Golf

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
people still never realize that simply adding an inch or so extra to your driver's shaft length can help them pick up that extra distance they are looking for instead of swinging at the ball like a barbarian thinking they are going to crush it. You're far better off with your normal swing speed and added shaft length.

Adding an inch to a driver is not a good strategy as it would make it too heavy.

An extra inch on the shaft does not make even remotely much of a difference in weight. It does however increase club head travel which translates into more club head speed.

Actually, 1 inch length equals 6 swingweight points which is significant. I have been a part time club fitter for 15 years.

laugh.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LMAO that dude looks a little bit like Brettly from American Restoration.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Buying my daughter a set of clubs for her birthday. That way i have someone to play the short course with me, I don't have to use my driver for the next 5 years, and hopefully she can break 80 by the end of high school and gets a sweet D1 scholarship.
Bad girl golfers getting D1 scholarships is the biggest unknown scam in the world

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's something else I'm not that into. When I was young I fished quite a bit but I definitely grew out of it.

Guess we won't be fishbros then.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I couldnt drop the baseball swing mentality so I decided to line up my swing as if I'm hitting a baseball. Straightened out my drive pretty good.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd disagree with Ommy somewhat. Half your shots if you are a scratch golfer and more so if not are from 100 yards and in. That's the biggest stroke saver right there.

True you don't want to be driving it into the woods, but if you can keep it fairly straight off the tee and hit a mid range iron, you'd do quite well spending the time from 100 on in.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I couldnt drop the baseball swing mentality so I decided to line up my swing as if I'm hitting a baseball. Straightened out my drive pretty good.
Rotate through your shots, just like you would a baseball swing. Do that until you consistently pull the ball and then do some adjustments to rotate a little later = good bye slice.

PS - some people are giving idiotic advice on here, namely the ones that don't even fucking play.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been out for about 20 rounds already this year, but it should be closer to 30 but I took 4 weeks off due to a lower back tweak.

My best round was an 82 and my worst a 94, my putting has been my Achilles heel so far this year, however my worst round was my last round :( and my only round in the 90's this year. My confidence took a bit of a beating, but I'll be back on tee blocks tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll turn my frown upside down.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I played 36 yesterday in the blistering heat, managed and 87 and 88 despite getting into a tonne of trouble off the tee. Better luck next time I guess.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I played 36 yesterday in the blistering heat, managed and 87 and 88 despite getting into a tonne of trouble off the tee. Better luck next time I guess.

The best round of 18 in my life (never playing more than a dozen rounds in a year) was a 101 in 99 degree heat. I was dying so all I cared about was cold water and wiping the sweat from my eyes that I never really concentrated on my swing and I hit just about every fairway and green. The chipping and putting still smelled like sewer water, but I was awesome off the tee box.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Played 9 on Sunday (friends are too lazy to play 18). Then played 18 on Tuesday. Beautiful days for both. Shot a lot better on Tuesday though.