1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ya.

Their OF is:

Tauchman, Frazier, Judge, Hicks.

DH is Stanton

1B is Voit.

So I'm not sure why you are barking up this tree. No bone up there. Maybe 2B... ya right. lol

well, if you read the article it even lists the Yankees as a potential suitor for schwarber. But I know, everyone is crazy but you

and LOL @ thinking a 39 year old tauchman is going to keep the Yankees from signing an OF. Not to mention hicks and Frazier ain’t much either

schwarber has just about as many HR’s in his career as those 3 guys combined. 121 to 125 and in about 1500 fewer at bats too than those 3

yeah, the Yankees surely won’t have interest due to those 3 guys on the roster ?

Last edited:

Castor76

Liked Posts:
well, if you read the article it even lists the Yankees as a potential suitor for schwarber. But I know, everyone is crazy but you

and LOL @ thinking a 39 year old tauchman is going to keep the Yankees from signing an OF. Not to mention hicks and Frazier ain’t much either

schwarber has just about as many HR’s in his career as those 3 guys combined. 121 to 125 and in about 1500 fewer at bats too than those 3

yeah, the Yankees surely won’t have interest due to those 3 guys on the roster ?

Here's the question I have. If the Cubs re-signed Schwarber, are they suddenly going to get a short porch like Yankee Stadium?

No, then what's the point of discussion? I will forever love what Schwarber did in 2016. But for his career he's horrible when you want him good. He's never hit well with runner on or RISP. So he's good for solo shots. I don't care if he's hitting 35 of those a year and 10 with runners on if I can have a guy who may only give me 12 of each if he also is going to get many more hits period with RISP for much less money. You can either have the guy with a career slash line of .199/.333/.434 with RISP or the guy with a a slash of .275/.400/.503 with RISP. Even with as horrible a year as Bote had at the plate overall, when runners were on, he had .309/.392/.588.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Here's the question I have. If the Cubs re-signed Schwarber, are they suddenly going to get a short porch like Yankee Stadium?

No, then what's the point of discussion? I will forever love what Schwarber did in 2016. But for his career he's horrible when you want him good. He's never hit well with runner on or RISP. So he's good for solo shots. I don't care if he's hitting 35 of those a year and 10 with runners on if I can have a guy who may only give me 12 of each if he also is going to get many more hits period with RISP for much less money. You can either have the guy with a career slash line of .199/.333/.434 with RISP or the guy with a a slash of .275/.400/.503 with RISP. Even with as horrible a year as Bote had at the plate overall, when runners were on, he had .309/.392/.588.

i have zero issue with bote starting at 3B. I’ve actually been the biggest supporter of giving the 3B job to bote that I’ve seen on this message board.

My point is, if saving money is important to the cubs....then I’d rather they trade Bryant for asset(s) and re sign schwarber to a smaller deal like 2 years 10 mil total type of thing. Bryant has produced far less than schwarber the last couple years and makes a lot more money than schwarber does. But, Bryant sells more jerseys, so alas he will be on the cubs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

39? At least post correct info. It devalues everything else to pure rubbish.

• Born: 12/03/1990 in Palatine, IL

CSF77

Liked Posts:
i have zero issue with bote starting at 3B. I’ve actually been the biggest supporter of giving the 3B job to bote that I’ve seen on this message board.

My point is, if saving money is important to the cubs....then I’d rather they trade Bryant for asset(s) and re sign schwarber to a smaller deal like 2 years 10 mil total type of thing. Bryant has produced far less than schwarber the last couple years and makes a lot more money than schwarber does. But, Bryant sells more jerseys, so alas he will be on the cubs.

Ok at least we are on board with Bote. That is a start.

Here is the con to your opinion. And Jed has been quoted on this. Bryant has his lowest trade value right now.

Now let's think this over for a second. Why drop Almora and Schwarber and hold Bryant and Baez?

Value.

Bryant has posted 5+ WAR seasons and has low value.

Baez has posted 5+ WAR seasons and has low value.

Schwarber and Almora have never posted a 4 WAR season and have low value.

These are facts.

Now on speculation.

Jed felt that the trade return was or was not worth the payroll investment in each case.

So if you want to get mad get mad at Jed. He made the decision. He felt it was not worth the gamble to get a quality return in resigning Schwarber.

He felt that with Bryant and Baez they have that track record going that it made sense to make that investment.

Now is it just to create value for a July yrade?

I would say yes that is a huge part of it. But a ything can happen. They could extend. The Cubs could make another run and they will look to add. The season dictates these choices. And they are choices that Jed will have to make depending on where the Cubs are at that point.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
39? At least post correct info. It devalues everything else to pure rubbish.

• Born: 12/03/1990 in Palatine, IL

right, ignore all the correct info I posted and harp on what is clearly a typo. You know, the 9 being next to the zero and all

is this Matt nagys account or something?! Cuz you def being you

CSF77

Liked Posts:
right, ignore all the correct info I posted and harp on what is clearly a typo. You know, the 9 being next to the zero and all

is this Matt nagys account or something?! Cuz you def being you

Nice come back skippy. Even if you did typo which I doubt it don't matter. You lead with the 4th OF as your main argument.

Ok here is the next one:

Not to mention hicks and Frazier ain’t much either.

OK
Aaron Hicks
New York Yankees

Contract:7 yr, $70M (2019-25), 2026 club option
AAV:$10.0M

Guess he ain't much.

