CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You can always tell who the biggest liars are by what they say their golfing handicap is.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Severely arthritic hips. Arthritis is a problem in my family. Now I cant swing a club for more than a few holes.

Sorry to hear that. Joking aside, how old are you? Do you golf anymore at all? Any pointers you can give?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Sorry to hear that. Joking aside, how old are you? Do you golf anymore at all? Any pointers you can give?
I'm younger than Walter Payton would have been.

I guess I could golf 7-9 holes once a week but my whole thing in golf was playing competitive club and interclub and city tournaments. I always said that the minute I started getting worse and not improving I would quit. I'm not a hang out and just play with my buddies kind of a golfer.

My favorite myth is the old saying "drive for show and put for dough". Total bullshit. If you cant hit fairways you cant play. No one scores well from behind a tree or in some creek. So swing 90% and hit fairways. Learn draw the ball. If you slice you will never play well or enjoy the game. Finally, learn to get out of sand traps. I was crazy good in sand, as good as most professional golfers.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Omeletpants lies about everything else on here, why would he be truthful about his handicap?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm younger than Walter Payton would have been.

I guess I could golf 7-9 holes once a week but my whole thing in golf was playing competitive club and interclub and city tournaments. I always said that the minute I started getting worse and not improving I would quit. I'm not a hang out and just play with my buddies kind of a golfer.

My favorite myth is the old saying "drive for show and put for dough". Total bullshit. If you cant hit fairways you cant play. No one scores well from behind a tree or in some creek. So swing 90% and hit fairways. Learn draw the ball. If you slice you will never play well or enjoy the game. Finally, learn to get out of sand traps. I was crazy good in sand, as good as most professional golfers.

That's why I haven't golfed in years. Well, that and no $.

Sand traps are a huge issue too.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
You can always tell who the biggest liars are by what they say their golfing handicap is.

The biggest liars are people who say their height is 5'11". A person who is truly 5'11" always rounds up to 6'. So whenever someone says he is 5'11", you know he's really 5'10" and is rounding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The biggest liars are people who say their height is 5'11". A person who is truly 5'11" always rounds up to 6'. So whenever someone says he is 5'11", you know he's really 5'10" and is rounding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Very true. I used to play 36 holes a day every summer for almost a decade. A 10 was the best handicap I ever achieved, and it was the result of realizing that using a 7 iron instead of a 9 iron did not mean I wasn't manly, it meant I was smart. I lost my slice when I stopped trying to be a macho clubber. My swing improved, and I realized it was not entirely brute strength that brought distance. Find accuracy, the distance will come in time.

Arthritis did it to me also. Back. Just can't turn like I used to.