Goodbye Pace

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game sums up the Bears season and the Pace era perfectly. He built a good defense but the window in this league is tiny if you don't have a franchise QB to back it up. Pace swung and he missed when he drafted Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes and Pace can never live that mistake down.

It's time to give Pace his walking papers. This team is going nowhere in the near term and therefore a rebuild is in order. I don't trust Pace to be the one over- seeing the rebuild. He had his chance once and the Bears can't afford to waste another rebuild and 7 seasons. Time for a new vision up top.

I would let Mitch walk and trade Foles if I could. Let AR walk because he doesn't want to be here and who can blame him. Miller needs a swift kick in his ass off this organization, what a clown.

On the defensive side of the ball I would move any big contracts I could. Unfortunately we are stuck with Mack due to his contract and declining performance. Hicks is a stud but his better days are behind him and I would give him the chance to go to a contender.

Jackson got paid and he got happy. I would move him, even if just to free the space. I can't stand watching defenders who are getting paid and scared to make contact. Fuller still has some good game in him and Bears should move him while they can still get something in return.

Build the defense around Roquan. Everyone else can go, time to rebuild it. Draft should prioritize QB then OL. Any new rebuild needs to start by getting the QB spot right first. No more backwards rebuilds and no more Pace whiffing at the most important position on the team.

Southside

Liked Posts:
To make it worse, we are picking somewhere near 20th, yikes!! Pace being the GM is one of the reasons why I didnt get too excited when everyone on the net was saying that Watson could force his way out of Houston and the Bears should trade for him. Why was I not excited? Because if I'm Watson and Pace is still GM and he's making a trade for me. I would hold a grudge for getting passed over for ANOTHER QB from my same conference with 14 measly starts. That kind of crap will make a player take Chicago off of his list. The only thing to be hopeful of is Goldman coming back, man do I miss him. But who wants to come to Chicago with Pace as our GM when his legacy is Mitch Trubisky?

Sadly, they may just sacrifice Chuck Pagano and make him this year's Cody Parkey then run it back with everyone else.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace is going no where.

Nagy is going no where.

You might be lucky and mitch doesn't come back.

Enjoy 2021.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is going no where.

Nagy is going no where.

Enjoy 2021.
Well I guess I better order my Falcons jersey.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been saying this since last season.

It won’t happen.

The McCaskey’s are terrible owners.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have been saying this since last season.

It won’t happen.

The McCaskey’s are terrible owners.

It's not even that, they would have had to basically lose out or go 6-10 to have a change.

Both nagy and Pace have one year left on their deals and the team has made minimal revenue(minimal to them) this year.

I will be shocked if either are let go.

I doubt mitch is back tho.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
When people were clamoring for Mitch to come back as the starter around week 12, I said only bad things could come of it. And here we are with the #20 pick instead of probably top 10, a total embarrassment in the playoffs, and potentially keeping Nagy and Pace.

Be careful what you wish for.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not even that, they would have had to basically lose out or go 6-10 to have a change.

Both nagy and Pace have one year left on their deals and the team has made minimal revenue(minimal to them) this year.

I will be shocked if either are let go.

I doubt mitch is back tho.
Wasnt Nagys deal 5 years?

Neolithic

Liked Posts:
Wasnt Nagys deal 5 years?

I believe.

Pace should have 1 year left, and Nagy 2

Which makes for all kinds of "Just Bears" things that could or couldn't happen. ( I'd be betting on Pace and Nagy coming back, but even that is a weird spot since Pace will be in a lame duck season, and will be making all his decisions based on saving his ass. ) :/

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace is going no where.

Nagy is going no where.

Enjoy 2021.
Your beloved Mitch Trubisky and Ryan Pace did it again.

You're not a Bears fan.

msadows

Liked Posts:
When people were clamoring for Mitch to come back as the starter around week 12, I said only bad things could come of it. And here we are with the #20 pick instead of probably top 10, a total embarrassment in the playoffs, and potentially keeping Nagy and Pace.

Be careful what you wish for.

And for that we got development of our previous draft picks.

Monty, Mooney, Kmet, Whitehair, etc.

We were never losing out. 7-9 is the worst we would have done. We are not worse than the texans or jags by any stretch.

Congrats, you would have picked a few spots higher and pace would just take another bust we could complain about.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I think pace takes teds job and we get a new gm that ernie accorsi tells pace to pick. Nagy goes no where and we see the nagy timid no balls predictable offense in 2021. Bottom in scoring with alot of shotgun, 10 runs a game and some oompa loompas

msadows

Liked Posts:
I actually have some serious optimism for this offense if they can retain the services of arob and find a qb somehow(Draft/Trade).

Monty, Kmet, Mooney, Arob, cohen look like a legit group of skill position players to build around going forward.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Pace was moving up to President and we were getting the KC guy as the super duper GM guy?

Tell me where I am wrong?

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
I think Pace looks the part of a GM. Pretty sure the Fam mostly cares about that and protecting their assets aka trust funds.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
And for that we got development of our previous draft picks.

Monty, Mooney, Kmet, Whitehair, etc.

We were never losing out. 7-9 is the worst we would have done. We are not worse than the texans or jags by any stretch.

Congrats, you would have picked a few spots higher and pace would just take another bust we could complain about.
You don't think those guys would have played with Foles?
Really what are you talking about?

7-9 out of the playoffs a while ago, new GM and coach, no chance we have Trubisky back. Rebuild.

Much, much higher chance for the better outcome in that scenario.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
This game sums up the Bears season and the Pace era perfectly. He built a good defense but the window in this league is tiny if you don't have a franchise QB to back it up. Pace swung and he missed when he drafted Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes and Pace can never live that mistake down.

It's time to give Pace his walking papers. This team is going nowhere in the near term and therefore a rebuild is in order. I don't trust Pace to be the one over- seeing the rebuild. He had his chance once and the Bears can't afford to waste another rebuild and 7 seasons. Time for a new vision up top.

I would let Mitch walk and trade Foles if I could. Let AR walk because he doesn't want to be here and who can blame him. Miller needs a swift kick in his ass off this organization, what a clown.

On the defensive side of the ball I would move any big contracts I could. Unfortunately we are stuck with Mack due to his contract and declining performance. Hicks is a stud but his better days are behind him and I would give him the chance to go to a contender.

Jackson got paid and he got happy. I would move him, even if just to free the space. I can't stand watching defenders who are getting paid and scared to make contact. Fuller still has some good game in him and Bears should move him while they can still get something in return.

Build the defense around Roquan. Everyone else can go, time to rebuild it. Draft should prioritize QB then OL. Any new rebuild needs to start by getting the QB spot right first. No more backwards rebuilds and no more Pace whiffing at the most important position on the team.
Coaching staff and management are going nowhere McCaskeys don’t have a clue or balls to make the proper changes ! Bears fans are stuck with this shit !!

msadows

Liked Posts:
You don't think those guys would have played with Foles?
Really what are you talking about?

7-9 out of the playoffs a while ago, new GM and coach, no chance we have Trubisky back. Rebuild.

Much, much higher chance for the better outcome in that scenario.

Yes, I don't think that would have happened.

It took foles sucking for nagy to adjust his offense and allow lazor to call plays. It took foles sucking for him to scheme differently to his players strengths.

7-9 probably wouldnt even fire nagy pace.

It is what it is. It happened. Look at the positives now, you can't change the past. Mooney, Kmet, Monty all look like they could be very good nfl players. We still have cohen as well. There is some talent on offense at the skill positions finally. I'm happy about that.

We just need to get a qb