Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears have the potential to get two good prospects at 43 and 50. Please list players in that range that you would like to see drafted and try to be realistic.

My list:

Lucas Niang OT, TCU
Lloyd Cushenberry C, LSU
Cesar Ruiz G, Michigan
Jaylon Reagor WR, TCU
Denzel Mims WR, Baylor
Kyle Duggar S, Lenoir Rhyne (He looked fantastic at the Senior Bowl practices)
Cole Kmet TE, Notre Dame
Brycen Hopkins TE, Purdue

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
Terrell Lewis...Lewis & Mack coming off the edges = Pain. I also like Anfernee Jennings. I lile both 'Bama EDGE/OLB prospects, ALOT.

I was really hoping for either QB, Love or Eason to be on the board when the Bears pick but now that it looks like Hebert is going back to Oregon for his SR year thats probably not going to happen.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Terrell Lewis...Lewis & Mack coming off the edges = Pain. I also like Anfernee Jennings. I lile both 'Bama EDGE/OLB prospects, ALOT.

I was really hoping for either QB, Love or Eason to be on the board when the Bears pick but now that it looks like Hebert is going back to Oregon for his SR year thats probably not going to happen.

Herbert was a Senior. He’s going to the NFL in this draft. He’s at the combine.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...nts-prove-hes-competitor-nfl-scouting-combine

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears are going to sign a legit starting G in free agency, so I will skip that position.

To me, WR and T are easily the best position groups in the 2nd round. So much so that I'd like Pace to potentially trade one of those picks, move down 8-12 spots, and pick up a pick in the top 120 or so.

Niang is a very good target. I think at T it's going to come down to whether the Bears want an upside potential LT who is riskier and probably not quite ready (Jackson, Wanhogo, Jones) or a guy like Niang who is a safer bet but probably just an RT. I think Niang here, and I think he could beat out Massie for sure. Either way, there are just so many good tackle prospects this year and it should be a position where value is there.

I have been a fan of Mims for awhile and would be happy to see him picked. Van Jefferson is a dark horse 2nd rounder, especially with a trade down. Dude is a high floor player who is an amazing route runner. Reminds me of Ant Mill a little.

Others: Zack Baun, EDGE/LB Wisconsin. Jack of all trades in the Floyd mold but imo a more refined pass rusher. Would be more viable if they move on from Floyd.

Jeff Gladney, CB TCU. Dude will likely be gone but some sites have him in the 40s. My #2 CB, really sticky and competitive.

Okwara (ND) and Uche (Mich), speed rushers who will probably begin as DPR but both have really nice potential, Uche maybe off the ball some.

Saddiq Charles, Jon Greenard, Matt Peart all players that will likely rise too.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My ideal combo with those two picks would be a QB and an OL. If both Eason and Fromm are gone I would be equally happy with 2 OL. I don’t buy into a TE fixing our problems given the lack of blocking and Mitch’s accuracy. I feel that an OL would address both of those issues. If given more time, Mitch could be more accurate.

I’m using Walter Football’s estimation of where players could be taken. Most of the good tackle prospects, not surprisingly, are projected to go well into the first round so I’m leaning towards guard, but if Biadasz from Wisconsin is on the board I have no issue drafting a center in the second round.

Therefore....

Jacob Eason
Jake Fromm
Solomon Kindley
Logan Stenberg
Tyler Biadasz

If there’s a run on OL in the draft, then we shouldn’t be taking OL for the sake of OL. I’d go BPA with a bias towards OLB, CB or a high quality RB that drops that we can pair with Monty to make a tandem would be fantastic.

If both QBs are gone I’d go Kindley and then see if an RB dropped and do that. I like the idea of having a tandem to keep a fresh body out there to help wear out the D.

Liked Posts:
Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My ideal combo with those two picks would be a QB and an OL. If both Eason and Fromm are gone I would be equally happy with 2 OL. I don’t buy into a TE fixing our problems given the lack of blocking and Mitch’s accuracy. I feel that an OL would address both of those issues. If given more time, Mitch could be more accurate.

I’m using Walter Football’s estimation of where players could be taken. Most of the good tackle prospects, not surprisingly, are projected to go well into the first round so I’m leaning towards guard, but if Biadasz from Wisconsin is on the board I have no issue drafting a center in the second round.

Therefore....

Jacob Eason
Jake Fromm
Solomon Kindley
Logan Stenberg
Tyler Biadasz

If there’s a run on OL in the draft, then we shouldn’t be taking OL for the sake of OL. I’d go BPA with a bias towards OLB, CB or a high quality RB that drops that we can pair with Monty to make a tandem would be fantastic.

If both QBs are gone I’d go Kindley and then see if an RB dropped and do that. I like the idea of having a tandem to keep a fresh body out there to help wear out the D.

I would LOVE for the Bears to get Eason, or Love.

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia. Just another UGA beast.
Austin Jackson, OT, USC . Underpowered but good movement.
Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn. Raw CB with man skills. But not exactly the zone CB the Bears are looking for.
Chicago Bears: Jon Greenard, DE, Florida. Great rush ability. May not have a perfect position so he could fall into round 2.
Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State. More of a zone CB guy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would LOVE for the Bears to get Eason, Love.
Me too but from the little I’ve seen it’s trade up to round one or forgetaboutit. Fromm looks like the only top one that may be there. Emphasis on may

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lucas Niang
Prince Tago Wanogo
Isaiah Wilson
Austin Jackson

Jalen Reagor
Brand Aiyuk
Denzel Mims

Cole Kmet
Harrison Bryant
Brycen Hopkins

Lloyd Cushenberry
Ceasr Ruiz
Damien Lewis

Terrell Lewis
Julian Okwara
Khaled Kareem

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Would love to get T.Lewis at 43.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Get the winning, 73% passer, QbTyler Huntley, Utah in here. :cool:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Lucas Niang
Prince Tago Wanogo
Isaiah Wilson
Austin Jackson

Jalen Reagor
Brand Aiyuk
Denzel Mims

Cole Kmet
Harrison Bryant
Brycen Hopkins

Lloyd Cushenberry
Ceasr Ruiz
Damien Lewis

Terrell Lewis
Julian Okwara
Khaled Kareem

Having watched nearly all Pac-12 games this year, I will weigh in only on what I know:

Overrated = Austin Jackson (not a bust, just OK)

Underrated = Aiyuk (would be our #2 WR and our #1 KR by end of season)

greg23

Liked Posts:
Lucas Niang
Prince Tago Wanogo
Isaiah Wilson
Austin Jackson

Jalen Reagor
Brand Aiyuk
Denzel Mims

Cole Kmet
Harrison Bryant
Brycen Hopkins

Lloyd Cushenberry
Ceasr Ruiz
Damien Lewis

Terrell Lewis
Julian Okwara
Khaled Kareem

Ruiz and Reagor

My guess is neither is available at 43

Pass on the TE as hopefully we've signed somebody and there are likely much higher rated prospects at other positions (ol/wr/db)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
C. Kmet TE
I. Wilson OT
K. Hamler WR
Y. Gross-Matos Edge

YGM probably will not be there, but I'd like to see him in a Bears uni in the second...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lucas Niang
Prince Tago Wanogo
Isaiah Wilson
Austin Jackson

Jalen Reagor
Brand Aiyuk
Denzel Mims

Cole Kmet
Harrison Bryant
Brycen Hopkins

Lloyd Cushenberry
Ceasr Ruiz
Damien Lewis

Terrell Lewis
Julian Okwara
Khaled Kareem

Kareem is not a pass rusher. He's a well rounded player but he wouldn't bring anything to the table that already isnt on the team. He occasionally gets to the QB