Give me five you're going to focus on Thursday night

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Anyone actually expecting any real meaningful snaps from Trubisky is going to be severely disappointed. Even in the third game he’ll get minimal opportunities for real plays.

Preseason is for rookies and fringe players. That’s it.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, vanilla playcalling has nothing to do with whether or not he can accurately throw a football to his intended target.
Mahomes week 1 preseason last year
108/09 HOUL 10-17115771.4334.7001581.2
Not that it means anything but he wasnt exactly lighting it up in the offseason. Then went on a rampage once the season started.
source.gif

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I look forward to the hand wringing and overreactions that are sure to follow the first preseason game here. We all know it's gonna happen. At least commenting on knee jerk hot takes will keep things semi-entertaining around here until the regular season starts. If there is any silver lining.
I've got my hot takes locked and loaded. God I hope Trubisky plays even just 1 series, I'm ready to stir some shit up.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I remember last year the bears second string team beat the shit out of the Chiefs and they kept their offense in until they scored. Mahomes looked like poop and I thought he was going to be a turnover machine.

Lol oops

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's an indictment of our school system that post #42 doesn't have 45 likes right now.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
1) The WR position group with special focus on Wims, Ridley, and Hall.

2) Joel I(don't know how to spell his last name)

3) Kickers obviously

4) Running back group minus Cohen

5) Offensive line depth

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
1) The WR position group with special focus on Wims, Ridley, and Hall.

2) Joel I(don't know how to spell his last name)

3) Kickers obviously

4) Running back group minus Cohen

5) Offensive line depth
With no starters from either team playing more then a few snaps we really don't get to see how the young guys do against real NFL players.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky
Montgomery
Kickers
The new TEs vs Shaheen
Looking for 4th OLB

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
With no starters from either team playing more then a few snaps we really don't get to see how the young guys do against real NFL players.
Yeah this was sort of why I was focusing on groups of positions. It's unclear how the staff views Ridley and Wims. I would expect them to get a lot of time with the 2s, with Robinson, Patterson, Gabriel, and Miller being used sparingly.

With the RB group I don't know what to expect at all. Cohen won't play much. But will Montgomery or Davis? What does Whyte look like? Has Nall taken more steps?

And the rest are sort of self explanatory

baredown

Liked Posts:
I’ll be focusing on Ridley, Shelley, Whyte, & Denmark for special teams contributions. Pace tends to hang on to his draft choices, at least until they’ve had ample opportunity to show they can’t play at the NFL level. Montgomery is already penciled in as a starter, so he’s not going to be on special teams. The rest of this year's draft class have a significantly higher probability of sticking on the regular season 53 than all those UDFAs, providing they can play on special teams. So, I'll be watching for that...

And 'yeah' I know, Ridley's had a hammy and Whyte has been nicked up too. But if they dress, I'll be looking for them on special teams. These early preseason games tend to have stagnant offenses & lots of special teams play.

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Be a good find if the undrafted golden domer is an NFL caliber OLineman. He was projected a 4th rnd pick but had a knee.

Hopefully someone can show up as an actual TE.

WR will be interesting to watch, seems that position is stacked.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
1. Tight Ends - I'm done with Shaheen and I'm nervous about who is behind Trey Burton, especially since he seems to have small re-occurring injuries.

2. RBs - Montgomery - He looked a tad slow on college tape to me and I'm curious to see him live and if the speed shows up or not. I also, think alot of people are sleeping on Mike Davis. He looked good in limited snaps in Seattle and I bet he averages 4.5+ ypc in the carries he is given.

3. CBs - Duke Shelley and Buster Skrines should be interesting to watch. Alos really liked Stephen Denmark's tape. I wonder who will be in the slot and who will be the 3rd guy outside.

4. Kicker - I actually anticipate us to pick up another kicker from someone else. I will be on the lookout to see which backups perform well across the league.

5. Wide Receiver - I really want to see if Wims emerges himself as a consistent target on the offense. So many weapons at receiver it will be interesting to see who gets Joshua Bellamy's touches and who rounds out the 53 man roster.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I look forward to the hand wringing and overreactions that are sure to follow the first preseason game here. We all know it's gonna happen. At least commenting on knee jerk hot takes will keep things semi-entertaining around here until the regular season starts. If there is any silver lining.
Can you imagine if Mitch throws an interception on the first pass play?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can you imagine if Mitch throws an interception on the first pass play?
Yes. Yes I can...absolute zoo here if that happens.

LeSueur

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Toronto Raptors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ottawa Senators
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just playing favourites mostly:

1. Isaiah Irving
2. Roy Robertson-Harris
3. Javon Wims