CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Anybody ever get the feeling that @dabears70 has a financial stake in fansided? He's always linking from there.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I've felt like Nagy was the problem since about mid last season. The reason: trajectory. It's not a good sign when a guy peaks in his first year and it's all downhill after that. I like Matt Nagy as a person but I don't think things get better until someone else is in charge of the offense.. His offense has never clicked. It was the best year one, when it was simpler. The offense is getting worse. This is a bad sign. He did not develop Trubisky, the offense is probably worse under Foles. What offensive talent has he developed? AR is good but he was a proven entity before he came here . Where is the playmaker on offense? Cohen was good but Nagy didn't make him any better. Patterson? How are guys that were nobody's going elsewhere and having better success?

This is a soft, sloppy offense and it doesn't work. If it weren't for our great defenses (the part of the team that Nagy has nothing to do with) this team would be absolute basement dwellers. If Nagy is going to remain on for another year he needs to hand the reigns over to someone else. The OC will need to take over the offense completely - everything from offensive philosophy, running practice, game planning and play calling. I would prefer this move because a complete rebuild of the entire team sets things back years.

Give Lazor the reigns today.
You’re not going to completely remake the offense mid season, even if Nagy would give up control. At best, you’ll get a new playcaller of the same junk plays.

The offense needs to be blown up. A new HC and GM can do that. They won’t decimate the defense, as they would know they have a good thing there.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he would just fucking simplify the god damn formations and stop overthinking things this offensive offense would get much better.
Running sweeps to the short side of the field is just ridiculous. Taking Graham out in the redzone? Are you fucking serious Nagy? Fucking idiot!

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Figure out 3 or 4 formations and run the offense out of them. Quit with the over complicating.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You’re not going to completely remake the offense mid season, even if Nagy would give up control. At best, you’ll get a new playcaller of the same junk plays.

At this point, I will take anything. At least put our best personnel packages on the field consistently and add some ingenuity to our running game. Those 2 things have to help a little. They can attack the edges a little more in the running game, some misdirection/counter plays, the occasional lead blocker.. . If I see one more singleback RB dive play for 2 yards I may vomit.

We have to add a little deception to the run game to help our O-line. Nagy called run plays on Monday night like we had 5 Quinton Nelson's on the line to bulldoze ahead. It was horrible.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Give Lazor the Reigns ( Reins)

Ok....but not sure what we can expect. I checked his record and his been associated with only 3 winning seasons outta 12 during his NFL career in various coaching positions.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think the really successful OCs have the luxury of not having to come to Chicago.
That's kind of what I mean. He doesn't seem to be successful of a playcaller considering he's only done that in Miami and Cincy.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That's kind of what I mean. He doesn't seem to be successful of a playcaller considering he's only done that in Miami and Cincy.
The Cincinnati roster was all kinds of jacked that year iirc, but yeah, agreed.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Lazor hits and misses

Lazor was a part of Foles 2013 season, and he had Lamar Miller as his RB in Miami.

Seems to me with just a few small tweaks Lazor could jump right in?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lazor's record while play-calling

During his three years in Cincinnati, the Bengals failed to make the playoffs.
2018 Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Coordinator 6-10-0
2017 Cincinnati Bengals Quarterbacks Coach / Offensive Coordinator 7-9-0
2016 Cincinnati Bengals Quarterbacks Coach 6-9-1

Lazor was fired 10 games into the 2015 season amidst a 4-6 record after many key players regressed from their 2014 performance.
2015 Miami Dolphins Offensive Coordinator 4-6-0
2014 Miami Dolphins Offensive Coordinator 8-8-0

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lazor's record while play-calling

During his three years in Cincinnati, the Bengals failed to make the playoffs.
2018 Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Coordinator6-10-0
2017 Cincinnati Bengals Quarterbacks Coach / Offensive Coordinator7-9-0
2016 Cincinnati Bengals Quarterbacks Coach6-9-1

Lazor was fired 10 games into the 2015 season amidst a 4-6 record after many key players regressed from their 2014 performance.
2015 Miami Dolphins Offensive Coordinator4-6-0
2014 Miami Dolphins Offensive Coordinator8-8-0
his record really doesn't show me anything. What were his offenses ranked? Matt Nagy and Mitch Trubisky have a great record...doesn't mean they're good at their jobs either.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
his record really doesn't show me anything. What were his offenses ranked? Matt Nagy and Mitch Trubisky have a great record...doesn't mean they're good at their jobs either.

Lazor's offenses ranked while play-calling........

Cincinnati Bengals
Record: 6-10-0, 4th in AFC North Division (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Marvin Lewis (6-10-0)
Points For: 368 (23.0/g) 17th of 32

Record: 7-9-0, 3rd in AFC North Division (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Marvin Lewis (7-9-0)
Points For: 290 (18.1/g) 26th of 32

Record: 6-9-1, 3rd in AFC North Division (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Marvin Lewis (6-9-1)
Points For: 325 (20.3/g) 24th of 32
points Against:
315 (19.7/g) 8th of 32
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 Miami Dolphins
Record: 6-10-0, 4th in AFC East Division (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Joe Philbin (1-3-0) and Dan Campbell (5-7-0)
Points For: 310 (19.4/g) 27th of 32

2014 Miami Dolphins
Record: 8-8-0, 3rd in AFC East Division (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Joe Philbin (8-8-0)
Points For: 388 (24.3/g) 11th of 32

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We've complained about Nagy's playcalling sine his 1st season.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

The offense needs to be blown up. A new HC and GM can do that. They won’t decimate the defense, as they would know they have a good thing there.
The problem with Nagy is that his play calling is not situational.