GMFB: Matt Nagy Has Honest Expectation For Bears Offense in 2021

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
"You can't live in the past. And that's not what we're gonna do, I refuse to let that happen... This is a new season and we have a fresh start so let's see what we can do with it.." -- Matt Nagy

Yes, lets see…

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm stuck on the offense suddenly getting better when he stopped calling plays and then him stubbornly taking it back. Dude, you're not a good play caller...let it go...he won't let it go because he's a control freak

The only time the offense looked good was vs bad defenses. The offense would’ve looked good no matter who was calling the plays. Not saying Nagy did a great job calling plays but bad defenses were the reason the offense looked improved.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Nagy has cited the can’t live in the past mantra for the 3rd season in a row now.
The first time because it would be hard to repeat what the defense did that year. The other two in hopes that people forget how crappy he and the offense were.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first time because it would be hard to repeat what the defense did that year. The other two in hopes that people forget how crappy he and the offense were.
Careful now you’re going to upset the Nagy ball ticks

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Careful now you’re going to upset the Nagy ball ticks
At least Nagy has a reason for why he says what he says in his pressers. You guys, on the other hand, have no purpose. Maybe you think it makes you look cool…

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The only time the offense looked good was vs bad defenses. The offense would’ve looked good no matter who was calling the plays. Not saying Nagy did a great job calling plays but bad defenses were the reason the offense looked improved.

Is that right? You mean like the time Nagy was calling plays against that bad Minnesota D in Chicago and they lost????

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At least Nagy has a reason for why he says what he says in his pressers. You guys, on the other hand, have no purpose. Maybe you think it makes you look cool…
Nagy's sequencing is still questionable. Just once, I'd like to see 2 end arounds followed by something that looked like it was going to be, for long toss etc. I could then accept the 'I know what's coming' personnel packages. Play calling at the end of 1/2s with clock in mind was poor. Staying with game plans that aren't working like in the 2018 playoff game etc has cost us more than once.

The plays are good and he's fine as HC but he still has a way to go when in the moment and needing adjustment on the fly.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
You think Nagy pulls the we can't live in the past line at the end of each season on teddy and mccaskey to keep his job?

"Matt Nagy is a true Visionary... and we know that we're just too old to understand how far in the future his brain works." -- Bears Mgt.

Last edited:

bufordht

Liked Posts:

Nah. The offense scored more than a Nagy led offense had ever scored. Sure maybe the offense puts up more points than usual against those teams if Nagy calls the plays. But when Lazor took over the offense looked better and scored more than it ever has under Nagy.

And that's sad, because it's not like Bill is some kind of offensive prodigy. He's just a guy.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that right? You mean like the time Nagy was calling plays against that bad Minnesota D in Chicago and they lost????
Smh, really? Vikings defense is way better then the 32nd ranked Texans defense.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Smh, really? Vikings defense is way better then the 32nd ranked Texans defense.
The 2020 Vikings defense was awful. Not sure how you can't know that. Way better is a ridiculous statement. Slightly better.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
"You can't live in the past. And that's not what we're gonna do, I refuse to let that happen... This is a new season and we have a fresh start so let's see what we can do with it.." -- Matt Nagy
That is what people who have failed say....Imagine if we had gone to the Superbowl or even won it in 2018, he would be saying we want to get back to that level of play....

Additionally those that do not learn from the past are bound to repeat it. Are we going to see more Nagy ignoring the run game, calling poor play selection, poor clock management, poor situational awareness, but the offense improve because of QB play? That is not the way to have sustained success in the NFL.

There will be some games where the COACHING needs to win the game, because the other team is simply more talented.

I HOPE, that Trubisky was the reason Nagy was so inconsistent, but there is just a little too much evidence to the contrary.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I HOPE, that Trubisky was the reason Nagy was so inconsistent, but there is just a little too much evidence to the contrary.
I would like to see Nagy get to open up his playbook with a QB who has the talent and ability to execute it before I come to that conclusion. It may well be that Nagy still sucks regardless, but I don't know that yet. I do know that he was severely handicapped by Trubisky's limitations.

I mainly disregard Foles due to the fact that A) he doesn't have the athleticism to do it all, B) he came in as a backup and didn't have a preseason as the presumed starter so had the same limited plays as Trubisky was able to handle, and C) he's sucked everywhere other than Philly.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I would like to see Nagy get to open up his playbook with a QB who has the talent and ability to execute it before I come to that conclusion. It may well be that Nagy still sucks regardless, but I don't know that yet. I do know that he was severely handicapped by Trubisky's limitations.

I mainly disregard Foles due to the fact that A) he doesn't have the athleticism to do it all, B) he came in as a backup and didn't have a preseason as the presumed starter so had the same limited plays as Trubisky was able to handle, and C) he's sucked everywhere other than Philly.
I really do want to think that Fields and Nagy will be a good combination, but I have very little hope for Dalton and Nagy to actually have any success. My prediction is that the Bear lose the first three games and Nagy will use Fields to bail out the season from there on.

I'm actually on the other side of the fence, I tend to believe that Nagy will fail Fields, and I will continue to think that until I see otherwise...

I really hope you are right, honestly!!!!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm actually on the other side of the fence, I tend to believe that Nagy will fail Fields, and I will continue to think that until I see otherwise...

I don’t care as long as they’re winning. JF is too talented, he’s going to make Nagy look much better then he actually is, in terms of running his offense. Matt Nagy is and still will be clueless in other parts of the game.

Cue the Nagy ball ticks..

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I really do want to think that Fields and Nagy will be a good combination, but I have very little hope for Dalton and Nagy to actually have any success. My prediction is that the Bear lose the first three games and Nagy will use Fields to bail out the season from there on.

This is where I’m at too. Even when recently addressing the run game he kind of deflected and said he wants the leads going into the 4th qtr that way he can run the ball in the final 4 mins. To me that’s a huge cop out. Everyone wants the lead in the 4th. However, you still need to commit to the run in the first 3. That is often times the difference between having the lead or not. I’m worried about his unwillingness and track record of going away from the run and not having a balanced attack. Happened in KC and has happened throughout his HC career.