Give me the numbers you think other QB's would have put up here last year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
am not talking about pressure with my last post. Am comparing the night and day difference in the offense once Watson went down that year. Savage was a veteran who had been in that same system for years. Watson was a rookie. Soon as Savage took over, the offense went down the shitter. Savage still had Lamar Miller to hand the ball off to. Still had Hopkins to throw too yet none of that mattered (Mitch will be in same boat)

That is separate and quite frankly not all that compelling because Savage was never a QB good enough to be a starter. We don't know for example what would have happened if the replacement was actually a good QB. It is pretty obvious that most teams would struggle if a shitty backup replaces an actual good QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson was pressured because he hung on to the ball a little longer...on average he had about .4 seconds more to throw the ball on every dropback....

Even if true that still doesn't change the fact he was also better at dealing with pressure than Trubs.

Also, we don't actually know if the pressure was the result of holding the ball longer or if he got pressured but did a better job of evading it thus allowing him to hold the ball longer.

But again, that is ultimately irrelevant to my point as regardless of the reasons for the pressure, Watson still faced pressure more than Trubs and still was far more successful dealing with it in both 2018 and 2019.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Great lets argue shit that can't be proven. Excellent.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
That is separate and quite frankly not all that compelling because Savage was never a QB good enough to be a starter. We don't know for example what would have happened if the replacement was actually a good QB. It is pretty obvious that most teams would struggle if a shitty backup replaces an actual good QB.

It's for the mitch lovers who think he'll automatically be a stud with a new Tight End.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's for the mitch lovers who think he'll automatically be a stud with a new Tight End.

Some of us aren't retards and understand how hard it is to have a good passing attack when a team plays nickel/dime against you nearly every down and can stop the run(not just stop it but negate it completely) with 4 down linemen.

Pair that with the fact you have only 1 real receiving option....

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
No shit dum dum. Hard to make excuses for someone who's not on the team in year 5.

He may not even be in the league.

Kevin White ex NFL'er
Shaheen ex NFL'er
Trubisky TBD

WOW 3 POTENTIALLY HUGE WHIFFS. 14 seasons = 2 playoffs

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great lets argue shit that can't be proven. Excellent.

You were arguing it earlier in this thread though. Now you don't want to argue it when data is presented.

Let me ask you a simple question since you like to say you watch the games.

Do you think Trubs reads defenses as well as Watson and Mahomes?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if true that still doesn't change the fact he was also better at dealing with pressure than Trubs.

Also, we don't actually know if the pressure was the result of holding the ball longer or if he got pressured but did a better job of evading it thus allowing him to hold the ball longer.

But again, that is ultimately irrelevant to my point as regardless of the reasons for the pressure, Watson still faced pressure more than Trubs and still was far more successful dealing with it in both 2018 and 2019.

I never argued to the contrary about performance vs pressure.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You were arguing it earlier in this thread though. Now you don't want to argue it when data is presented.

Let me ask you a simple question since you like to say you watch the games.

Do you think Trubs reads defenses as well as Watson and Mahomes?

No. I also don't think Mitch is nearly as bad as everyone thinks he is.

I also think Watson would be much worse in the bears offense last year.

I don't think mahomes would be because his arm is elite.

I dont think many of you know just how hard it is to get a downfield passing game when you have zero threat of the run game and a team plays nickel/dime non stop.

Literally the ONLY way to beat that is to have an elite arm that can make every throw. There are like 3-4 of those qb's in the NFL. Sure watson would outperform mitch, but the meatballs on here who think that changing from Mitch to like Dalton would be the difference in us winning is just stupid.

Get a run game, get a playoff seed. Pretty fucking simple.

If we don't have a run game in 2020 it won't matter what QB we pick up in FA because everyone will be gone by 2021.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Bears make it to the Superbowl in 2018 with Watson...easily

Aside from one pass vs the Eagles, Mitch was bad the whole game. never should have come down to a Parkey kick

Absolute FAIL!!!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears make it to the Superbowl in 2018 with Watson...easily

Aside from one pass vs the Eagles, Mitch was bad the whole game. never should have come down to a Parkey kick

Absolute FAIL!!!

You do realize watson choked hard in his one playoff game in 2018....right?

Once again, we're all talking about shit none of us know.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Before the injury mitch had the same exact stats as watson in 2018.

Mitch's 2018 stats are very similar to Jimmy G's 2019 stats.

Get a run game, and magically start seeing all those bracketed WR's become open again. Mitch is not good enough to beat a NFL defense that plays 6 guys in the box.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Before the injury mitch had the same exact stats as watson in 2018.

Mitch's 2018 stats are very similar to Jimmy G's 2019 stats.

Get a run game, and magically start seeing all those bracketed WR's become open again. Mitch is not good enough to beat an NFL defense that plays 6 guys in the box.

Year 4
Contract year

No More Excuses

msadows

Liked Posts:
Is it more difficult to throw against an 8 man box or a 6 man box.

IDK if you'll know the answer because your football IQ is pretty lacking, kinda like WCBF. Shit, you might be his alt tbqh.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The most laughable post I've seen in my short time here is when WCBF tried to convince us all that we couldnt run the ball because of Mitch.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Is it more difficult to throw against an 8 man box or a 6 man box.

IDK if you'll know the answer because your football IQ is pretty lacking, kinda like WCBF. Shit, you might be his alt tbqh.

Hard to sugarcoat 11 of 16 games without a 1st half TD but you are managing to do it. WOW!!