2017: 3.4 fWAR
2018: 5.0 fWAR.
2019: 1.1 fWAR
2020: 1.1 fWAR

RotoWire News: Hicks said Thursday that his arm still doesn't "feel the same" after undergoing Tommy John Surgery in October of 2019, Brendan Kuty of The Newark Star-Ledger reports. (12/10/2020)

Nice player eval there skippy. You know the Trib might start calling with your expert analyst. Tommy John might have something to do with 5 fWAR going to 1.1 not to mention the missed playing time... But keep up the excellent work skipper. You will eventually reach your dreams.

Frasier might be a better argument on your point. But LF is a smaller fish for them. Cashman has been quoted saying that they are targeting DJ for 2B because he won the batting title and is going to command a pretty nice contract. Then there is the pitching he wants. But I personally feel that is smaller on the radar. Their rotation is not bad right now.

So Sure they could sign Schwarber for LF and cut into Frazier. I'm not sure it is justified with .273 vs L and .263 VS R. He is not being dominated by a side. wRC+ had him 143 vs L and 151 vs R.

Shoot if it is me I am focusing on resigning DJ because he has impact on that team. Clint is pretty well rounded and might just need the PA's to prove what he has.

Regardless I see Schwarber as a blip at far range for them. It is a kick the tires not a impact suggestion.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is kinda funny when you blast Clint Frazier after he posts a 149 wRC+. God you are a true tool. You might as well shit on Ian Happ now for his measly 135 wRC+ because that blows.... ya know lower than Clint and all. Your bar is very high.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It is kinda funny when you blast Clint Frazier after he posts a 149 wRC+. God you are a true tool. You might as well shit on Ian Happ now for his measly 135 wRC+ because that blows.... ya know lower than Clint and all. Your bar is very high.

You’re such a douchebag

greg23

Liked Posts:
nobody excited about the additions of

holder
duffy
irvin

quickly turning into the Scrubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
nobody excited about the additions of

holder
duffy
irvin

quickly turning into the Scrubs

He is trash picking for sure. But these guys are not that bad at all.

Ervin is a short platoon player. toss out 2020. 2019 .349 vs L, .227 vs R. This move suggests a 2nd player being added to take on the majority of the load in LF. But there will be a platoon.

Speculation none.

Wish list:
Haruki Nishikawa. 28 YO with 10 years in Japan. .286/.379/.395 hitter. 323 SB over that span. So ya this guy could be a lead off guy that they can move around. Plays RF/3B/2B.

Reality
Brian Goodwin: 30 YO .250/.317/.450 Not much speed. Power is okish. This guy fits the LH part of the platoon profile.

Grimace

Liked Posts:
Schwarber seemed to put in a lot of effort (except possibly dogging it that one time), but I won't miss him as a ballplayer. Very 1-dimensional. This team needs changes and LF was as good as any.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol schwarber ended up getting 2 mil more than he would of in arbitration w the cubs...and from a NL team no less!

and to think some of you said he would end up in Japan playing this year. Get real

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Should have traded him a few years back...

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Should have traded him a few years back...

maybe. Hindsight that’s easy to say. A few years ago, he still was on a trajectory to being an all star and was cost controlled. I don’t blame the cubs for not moving him a few years ago.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
maybe. Hindsight that’s easy to say. A few years ago, he still was on a trajectory to being an all star and was cost controlled. I don’t blame the cubs for not moving him a few years ago.

But even then you knew his ceiling was a really good DH. 2017-18 was the perfect time. Like Jed said, they valued some players too much. I think Schwarber was one of those guys.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If that was the case then a team would have traded for him. Most teams are looking to shed contract right now and make smart signings. Kyle is still under arb3 for the next team. That doesn't go away. 10 mil for a .230 hitter is a bit steep.

If he was that highly rated then Jed would have offered and flipped in a deal. The fact that he cut means that "there was no market for him"

Cubs fans can be so funny in their faith.

Did the Nats move their org to Korea?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Duvall had 16 HR's last year. He has had 2 30 HR seasons. Schwarber has had 1 season that he hit to his potential.

So potential? Schwarber has 2108 PA's. .230/.336/.480 (121 HR)That is enough PA's to say that he fell short and potential is not a excuse.

Duval 2170 PA (Very close) .233/.293/.468 (113 HR)

The reality is you are paying for the HR here. 4 Mil for 8 HR's. Seems pretty pricy to me. Neither are solid LF gloves and neither are 'good hitters'

Rondon I get as he has been a injury case sense 2016. He was picked right before Schwarber and over that span pitched 536.2 IP with a 4.14 ERA. For 4 mil it is worth giving him a shot to compete for the 5 with short pen lefty as a back up plan. There is a need for experience in the pen,

I think that we need to see this year as a semi fire sale and a back fill of cheaper options. The reality is no one wanted to pay Schwarber 8 mil so Jed had to cut him. That is pathetic. This is a blunt reality that we need to see it for what it really is. Teams are cutting left and right.

It wouldn't shock me to see him in the KBO catching. It is a current trend for players like him.

this has aged well

not only was someone willing to pay that for him....they ended up paying him more which would suggest multiple teams were interested, or else why would the nats give him 10 mil if they are the only team interested/offering a contract?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
1:31PM: The signing has been officially announced by the Nationals. USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports that the deal also contains an $11MM mutual option for the 2022 season. That option contains a $3MM buyout, so Schwarber’s guaranteed money breaks down as that $3MM plus $7MM in salary.

Not bad for him at all.