were Fields scrambles or sacks that count as runs. One of those scrambles may have been a called QB run so you can swap that over but it's not the attempts that's creating this inequality.

If they were behind and on the wrong side of the field, that last drive would have been all passes instead of all runs.

You also don't force your QB to lose a game for you on a bad day when he can at least walk away with a win and not carry the weight of the world on his shoulders for another week.

I see what you're saying. I still think the playcalling has failed to build rhythm or any pace for Fields regardless of split. I think he is an afterthought to the running game, he's hidden, and I think you can be more clever in getting the passing game involved early and building confidence by stringing some easy completions together. Fields of course has a role in this, but that's how I've felt thus far about Getsy's playcalling

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see what you're saying. I still think the playcalling has failed to build rhythm or any pace for Fields regardless of split. I think he is an afterthought to the running game, he's hidden, and I think you can be more clever in getting the passing game involved early and building confidence by stringing some easy completions together. Fields of course has a role in this, but that's how I've felt thus far about Getsy's playcalling
Fields isn't pulling the trigger and passing up on easier early throws. You can't force a rhythm on a guy that won't take those quick tosses when available.
Against the Texans, the 1st drive had 5 passes and 3 runs. Can't tell what the fumbled snap would have been. It's not the Justin Fields Bears. It's the Chicago Bears and good coaches don't throw games for any one player. You've got 53 others plus a D your trying to show that the effort you've been espousing actually Bears fruit.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Fields is clearly playing like shit and may not be the guy, but I think the people bending over backwards to defend Getsy and Eberflus are going to end up looking like idiots in the end. There are offenses in the NFL helmed by really shitty quarterbacks that are overwhelmingly lapping the Bears. This is not what a growing offense looks like.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields is clearly playing like shit and may not be the guy, but I think the people bending over backwards to defend Getsy and Eberflus are going to end up looking like idiots in the end. There are offenses in the NFL helmed by really shitty quarterbacks that are overwhelmingly lapping the Bears. This is not what a growing offense looks like.

The problem is you are dishing year 2 rhetoric in year 1 of a rebuild.

This is an EXPANSION LEVEL TEAM. They cut a lot of dead weight and dead cap in order to be able to rebuound next offseason.

That they even found a way to win games with their limited roster already speaks volumes for the front office and coaching staff.

Unless something egregious happens that ISN'T talent-related, I don't see how anyone can properly evaluate the coaches this year.