Getsy should not be getting a pass… and the Oline is not very good at pass protection

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Getsy has shown his inexperience as a play caller and is not calling a game that helps Fields to get into a rhythm. It could be due to the fact that the Oline is not very good at pass protection. Either way, there is plenty of blame to go around — including Fields himself, who clearly has to play better.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Getsy has shown his inexperience as a play caller and is not calling a game that helps Fields to get into a rhythm. It could be due to the fact that the Oline is not very good at pass protection. Either way, there is plenty of blame to go around — including Fields himself, who clearly has to play better.
They won the game you jabroni.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm going to disagree with you.

The Bears front office got wide receivers that are better pass blockers then wide receivers practically.

I think every person involved in this team knows exactly what the Bears are and what they have.

We are basically an expansion team right now. That is the level of talent we have.

I don't think they're calling all these runs and being ultra conservative because that's what they believe in philosophically. I believe they know because of the lack of talent they have, this is what they have to do this year in order to still win games while severely behind the talent curve.

Therefore, I don't wholeheartedly believe that this is what getsy enjoys calling or wants to call. I think the playbook is severely limited to what they are able to execute.

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
100%. Not using any no huddle, short slants, rollouts. He’s continuously putting Fields in obvious passing plays

Trevor Lawrence last 9 games of last year: 35, 26, 54, 41, 33, 25, 34, 33, 51. Those were his passing attempts. You can see this year he got the reps in. Its not until the Bears run it their 35th time of the game and get stuffed, that 3rd and long Fields is attempting his third pass of the game

If we’re ‘evaluating’ Fields you also need to look at the oc getting 100s of yard less than Nagy got out of Fields last year. Bill Lazor was calling better game scripts for Fields than Getsy

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He did great. Fields just can't make basic NFL throws.

Can we stop with the stupid hyperbole?

He had some bad throws yes. There are some things to be concerned about yes.

But let's not pretend and ignore the next gen stats from last year and thus far this year, that say Fields is the most hit quarterback in the NFL and also say he is given the least amount of time to throw in the NFL.

Neither of those things are Fields fault.

Mustipher keeps giving up the middle so Fields can't step up in the pocket, our tackles are struggling mightily in pass pro, and Fields is running around like he's seeing ghosts from all the battering he's getting.

I'm not hanging this completely on the kid. Not excusing the things he's doing wrong either but I'm not going to manufacture bullshit either just to engage in Bears induced confirmation bias of another bad quarterback.

I prefer to actually look at things fairly.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The line is good at BEEF BLOCK for runners, but subpar to mid at pass protection.
Yes they are and it is working with the 2-3 TE sets. Once again, the future look good to me with pounding the football and using Fields to run play action off of it. Hopefully Montgomery isn't hurt long term.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes they are and it is working with the 2-3 TE sets. Once again, the future look good to me with pounding the football and using Fields to run play action off of it. Hopefully Montgomery isn't hurt long term.

I think going into the season the Bears knew the line could not pass block.

I don't think Fields is going to be judged as harshly as the fans would want him to be.

I also would not be surprised if going into the next draft, the fans in the stupid media in this town would whip up a frenzy claiming the Bears are going to be replacing just in fields and drafting the next quarterback, only for the Bears to use their first pick to pick up a left tackle.

The media are disingenuous and the fans are stupid which makes for a really long offseason when the Bears are bad

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Under Nagy, the Bears were good at nothing, and had no identity. It looks like the staff realizes how outgunned the team is, and is trying to evaluate the youngsters while establishing some facet of functioning offense. The run game looks improved, and may be a foundation the staff tries to build on as they establish a baseline to grow from.

It will be a painful season for those looking for instant gratification. For the long term, the staff looks to be playing the hand they were left with by the previous leadership. My hope (that's hope folks) is that the team will gradually improve as the season goes forward.

Next offseason will be fun to see what happens in free agency & the draft.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not once were there 3 TEs on the field today.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
These are two perfect pockets and he missed the receiver running down the sideline on both of them for what could have possibly been long scores. He has to get better.

Sorry, hate sports mockery but he has the videos imbedded.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Can we stop with the stupid hyperbole?

He had some bad throws yes. There are some things to be concerned about yes.

But let's not pretend and ignore the next gen stats from last year and thus far this year, that say Fields is the most hit quarterback in the NFL and also say he is given the least amount of time to throw in the NFL.

Neither of those things are Fields fault.

Mustipher keeps giving up the middle so Fields can't step up in the pocket, our tackles are struggling mightily in pass pro, and Fields is running around like he's seeing ghosts from all the battering he's getting.

I'm not hanging this completely on the kid. Not excusing the things he's doing wrong either but I'm not going to manufacture bullshit either just to engage in Bears induced confirmation bias of another bad quarterback.

I prefer to actually look at things fairly.
Rogers got to sit for 3 years behind Favre
Fields is only 23 , had his head hanging down a few times on the Sidelines, No Coaches coming to talk to him?

The Game is to fast for him right now but it’s sink or Swim ? time, God ,never ? though I would miss Cutler.

987C887F-99A0-48B9-8DC4-EC9096FB55E7.jpeg

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard to know what is going right or wrong, but the big negative of this oline today I have to giveto Mumps and Borum. They don't look like NFL starters today IMO nothing we didn't know about Mumps. I'd honestly give Borum two more weeks to get better in pass pro and if it still looks bad, Reiff or Jenkins should get the start.