Gold Star Award: Alex Bars

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Pace has pretty obviously gambled that he could plug Leno Jr. at left tackle for the better part of a decade and then ignore that position while addressing other parts of a team. In a league where teams only have seven draft picks to every year to work with and limited cap space its kind of a necessary evil.

He just got burned hard. And he also kind of fucked up re-signing Bobbie Massie when the entire football world assumed he was gone.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If I were a betting man, I'd say Pace will have an o-line next year that goes:

Whitehair-Daniels-Mustipher-Bars-Spriggs
i just caught a instant headache reading that..that would be some foul stuff right there next season. Leno needs to be replace with our first pick without a doubt.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The line did play well last night. I think the most embarrassing moment came during the player introductions when it was shown on the screen that Pro Football Focus had Charles Leno Jr. as the twenty-second best offensive tackle in the NFL. Yet people still take their ratings seriously...

Bars and Mustipher still have five more games. Of all the things left at stake for the Bears the rest of this season the development of those two is perhaps the most important for the future of the franchise.

And they'll probably play just well enough to give mgmt hope that the line is developing just fine.

Problem is all of these guys are interior guys

Daniels
Whtehair
Mustipher
Bars

Would be a nice interior rotation but don't think that's a good enough group with nothing at tackle and usually no elite tackles available in fa.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
And they'll probably play just well enough to give mgmt hope that the line is developing just fine.

Problem is all of these guys are interior guys

Daniels
Whtehair
Mustipher
Bars

Would be a nice interior rotation but don't think that's a good enough group with nothing at tackle and usually no elite tackles available in fa.
If we can exit the season feeling like the roster condition of the Bears interior offensive linemen is acceptable for 2021-22 then that is a huge win in my book.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know that doom & gloom is the theme of the day, but if you want some good news...I am becoming a fan of Alex Bars. He has made three consecutive starts at three different positions along the interior line.

He went from clearly overwhelmed at Center, to serviceable at LG, to making Germain Ifedi expendable at RG. I know everyone has been running on the Pack, but the combo of Whitehair/Mustipher/Bars worked far better than anything I have seen since Daniels went down. There were real holes for Montgomery last night! That would have been really exciting if the defense did not give up three scores in thirty seconds.

It's definitely not the top story with the team, but Alex Bars is quietly taking the RG job. Quietly because they have yet to flag him. Keep Bars in the starting line up to get some reps at one spot and maybe the Bears get out of the thirties in rushing attack before the season is over.

Get Daniels back and the interior OL could be a lot better next year so you can focus on replacing these awful tackles.
This is why I always object to posts that say we need to draft a G in the early rounds. LT very much so and probably only in 1 but Gs can be developed and you will if you take enough guys late or as UDFAs. Whitehair doesn't fit the NFL profile but when Daniels is back, you could try Cody at T where he excelled in college. No idea if could play there at this level but he gets it and is better with speed guys than bulls.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Mustipher could replace whitehair when his contract is up. So FA/or draft pick /daniels/whitehair/bars FA/or draft pick for now.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Don't forget the talented gems pace found this year in hambone, Simmons, the other ivy leauge dude

Young
Cheap
World beaters