Glennon better than Hoyer?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Where is this false narrative coming from?

My guess its what you all are telling yourselves to stomach this move.

Let's see the stats and reasons Glennon is better and has upside over Hoyer.

I see the same caliber of player in both guys

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

Hoyer is better than Glennon. Both aren't very good QBs

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Glennon has a better arm and longer neck. Hoyer has better football mindset. Its a wash.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

4,100 yards. 30 TDS 15 INTs On an atrocious team. A team that was even worse than Chicago has been lately. If anyone believes Hoyer is capable of this, come see me. I have some ultra shitty stocks Im willing to sell at astronomical prices.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let me know when Hoyer scores or hits somebody 20 yards downfield. I honestly prefer Cutler.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
4,100 yards. 30 TDS 15 INTs On an atrocious team. A team that was even worse than Chicago has been lately. If anyone believes Hoyer is capable of this, come see me. I have some ultra shitty stocks Im willing to sell at astronomical prices.

Would be curious to see Hoyer stats as well

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Glennon never threw 4 picks in a 30-0 embarrassment playoff game.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
Also sounds like Hoyer is going to the 49ers

I just don't get the hard on for Glennon by Pace.

Why over pay for a qb who hasn't played in 2 years? Makes no sense

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

you just gave Glennon stats for the last 20 games he played... if you look at Hoyers last 17 games his stat line would be
4051 yards 25 TDS 7 INTs

zabavka

Liked Posts:
you just gave Glennon stats for the last 20 games he played... if you look at Hoyers last 17 games his stat line would be
4051 yards 25 TDS 7 INTs

Lol next reason he's so much better?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Would be curious to see Hoyer stats as well

I would assume you know how to use the internet. Listen, Glennon may turn out to be Hoyer part two but the bears know exactly what they had with Hoyer. They can gamble on another Bridge QB who may turn out to be better in the long run.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hold on Bears. Romo will be released tomorrow. Anyone but Glennon.

As much as I really don't want Romo I would be so happy to hear the Bears signed him after all these Glennon rumors.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
4051 yards 25 TDS 7 INTs

That's fantastic. Now compare there Rookie and 2nd year numbers. Glennon was a Rookie/2nd year guy not some veteran journeyman.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
The difference is Glennon did all of that as a rookie on a shit team in a toxic environment, and then in his second year with an even shittier team led by Lovie Smith. Hoyer is what he is at this point: severe game manager, check down master, too scared to whip it downfield, etc.

Glennon has been able to sit back and learn and continue developing and is more than likely much better than what he was early in his career. Couple that with better talent around him, and the right system, he may actually turn out to be pretty solid. With the money he'll be getting, it's still low risk.

Bears have done their homework, they wouldn't be paying him a significant amount if they didn't believe he'd at least be better than Hoyer and near Cutler's level.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The difference is Glennon did all of that as a rookie on a shit team in a toxic environment, and then in his second year with an even shittier team led by Lovie Smith. Hoyer is what he is at this point: severe game manager, check down master, too scared to whip it downfield, etc.

Glennon has been able to sit back and learn and continue developing and is more than likely much better than what he was early in his career. Couple that with better talent around him, and the right system, he may actually turn out to be pretty solid. With the money he'll be getting, it's still low risk.

Bears have done their homework, they wouldn't be paying him a significant amount if they didn't believe he'd at least be better than Hoyer and near Cutler's level.
Pace is good friends with Jason Licht TBs GM. He knows what he's getting.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Glennon has never had back to back 300 yard games. Hoyer did this 4 times just last season.

Yeah and how many points did we score in those games? Damn Hoyer must have carved up those defenses!!

Listen, as a young starter, they don't throw everything from the playbook out at them. Most rookie QB's come in and don't get a whole lot asked of them. Brady, Rivers, Flacco, etc. were all game managing QB's early on in their careers. As they developed and got better, the playcalling opened up for them.

Glennon was eased in as a rookie, and in his second year he didn't even have a real OC calling plays for him. I mean wtf do people expect out of him; ok he didn't have an elite rookie season, and didn't tear it up for 5 games in his second year. Given the circumstances, he's been pretty solid.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
Already a big crop of apologists forming for Glennon and he hasn't even been signed or played a snap yet

This team is doomed to mediocrity