My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Very true. I used to play 36 holes a day every summer for almost a decade. A 10 was the best handicap I ever achieved, and it was the result of realizing that using a 7 iron instead of a 9 iron did not mean I wasn't manly, it meant I was smart. I lost my slice when I stopped trying to be a macho clubber. My swing improved, and I realized it was not entirely brute strength that brought distance. Find accuracy, the distance will come in time.

Arthritis did it to me also. Back. Just can't turn like I used to.
See, a guy that picked up a few of the secrets

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fisch has regressed. I thought college was when you started to grow up a bit.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Love the game... Total Addict...
Retired December 1st and wanted to get back to where I was in the 90s... started a 17 and hit 10.1 on May first.
Trying to get a part time gig a my course because it's a little blow money and you get free golf, cart and range... would be awesome... would practice and play everyday.
Omelet is right across the board... 80% is fine but I'm plenty long for my age. Smooth and Easy is about 101 MPH on the meter for me which is plenty.
The area that needs the most improvement for me is inside 70 yards... pitching and chipping is feel and it takes practice.... very confident with a full swing and traps. Can work the ball left or right...
Love it... Just love it... my goal is a 2 but that will take work. If I get the job the doors open... work 4 hours then practice and play every day... the good life.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's still finding himself.

I wish him luck.

ball-retriever-guy.jpg

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Love the game... Total Addict...
Retired December 1st and wanted to get back to where I was in the 90s... started a 17 and hit 10.1 on May first.
Trying to get a part time gig a my course because it's a little blow money and you get free golf, cart and range... would be awesome... would practice and play everyday.
Omelet is right across the board... 80% is fine but I'm plenty long for my age. Smooth and Easy is about 101 MPH on the meter for me which is plenty.
The area that needs the most improvement for me is inside 70 yards... pitching and chipping is feel and it takes practice.... very confident with a full swing and traps. Can work the ball left or right...
Love it... Just love it... my goal is a 2 but that will take work. If I get the job the doors open... work 4 hours then practice and play every day... the good life.
People should try playing a round with a 6 iron, 9 iron and putter. Bet they would drop 10 strokes. Straight and short beats long and crooked

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People should try playing a round with a 6 iron, 9 iron and putter. Bet they would drop 10 strokes. Straight and short beats long and crooked

That's not what she said.

*groan

Monster

Liked Posts:

Very true. We have a couple par 4s under four hundred and I'll hit five wood or 4 iron. I play to the hundred yard area because I'm fairly lethal from that number. I also play to center green outside 145 and let the putter do the work. My weekly money game is tomorrow. Just love the game. Nobody to blame but yourself. Great game. My hats off to the Scottish.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was born with strabismus. I had to wear an eye patch unless i wanted to go blind at three. They called me the pirate in the children's ward. You're lucky i'm not reporting this.

Anyway, i'm good at darts because it requires only one eye.

When I tried to golf, I impaled the implement in a woman's skull. She is now my wife, and alive and healthy. #blessed

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started when I was 12 and played until my mid-20s.
I have no idea what my handicap is because I never figured it out.
I used to golf 18-36 holes a day from ages 16-21. I played in a few local tournaments when I lived in Indiana and got my ass handed to me in each one.
My clubs are older than some of the posters on this board, because they were handed down to me when my dad got new clubs. My bag is a mixture of clubs and I play like Happy Gilmore.

Suck my white ass, ball.