Goodell: 4 Team European Division?

Speed

Liked Posts:
They've been wanting this Europe expansion for a while. London is already gift-wrapped it's just a matter of when.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Actually
Nice to see what you think about Europe but c'mon, won't there be a better name for Berlin?

Like Berlin Döner or
Berlin Curry Wurst
Actually really enjoyed my visit to Italy and Germany a few years back, hope to be seeing some new places in the near future.

How about the Berlin Comedians. Nothing is scarier or threatening to Germans more than a little humor.;)

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I don't think the nfl's thirst for endless growth and expansion is particularly good for the quality of the game. There's enough mediocrity in the league as it is. I would be against it. Football peaked in the 90s and 2000s imo. It's been regressing since.
There is too many teams already with the talent being spread out.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
No thanks. Like others have brought up, the NFL doesn't need to expand anymore than they already have. 32 teams is more than enough, otherwise you're going to eventually water down the product by spreading the talent too broadly.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Actually

Actually really enjoyed my visit to Italy and Germany a few years back, hope to be seeing some new places in the near future.

How about the Berlin Comedians. Nothing is scarier or threatening to Germans more than a little humor.;)
It's okay and I got you. ?
Maybe Frank Reich as coach?

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Another team in Germany and one in Spain.
Unfortunately, in Germany 'fans' are looking for Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes.
I just can't believe we would fulfill a franchise.

Real fans will stay with their teams. I for myself, won't change from the Bears ever for a shitty German.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But if there are more teams, that means more playoff teams and maybe, just maybe, the Bears can sneak into the playoffs as the #9 seed!!!

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
My choice for Germany.
Hamburg 'Beer Farts' ;)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure where people get the idea talent is thin. There is more talent in the NFL than ever before.

Not to mention having dedicated teams in Europe likely means that eventually some of them will turn to football rather than other sports. Probably guys making peanuts playing Rugby and the like that would make millions in the NFL if they had started playing football when they were younger.

Scobear

Liked Posts:
I don't think the nfl's thirst for endless growth and expansion is particularly good for the quality of the game. There's enough mediocrity in the league as it is. I would be against it. Football peaked in the 90s and 2000s imo. It's been regressing since.
As a Bears fan living in the UK, I would have absolutely no interest in watching a new team I have no real connection to or history with (the exception being of course if they played the Bears or perhaps a Div opponent). I agree with your point about mediocrity, but I would say there may be a more serious issue relating to building and maintaining a fan base for any new franchise. I would guess that many of the more passionate NFL fans in the UK have a similarly strong affiliation to current teams. I've watched the Bears twice in the UK and did attend some of the early international games, mainly for the new experience. I have no intention of going to watch any other non Bear games.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure where people get the idea talent is thin. There is more talent in the NFL than ever before.

Not to mention having dedicated teams in Europe likely means that eventually some of them will turn to football rather than other sports. Probably guys making peanuts playing Rugby and the like that would make millions in the NFL if they had started playing football when they were younger.
I doubt many homegrown players would be very good without the high school and college backgrounds that nfl players have.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Brutal. I would probably never watch a football game live again if I was up that early every Sunday. Certainly not London games.
Only London games are that early. I actually like the 7am game time. Allows me to wake up, have a good breakfast, get a few beers/drinks in, take a nap, then go enjoy Hawaiian life for the rest of the day. Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games, are on by 2-2:30, and still leave you the rest of the evening.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I doubt many homegrown players would be very good without the high school and college backgrounds that nfl players have.
Having lived in Europe, those dudes that are into Rugby, would have zero problems with the NFL. There's also a circuit of "semi pro" teams already there. They'll be alright.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I would imagine with local teams you eventually get football played at high school age whether it be thru school or clubs. May even have the NFL teams sponsoring academies like they do for soccer.