Given the opportunity - would you draft Joe Burrow OR another position of need for the BEARS?

What would you rather draft?

• Joseph Burrow

• OL, CB, TE, etc

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It has come to my attention that we have people on this board who believe the Bears should round out the entire roster before looking for a franchise guy. Below is some commentary of what just happened and I'm a bit in disbelief here. So, given the opportunity would you draft Joe Burrow over another pressing need (OL, CB, TE, etc)???

So you're saying the Bengals should pass up on Joe Burrow because they have other needs? That is the logic you are going with here?

I dont know what other issues the Bengals have so I cant comment..But I DO see what issues the Bears have...And to stick a franchise QB, like Burrows for instance, with all the issues the Bears have would be putting the cart before the horse, and only wind up ruining Burrows, frustrating fans, and wouldn't fix the problem..

CC: @BearsBud

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Let's make this clear, the Bears do not have enough draft capital to get Joe Burrow so while I voted, it is not feasible that we will be"given the opportunity"

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's make this clear, the Bears do not have enough draft capital to get Joe Burrow so while I voted, it is not feasible that we will be"given the opportunity"
I agree, it's a hypothetical.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Youre right..I wouldnt draft him for the Bears..Other teams, I cant comment on..But The Bears have bigger and more pressing problems to deal with

Like getting TEs who dont get injured and OL that makes the pro bowl lol. Until then, who cares about QB lmfao

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If there's a QB available that you believe is a franchise changer, then you don't pass on the opportunity to draft the QB, literally regardless of any other factor. Its how every team and every GM operates.

FFS, its the most important position in all of sports. YOU. DRAFT. THE. QB.

This question sucks.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Bears would if drafted Rodgers he would if be a bust so go otherwise.

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe Burrow looks incredible. Looks like a can't lose type pick, who is going to lose on the Bengals :)

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Setting aside that Bears don't have a chance at Burrow, and that he isn't a "lock" at being a franchise QB anyway: if you have a chance to draft a franchise QB you do it, full stop. You have years to build around him, but getting a top 5 QB in the NFL is so difficult, if you can get that step done you do it. That's always the strategically correct decision.

On a side note, if you spend your time arguing with forum idiots, don't be surprised when you see stupid shit posted. I probably belong in that group too, so I can safely say there are a bunch of barely functional idiots who have strong opinions on shit they don't know or understand. You seem to have met one of the louder ones.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If there's a QB available that you believe is a franchise changer, then you don't pass on the opportunity to draft the QB, literally regardless of any other factor. Its how every team and every GM operates.

FFS, its the most important position in all of sports. YOU. DRAFT. THE. QB.

This question sucks.
Yeah, well not according to @BearsBud!!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Setting aside that Bears don't have a chance at Burrow, and that he isn't a "lock" at being a franchise QB anyway: if you have a chance to draft a franchise QB you do it, full stop. You have years to build around him, but getting a top 5 QB in the NFL is so difficult, if you can get that step done you do it. That's always the strategically correct decision.

On a side note, if you spend your time arguing with forum idiots, don't be surprised when you see stupid shit posted. I probably belong in that group too, so I can safely say there are a bunch of barely functional idiots who have strong opinions on shit they don't know or understand. You seem to have met one of the louder ones.
Nice post. I just wanted to point out the idiocy that was occurring.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was gonna come here and say “So tHe bEaRs cAn rUiN HiM?” But good to see we’re already mocking BearsBud and the earmuff mafia retards.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't think you draft a HOF worthy quarterback until positions like K, TE, OT, OG, WR, DE, DT, CB and S are solidified.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
I don’t think he’s in that group of Manning/Ryan/Luck/Newton where you’re basically guaranteed franchise-saving, pro-bowl level QB… but I think he’s near the top of that next tier of 1st Overall QB prospects like Stafford and Goff, so you’d be crazy not to take him. Even in the college game, it’s kind of insane how often he makes the right decision and puts the ball on the money.

Only the Chiefs, Ravens, Seahawks, and Texans wouldn’t hesitate about passing on him. Eagles and 49ers would ultimately trade the pick for a haul, but there'd be a healthy debate.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
No quarterback can play behind this line. It would be pointless and he'd get killed.

You take LT first. That's how you start a franchise.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think you draft a HOF worthy quarterback until positions like K, TE, OT, OG, WR, DE, DT, CB and S are solidified.
AevgXrOg.jpg

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft Joe Burrow.....I think he has the accuracy to chuck it to the sidelines with the best of them...