CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
C. Kmet TE
I. Wilson OT
K. Hamler WR
Y. Gross-Matos Edge

YGM probably will not be there, but I'd like to see him in a Bears uni in the second...

I think Hamler is too small. They need someone who can line up on the outside consistently. They already have Miller and Cohen in the slot.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kareem is not a pass rusher. He's a well rounded player but he wouldn't bring anything to the table that already isnt on the team. He occasionally gets to the QB

I am drafting the tools and hoping to develop the pass rusher. We are not getting a ready made rusher in round 2.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hamler is too small. They need someone who can line up on the outside consistently. They already have Miller and Cohen in the slot.

It is what is available....Bears need speed.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We gotta do something to start scoring points. Fourteen to 17 points a game is not gonna cut in today's NFL.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am drafting the tools and hoping to develop the pass rusher. We are not getting a ready made rusher in round 2.
He's a mid round pick. He reminds me of Alex Brown coming out of Florida.

"Kareem (6'4/265) is not as herald a prospect as teammate Julian Okwara, but the senior pass-rusher is no slouch. Kareem shows a wide array of pass-rush moves and a veteran-like understanding of how to pick and choose his approaches. While Kareem is not the quickest or bendiest player, he is agile enough to complement his impressive strength for the position. Kareem is likely a mid-round pick, barring an huge rise following the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine."

Liked Posts:
Would love to get T.Lewis at 43.
Would make my day. I think Lewis is going to be an animal. I understand there are some injury question marks that limited playing time with Lewis, but thats just the nature of the beast when you dont have a first round pick to help narrow the red flags. Lewis looks like a naturally gifted talent coming from a program gets a rep for its well coached/developed prospects. IMO hed be a fine pick.

I like Jennings too. Ultimately I do think that with more reps, Lewis will prove to be the better pure passrusher than Jennings. But Jennings makes up for that somewhat with excellent versatility. Jennings can play consistently off either edge. Jennings can also play consistently in zone coverage as the MIKE, or downhill as a PLUG. He can play any LB position in this system. I like that.

Jennings could be on the board in the later mid rounds & Id snatch him up in a heartbeat if he is.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would make my day. I think Lewis is going to be an animal. I understand there are some injury question marks that limited playing time with Lewis, but thats just the nature of the beast when you dont have a first round pick to help narrow the red flags. Lewis looks like a naturally gifted talent coming from a program gets a rep for its well coached/developed prospects. IMO hed be a fine pick.

I like Jennings too. Ultimately I do think that with more reps, Lewis will prove to be the better pure passrusher than Jennings. But Jennings makes up for that somewhat with excellent versatility. Jennings can play consistently off either edge. Jennings can also play consistently in zone coverage as the MIKE, or downhill as a PLUG. He can play LB position in this system. I like that.

Jennings could be on the board in the later mid rounds & Id snatch him up in a heartbeat if he is.

Yeah i'm 100% down with drafting T.Lewis at #43 but not sure he'll make it that far. Either way i'm all about drafting a edge rusher in the 2nd round whether we keep Floyd or not. It actually might be good to get one to play with/behind Floyd and then take his spot after next year, that's if he doesn't take it from him during next year which i could see someone like T.Lewis doing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
My guy is Eason, Josh Jones, and Hopkins.

I havent seen someone tackle like Eason since Joe Montana

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
We gotta do something to start scoring points. Fourteen to 17 points a game is not gonna cut in today's NFL.
Pace has no choice but to spend a shit ton in FA on offense or he's going to the house after next season. He still will draft some offense, but I'd say he'll try to cover up as many of those holes before that as he can.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Pace has no choice but to spend a shit ton in FA on offense or he's going to the house after next season. He still will draft some offense, but I'd say he'll try to cover up as many of those holes before that as he can.

I think schematically we've got to commit to more of a pass/run balance. Draft-wise I'd look for help on the OL and speed at the wr position to compliment A-Rob.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I think schematically we've got to commit to more of a pass/run balance. Draft-wise I'd look for help on the OL and speed at the wr position to compliment A-Rob.
For sure. But Pace can’t rest his laurels on rookie learning curves or how steep they are plugging them in starting roles in a putrid offense. He should be in win now mode.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
C. Kmet TE
I. Wilson OT
K. Hamler WR
Y. Gross-Matos Edge

YGM probably will not be there, but I'd like to see him in a Bears uni in the second...

Modo, what would you think about AJ Dillon in the 5th or 6th round? He seems like a guy that can help a team control the clock in bad weather. It will be interesting to see how fast he runs tonight.

Liked Posts:
Me too but from the little I’ve seen it’s trade up to round one or forgetaboutit. Fromm looks like the only top one that may be there. Emphasis on may
I hear ya, that very well could be how things play out, though I do think one of the premier names not named Fromm is going to be within a reasonable striking distance for the Bears to honestly consider.

I DO think Pace is going to target a young QB. That being said I DO think that a kid like Shae Patterson in the late rounds will give a pro team similar production and development to what theyd expect to get from a kid like Fromm.

I do think Patterson will surprise a few people at the pro level. He can play as a pocket read QB in a balanced run/pass pro style offense, & he has the legs to play as a dual threat if neaded. Without Patterson that Michigan team is boarder line awful.

I do believe this will prove to be a rare & deep QB class & I definitely hope Pace can take advantage of it.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Modo, what would you think about AJ Dillon in the 5th or 6th round? He seems like a guy that can help a team control the clock in bad weather. It will be interesting to see how fast he runs tonight.

His film is interesting...I saw a few BC games and he looked like he was the beneficiary of some nice holes to run through. He always looked like he was running through swamp water; although he has some decent athleticism for a 2 and a half spin guy...people seemed like they needed to properly wrap him up to tackle him.

wasn't really a passing threat......not sure he is a Pace/Nagy guy....

His "speed for a big guy" played well in college but it won't fly in the NFL. My guess is he will have to drop about 10 to 15 pounds....

I think we should just undo the trading Howard mistake....