GOATS of the week (in a bad way)

smilebit

Liked Posts:
Nagy made the right decision, he's relied on kickers before and they've not bailed him out. If he ran the clock down and relied on his kicker, like in the past, and the kicker missed then he would've lost for sure. Going for it was the right call and anyone who thinks otherwise has a really bad short term memory.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy made the right decision, he's relied on kickers before and they've not bailed him out. If he ran the clock down and relied on his kicker, like in the past, and the kicker missed then he would've lost for sure. Going for it was the right call and anyone who thinks otherwise has a really bad short term memory.

Thank you. Exactly this. Not only that, its also far better for our offense to get used to and realize that they have to be better and they have to be relied on to move the ball at critical moments. I don't give a shit if they fail spectacularly so much as they try at all to begin with. The only way this offense shifts mentality to joining the 21st century NFL is to become more aggressive in actual game situations.

msadows

Liked Posts:

This. I told my buddy this as we were watching it. Some people are too stupid to understand his rationale.

Yes, he left 90 seconds on the clock for the goat, but had santo missed the kick(which he's very capable of), people would be praising nagy for giving his offense one more shot if the defense could stop the bucs. I believe we had 2 timeouts at that point as well? So we could have gotten the ball back with some time left if they went 3 and out.

McPickle

Liked Posts:
I don’t have a big problem with it. Probably should have thrown a route with a higher completion chance though. It’s frustrating when the offense does exactly what the defense wants you to do.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It is the chicken or the egg situation again. Are you aggressive and take a shot at ending the game with the offense or do you reduce the amount of time you give to TB?

Throwing the ball to try and get another 1st down on 2nd and 9 is not stupid it is aggressive.

I know it draws a lot of criticism, but the reality is,
- We were not able to run the ball, 14 rushing attempts for 35 yards (not enough attempts and not successful when we did try).
- The common call is to defend the run is that exact situation so the defense was likely showing us a formation that tempted us to throw the ball.
- Foles completed 71% of his passes, so we were having more success throwing
- Daniels was out of the game by then, so there was nearly no chance you could run left.

I am not saying Nagy is a genius, because he is not. BUT in that situation, I think he made the right call.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the aggression, I don't like the play call. I would have liked to have seen something over the middle, slant, drag whatever to keep the ball in bounds and be more of a high percentage pass.

I don't think you can blame him, the flip side of that the pass is complete, new set of downs etc. I'd much rather lose because our coach was over aggressive than lose because we went limp.

Bort

Liked Posts:

Thank you.

All of these dipshit commentators don't seem to understand that in aggregate a 42 yard field goal attempt from an NFL kicker is a 74% probability, not 100%. Moreover, Santos is a below average kicker who was personally at only 50% success rate from 40-50 yards.

Nagy needed to make sure his team scored and took the lead before worrying about whatever Brady was going to do afterward.