Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Preseason is the time to see what young guys have improved and get a take on the rookies. What 5 guys intrigue you?

1. Duke Shelley - He has the physical traits to replace Callahan and I'm sure Skrine is going to get every benefit of the doubt but this guy has really caught the eye of the beat guys.

2. Joel Iyiegbuniwe - He played primarily special teams last season but there have been reports he looks excellent in pass rush drills this year and is displaying his unique athleticism. Will he be a viable option in 2020 if Pace does not re-sign Trevathan?

3. Javon Wims - This guy looks like he's ready to breakout. He's done well with every chance he's been given.

4. Bilal Nichols - I don't think he'll play much because it's been reported he's most likely a starter but I want to see how he looks coming off a full off-season to train with a NFL strength coach.

5. The Kickers - For obvious reasons

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
For the entire preseason these seem tointerest me most:
Montgomery
Trubisky
Kickers
Nickel Back
Roquan- Looking for him to take a leap to be an Urlacher-esque leader of the D.

First game will feature little MT and RS so sub in 3/4 TE and Nall and 5/6 WR battles

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also want to see the new TE's to see if any of them step up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kickers, backup WRs, Iggy, new CBs. What BaBa said.

Less concerned about starters in these games.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Since we'll see at least a full half of players fighting for roster spots, I'm going to pick 5 I have hope for making the back end of the 53 or the practice squad.

1. John Franklin III. Fastest guy on the team. Apparently had a pretty good, competitive camp. Highest upside of the guys fighting for the 6th CB spot behind Fuller, Prince, Toliver, Skrine, and Shelley. Also a potential gunner.

2. Ian Bunting. Appears to be a strong candidate for a TE spot. I don't have a ton of faith in the Sowell switch and Braunecker's just a guy. Be real nice if one of the UDFA TEs can take a spot and hedge against Shaheen continuing to fail.

3. Ryan Nall. Another interesting guy that's had a strong camp. Figured he'd be at the end of the 53 until they drafted Kerrith Whyte. But still has a shot to make this team as a special teamer, RB, and potential to play some H-back/TE.

4. Thomas Ives. Has had a good camp by all accounts. I keep hearing his name. Seeing how he shows up on gameday. Potential practice squad guy at a loaded position.

5. Josh Woods. Most notably got roasted by Tarik Cohen last night in practice, but that will happen to the entire league. Had as good of coverage as you can expect that far down the field on a speedster RB. Kwiatkoski doesn't really offer a ton, so if the more athletic, Woods can show he can play ILB and special teams, he could make Kwit expendable and save the team almost 2 mil.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna focus on the feeling in my plums because football is back for Da Bears

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since we'll see at least a full half of players fighting for roster spots, I'm going to pick 5 I have hope for making the back end of the 53 or the practice squad.

1. John Franklin III. Fastest guy on the team. Apparently had a pretty good, competitive camp. Highest upside of the guys fighting for the 6th CB spot behind Fuller, Prince, Toliver, Skrine, and Shelley. Also a potential gunner.

2. Ian Bunting. Appears to be a strong candidate for a TE spot. I don't have a ton of faith in the Sowell switch and Braunecker's just a guy. Be real nice if one of the UDFA TEs can take a spot and hedge against Shaheen continuing to fail.

3. Ryan Nall. Another interesting guy that's had a strong camp. Figured he'd be at the end of the 53 until they drafted Kerrith Whyte. But still has a shot to make this team as a special teamer, RB, and potential to play some H-back/TE.

4. Thomas Ives. Has had a good camp by all accounts. I keep hearing his name. Seeing how he shows up on gameday. Potential practice squad guy at a loaded position.

5. Josh Woods. Most notably got roasted by Tarik Cohen last night in practice, but that will happen to the entire league. Had as good of coverage as you can expect that far down the field on a speedster RB. Kwiatkoski doesn't really offer a ton, so if the more athletic, Woods can show he can play ILB and special teams, he could make Kwit expendable and save the team almost 2 mil.

Replace Nall with either Ridley or Wims or both and this is my list. Despite the Family Night Highlight Reel, I still like Woods as my Dark Horse to make the 53.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Is Ridley playing, or is he still hurt?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
1. Avril laShaheen
2. Havon Wims
3. Iggyazalea
4. Eddie and Frye
5. Tyler Bray, I’d like to see him knock off Chase Daniels

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
1. Trubisky
2. David Montgomery
3. Will we have a TE this year?
4. Roquan progressing to the next level.
5. Javon Wims has got my attention because of two solid preseasons now. (I think he deserves a shot to be more of a focus.)

I left off the kickers because I think either way, Pineiro or Fry, we will be much better off at kicker this year without having to give Robbie Gould an insane amount of money.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1. Trubisky
2. David Montgomery
3. Will we have a TE this year?
4. Roquan progressing to the next level.
5. Javon Wims has got my attention because of two solid preseasons now. (I think he deserves a shot to be more of a focus.)

I left off the kickers because I think either way, Pineiro or Fry, we will be much better off at kicker this year without having to give Robbie Gould an insane amount of money.
Trubisky is certainly near the top of most Bears fans list in terms of questions. How deep we go is largely predicated on if he can take the next step. That said, I don't think the preseason will be a good measuring stick due to limited snaps and vanilla playcalling. Maybe week 3, but even then not so much.

napo55

Liked Posts:
1. Marvin Hall. The fastest guy on the team who has been making some big plays. His speed could open up the field if he has the necessary WR skills.
2. David Montgomery. Will his college play translate to the pros? Everybody seems to think so.
3. Ryan Nall. Had an outstanding preseason last year. If he averages 7 ypc again, how can they overlook him?
4. Alex Bars. If he is healthy and shows well, could be a key backup at OG.
5. Pineiro and Fry. It's getting really interesting.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not worried about Ridley. I believe he can play whenever he gets healthy.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is certainly near the top of most Bears fans list in terms of questions. How deep we go is largely predicated on if he can take the next step. That said, I don't think the preseason will be a good measuring stick due to limited snaps and vanilla playcalling. Maybe week 3, but even then not so much.

To me, vanilla playcalling has nothing to do with whether or not he can accurately throw a football to his intended target.