Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or if you prefer old school.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes and I am saying that is stupid given FA isnt over and the draft hasnt happened yet. It is also stupid because it presumes improvement just comes from FAs.

1. If Mooney takes another step that is improvement.
<snip>
On a bit of a tangent, Mooney looks like he could be dangerous. From the perspective of this former (non NFL obviously) receiver, take a look at the below highlight.

1. Look at all these little micro-jukes in the middle of the route stem
  2. Look at how fast he's in and out of his breaks; he barely slows down
  3. Look at how light he is on his feet

Nelly

Liked Posts:
<snip>
On a bit of a tangent, Mooney looks like he could be dangerous. From the perspective of this former (non NFL obviously) receiver, take a look at the below highlight.

1. Look at all these little micro-jukes in the middle of the route stem
  2. Look at how fast he's in and out of his breaks; he barely slows down
  3. Look at how light he is on his feet
Mooney sees that cash being handed out and wants to get his.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah if I were the Bears, I would probably try and see if I can lock Money up now for like 12-15m per year as if he takes another step he is going to be in 20m+ a year category.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah if I were the Bears, I would probably try and see if I can lock Money up now for like 12-15m per year as if he takes another step he is going to be in 20m+ a year category.
Man that’s a rough pill to swallow paying Mooney 15 mil a year. Guess kind of no choice since he’s the only wr we have with a heart beat

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Man that’s a rough pill to swallow paying Mooney 15 mil a year. Guess kind of no choice since he’s the only wr we have with a heart beat
That's cheaper than Christian Kirk, and I'd rather have Mooney over Kirk. :)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

But it is not just the Jags. Mooney is a 1k WR and ascending. What do you think those guys get in this day and age? If you think he has say 1200 yard potential going forward then you better sign him now. If you think he is more of a complementary piece then fine you let him walk after 2023.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
But it is not just the Jags. Mooney is a 1k WR and ascending. What do you think those guys get in this day and age? If you think he has say 1200 yard potential going forward then you better sign him now. If you think he is more of a complementary piece then fine you let him walk after 2023.
So if you’re Mooney do you take 15 now or say f it I can prob get 20 in two years once I get to free agency

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So if you’re Mooney do you take 15 now or say f it I can prob get 20 in two years once I get to free agency

Given he is smallish for a WR and thus more likely to get injured, I would be inclined to take it now. There is also the case that 2 years is a long time and money in hand now is worth more than possible money 2 years from now.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL. I think it's funny how many on here blindly trust Poles as if he is some veteran GM who has already proven himself. He is a practice squad OLineman who washed up as a scout and all of a sudden is a GM. Who knows if he really knows what he is doing? He has to prove it through actions.

And, you can say I'm bitter about Ryan Pace, whatever. But at the end of the day I'm a homer with a good amount of meatball in me. I want the Bears to succeed. I hold on to hope that every move the Bears make works out. With that said, I can't get on board with the overall decision making process from Bears management since Poles was hired.

To me it demonstrates unpreparedness, sloppiness, and amateurish. I hope I'm wrong. And if there is any reason to give me hope, trust me, I would cling to it. But in multiple instances, I've been underwhelmed. I just hope we didn't hire some amateur who is in over his head. And if we did, I want to get in front of it before we ruin the one optimistic piece of this organization - Justin Fields
Who blindly trusts him? Not me. Its more of giving someone a chance to fail, rather than still riding the jock of a known trash GM who set the Bears back a decade. The fact that you are still dying on this hill is hilarious. Who cares if Poles was a practice squad OL? What did Ryan Pace accomplish in the NFL as a player? I'm using google right now and here's what i found about Ryan Pace
1648825438358.png
hahahahaha

Oh, you're a big Bears homer and meatball but only when its the white GM with the nice haircut who failed over and over and over again. He left Poles in a shit situation and you're already out on him.

Keep playing your game, we all know whats happening here. Some homer you are...

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Who blindly trusts him? Not me. Its more of giving someone a chance to fail, rather than still riding the jock of a known trash GM who set the Bears back a decade. The fact that you are still dying on this hill is hilarious. Who cares if Poles was a practice squad OL? What did Ryan Pace accomplish in the NFL as a player? I'm using google right now and here's what i found about Ryan Pace
View attachment 18548
hahahahaha

Oh, you're a big Bears homer and meatball but only when its the white GM with the nice haircut who failed over and over and over again. He left Poles in a shit situation and you're already out on him.

Keep playing your game, we all know whats happening here. Some homer you are...
It should be a rule that when anyone on this board insinuates racism as a point of argument that they simply have no more legitimate points to make. By default anything else they have to say is considered nonsense.

Poles is not in a "shit" situation. He has ton of cap space. A great core of young players. A nice young QB prospect. It's a misconception that so many on here are choosing to make up. It as if you all are trying desperately to build in excuses for Poles underwhelming start.

It's one thing to be patient with Poles, but that's not what us happening. Instead, fans are trying to make out the situation to be far worse than it is by trying to "shit" on Pace as much as they possibly can. It's as if there is nothing positive to say about Poles, so the only thing that makes fans feel better is to disillusion themselves.

I'm not out on Poles. I understand there is only a limited number of decisions I can grade him on. The overall picture is still 99% incomplete. I'm just noting that the 1% so far is underwhelming.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It should be a rule that when anyone on this board insinuates racism as a point of argument that they simply have no more legitimate points to make. By default anything else they have to say is considered nonsense.

Poles is not in a "shit" situation. He has ton of cap space. A great core of young players. A nice young QB prospect. It's a misconception that so many on here are choosing to make on.
Amen.

And if Fields is the real McCoy - many posters are claiming "they can see it already" - then it's definitely not a shit situation. Having a star qb on a rookie contract is a huge advantage.

Great points.