Giants hire Joe Schoen (pronounced Shane, but we don't care because it's the Giants)

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don’t think McDaniels wants to coach elsewhere. Honestly, I think there’s a handshake agreement that he’ll be the next HC for the Patriots. I think that’s why he pulled out all those years ago and why he’s not picking up calls now.
He hasn't even been invited. Rumors are he's very selective about where he goes. He won't just take any job. The Bears are such a hot mess, I don't know why they won't meet his demands. It cannot be any worse than another coach we'll fire in 4 years.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What happened with the Pederson interview?

Did he decline to commit to the Bears?

Why not invite McDaniels? Just because other teams haven't doesn't mean we can't.

Pederson interviewed - he didn't turn the Bears down. No one is interviewing McDaniels.

So again - where are these mythical candidates who are turning down the Bears because the Bears suck?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
When you string a potential employer along for a week and then pull out after your hire has been announced, and there are only 32 such positions in your industry and everyone knows everyone, people are going to remember that. Also lots of people will remember that you were at the center of one of the most high profile bed shittings in recent memory in a separate incident.

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Agreed its nothing to get too disturbed about right now, but when the Giants hired the most qualified GM candidate and are now going after the hottest OC available for HC.. that's exciting.

Meanwhile our Bears are kicking tires on re-tread coaches like Caldwell.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He hasn't even been invited. Rumors are he's very selective about where he goes. He won't just take any job. The Bears are such a hot mess, I don't know why they won't meet his demands. It cannot be any worse than another coach we'll fire in 4 years.

Seriously - the Bears suck because they won't interview your man-crush? When no one else in the league is either?

Dude, get therapy.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Agreed its nothing to get too disturbed about right now, but when the Giants hired the most qualified GM candidate and are now going after the hottest OC available for HC.. that's exciting.

Meanwhile our Bears are kicking tires on re-tread coaches like Caldwell.

Who declared him the most qualified? Is he the most qualified because he got hired first? Is he SO qualified that no one barely ever even heard of him before this hiring cycle?

Dude, COME ON.

You're impatient. Fine. But stop inventing shit just because you're impatient. It has nothing to do with the competency of the Bears or lack thereof. You're just impatient...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

McDaniels backed out of a job at the 11th hour after excepting one. Putting an organization in scramble mode. Perhaps that's why he hasn't been getting calls this season. It's possible teams don't want the drama.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It's also very possible McDaniels let his representation know he wouldn't be excepting invasions to interview this season. They in turn put out a boilerplate statement that let's front offices across the league know he won't be available this year.

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

you really pressing for a guy who has not been invited to interview with anyone?

Bust

Liked Posts:
I don’t think McDaniels wants to coach elsewhere. Honestly, I think there’s a handshake agreement that he’ll be the next HC for the Patriots. I think that’s why he pulled out all those years ago and why he’s not picking up calls now.

He'll never get another shot outside of Belichick retiring. This was a huge deal back in the day. Colts already had signed all the assistant coaches before josh backed out, lol

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
you really pressing for a guy who has not been invited to interview with anyone?
You really think we should follow what other bad teams do? Especially when we're talking about the development of a QB we used two 1sts on?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Pederson interviewed - he didn't turn the Bears down. No one is interviewing McDaniels.

So again - where are these mythical candidates who are turning down the Bears because the Bears suck?
You know what happened at Pederson's interview?

Do tell.

The Bears are above hiring SB coaches?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really think we should follow what other bad teams do? Especially when we're talking about the development of a QB we used two 1sts on?
eh...personally am not a fan of the guy. Also there has to be a reason nobody is interviewing him. Either he has a deal in place with the Patriots or people just don't think he's good.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know what happened at Pederson's interview?

Do tell.

The Bears are above hiring SB coaches?

Who said?

Last I checked, they haven't exactly announced who's in and who's out.

The fact that they interviewed him would tell you that they aren't above hiring Super bowl coaches.

But I'm sure he also had to answer for how he flamed out in philly, and how his scheme differs from Matt Nagy, especially given that other than Andy Reid it seems like the league has caught up to how both Peterson and Nagy run that system.

Dude you're desperate to try to win an unwinnable argument and it shows.

Maybe observe something first and then come to a conclusion instead of coming to the conclusion first and then trying to justify it, because right now you're making yourself look really stupid.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Who said?

Last I checked, they haven't exactly announced who's in and who's out.

The fact that they interviewed him would tell you that they aren't above hiring Super bowl coaches.

But I'm sure he also had to answer for how he flamed out in philly, and how his scheme differs from Matt Nagy, especially given that other than Andy Reid it seems like the league has caught up to how both Peterson and Nagy run that system.

Dude you're desperate to try to win an unwinnable argument and it shows.

Maybe observe something first and then come to a conclusion instead of coming to the conclusion first and then trying to justify it, because right now you're making yourself look really stupid.

I wouldn't have a problem with Doug Pederson, as x-NFL Qb, he could help JF

Liked Posts:
eh...personally am not a fan of the guy. Also there has to be a reason nobody is interviewing him. Either he has a deal in place with the Patriots or people just don't think he's good.
Or maybe folks don’t wanna deal with a guy who took a job, hired coaches and quit randomly like a day later leaving everyone stunned and confused?

Dude deserves to get blackballed for that stunt.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This is just boiler plate BS because they have to interview a minority and they need to make it look like minorities had a shot at getting the job.
You know I used to think similarly, but then I started interviewing for higher paying jobs where a good interview will get you a recommendation to someone else.

The opportunity to interview for a HC position is probably worth going in for it even if you know they wont hire you. There is utility to this kind of rule, even if it is kind of half assed.