HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where's Lance wit da golf gif when you need em.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On a serious note though. Most people make the mistake of never getting fitted for their golf clubs. Even more people still never realize that simply adding an inch or so extra to your driver's shaft length can help them pick up that extra distance they are looking for instead of swinging at the ball like a barbarian thinking they are going to crush it. You're far better off with your normal swing speed and added shaft length.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
On a serious note though. Most people make the mistake of never getting fitted for their golf clubs. Even more people still never realize that simply adding an inch or so extra to your driver's shaft length can help them pick up that extra distance they are looking for instead of swinging at the ball like a barbarian thinking they are going to crush it. You're far better off with your normal swing speed and added shaft length.
Adding an inch to a driver is not a good strategy as it would make it too heavy. Most pros play with a 44.5 or 45" driver, not 46" as you suggest. In fack when Tiger was his longest he played with a 43.5" driver

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
False, golf is boring. Unless you're with a bunch of friends and are shit-house drunk or stoned out of your gourd

In which case I'd rather be fishing.

Reactions: DC

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Adding an inch to a driver is not a good strategy as it would make it too heavy. Most pros play with a 44.5 or 45" driver, not 46" as you suggest. In fack when Tiger was his longest he played with a 43.5" driver

Did someone drop something into your Metamucil today? An extra inch on the shaft does not make even remotely much of a difference in weight. It does however increase club head travel which translates into more club head speed. I would rather do that instead of trying to put extra power behind the swing.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I was born with strabismus. I had to wear an eye patch unless i wanted to go blind at three. They called me the pirate in the children's ward. You're lucky i'm not reporting this.

Anyway, i'm good at darts because it requires only one eye.

When I tried to golf, I impaled the implement in a woman's skull. She is now my wife, and alive and healthy. #blessed

http://media.giphy.com/media/BjeiL8WnqByKY/giphy.gif

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Did someone drop something into your Metamucil today? An extra inch on the shaft does not make even remotely much of a difference in weight. It does however increase club head travel which translates into more club head speed. I would rather do that instead of trying to put extra power behind the swing.
Actually, 1 inch length equals 6 swingweight points which is significant. I have been a part time club fitter for 15 years. You're suggesting a 46" driver and I guarantee you there is not one player on the PGA tour playing with a driver that long.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My cousin that is all of 5' 4" tall out drives me because he added an inch to his driver. His driving consistency has actually improved with the added length as opposed to his prior inconsistency. All because he isn't trying to kill the ball anymore on his swing. He plays on the Golf Channel AM tour.

For the record, I have massive disdain for so called "professional instructors" because the vast majority of them are idiots forcing a swing upon you that your body is not going to be able to mimic. Every body has its own swing and its flat out idiotic to believe one person can duplicate another's swing without problems. Same thing applies to shaft length. It makes zero sense for amateurs and weekend golfers to mimic pros because guess what they aren't? Pros....

Last edited:

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Enjoy golf. Haven't been in three years. I miss it. I'd even take a par 3.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Par 3's are always fun. Its highly enjoyable to play a course with nothing but irons and wedges (and putter of course).

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Par 3's are always fun. Its highly enjoyable to play a course with nothing but irons and wedges (and putter of course).

I like them too, just seemed more casual. Inly takes an hour or two, depending.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, 1 inch length equals 6 swingweight points which is significant. I have been a part time club fitter for 15 years. You're suggesting a 46" driver and I guarantee you there is not one player on the PGA tour playing with a driver that long.

Eggcellent!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Where's Lance wit da golf gif when you need em.

May I?

golfing_level_asian-93507.gif

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
My cousin that is all of 5' 4" tall out drives me because he added an inch to his driver. His driving consistency has actually improved with the added length as opposed to his prior inconsistency. All because he isn't trying to kill the ball anymore on his swing. He plays on the Golf Channel AM tour.

For the record, I have massive disdain for so called "professional instructors" because the vast majority of them are idiots forcing a swing upon you that your body is not going to be able to mimic. Every body has its own swing and its flat out idiotic to believe one person can duplicate another's swing without problems. Same thing applies to shaft length. It makes zero sense for amateurs and weekend golfers to mimic pros because guess what they aren't? Pros....

I want to have a Fred couples swing

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Buying my daughter a set of clubs for her birthday. That way i have someone to play the short course with me, I don't have to use my driver for the next 5 years, and hopefully she can break 80 by the end of high school and gets a sweet D1 scholarship.