Google and NFL deal puts football highlights on YouTube

Newblood

Liked Posts:
"There's now an NFL YouTube channel for official highlights, and Google will also show video, scores, broadcast times and other info in its search results. For instance, typing in "New England Patriots" now brings up the score and a recap of the team's AFC championship game against the Colts, along with a video preview for the Super Bowl. Re/Code reported that in exchange for access to in-game footage, Google will split ad revenue with the league."

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/26/google-nfl-youtube-highlights/

Newblood

Liked Posts:
A step in the right direction I guess.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the way that they have handled online streaming thus far has been a joke.
Well the NFL has always been quick to inform YouTube of "illegal" videos of their content on their site and thus get it deleted as quickly as possible... meanwhile the NBA for the most part has let it go. The only thing the NBA tries to eliminate is videos posted of fights, particularly that brawl in Detroit. I don't know how the NHL and MLB manage it.

Still some things are deleted right away and meanwhile other things stay posted there for years. So I've never gotten it.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Well the NFL has always been quick to inform YouTube of "illegal" videos of their content on their site and thus get it deleted as quickly as possible... meanwhile the NBA for the most part has let it go. The only thing the NBA tries to eliminate is videos posted of fights, particularly that brawl in Detroit. I don't know how the NHL and MLB manage it.

Still some things are deleted right away and meanwhile other things stay posted there for years. So I've never gotten it.

I'm in a situation where my HOA does not allow dishes, so DirecTV is not an option. And since I don't live in one of their qualifying areas nor in a multi-dwelling unit I could not purchase the DirecTV online streaming option.
So at the beginning of the season I was like, I have money, someone take it please. I ended up using a means to watch the Bears games that, while circumvents the NFLs policies, I felt somewhat justified because I didn't know of another option and in the end, I paid the NFL their money. It's just more of a pain and inconvenience.

I just find it a joke that a multi-billion dollar entertainment company doesn't have a more widely available means to watch their content live, online. It's not like they wouldn't make money from selling a online streaming option.

I had high hopes when Google was in talks about licensing the online streaming service and leaving the TV licensing with DirecTV, but that obviously fell through. DirecTV does not appear to be taking the online streaming of NFL content as a stand alone option seriously.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

NHL is pretty lenient on it too. Don't know about MLB.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
You can buy a pre season package why not a season? So dumb.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
This will be nice..so much more convenient than linking people to NFL.com

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I could buy an online streaming option for just Bears games I would get it every year. I can't do the whole Sunday ticket price every year and I hardly ever watch any other games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm in a situation where my HOA does not allow dishes, so DirecTV is not an option. And since I don't live in one of their qualifying areas nor in a multi-dwelling unit I could not purchase the DirecTV online streaming option.
So at the beginning of the season I was like, I have money, someone take it please. I ended up using a means to watch the Bears games that, while circumvents the NFLs policies, I felt somewhat justified because I didn't know of another option and in the end, I paid the NFL their money. It's just more of a pain and inconvenience.

I just find it a joke that a multi-billion dollar entertainment company doesn't have a more widely available means to watch their content live, online. It's not like they wouldn't make money from selling a online streaming option.

I had high hopes when Google was in talks about licensing the online streaming service and leaving the TV licensing with DirecTV, but that obviously fell through. DirecTV does not appear to be taking the online streaming of NFL content as a stand alone option seriously.

Its because the NFL sold the rights to their product. They are bound by the contracts they made.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:

the NHL don't care

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Its because the NFL sold the rights to their product. They are bound by the contracts they made.

I am aware of that, but that contract was just renewed and prior to the renewal Google was making a push for the online streaming rights.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Jokes on them no Bears fan wants to pay to watch this team.