Gordon Hayward

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hayward would be a decent addition for this team in the off-season if they can get him for a good price. I believe the Jazz declined his option so he should see the free agent market this Summer. He's a 3-point threat with good ball-handling skills. Obviously he's not the main guy you target in free agency, but he'd be a nice supplemental pickup and a worthy SF/6th man. Thoughts?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
hes a nice player but hes probably gonna get overpayed and i dont want to be the team that does it

i also think Jazz will match almost any offer

maxdosres23

Liked Posts:
Great player but I feel like he will either stay with the Jazz or go back to his old coach in Boston. I can really see Boston going after him if they make a good pick in the draft and add him they will be on the right track. I would obviously love to have him, I just don't think it is possible.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
With the right price, he would fit. But then signing Hayward means you shop MDJ and Snell for other needs, IMO. Asking this FO to get busy on that much work other than scouting and budget signings is like pulling fingernails from the root.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No chance. Jazz are pretty high on him

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Snell is not long for this team. He's got talent but somehow he doesn't appear to want to get with Thibs program.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
hes a nice player but hes probably gonna get overpayed and i dont want to be the team that does it

i also think Jazz will match almost any offer

Spot on. They would be amnestying Boozer which is worth gambling on someone like Anthony but you don't want to have the hole in the lineup, money to spend and use up the money on a player who isn't worth it. Even the Bulls have done this in the past by signing Eddie Robinson after missing out on Hill, McGrady and the like then they had to find a way to get rid of him.

Hayward puts up stats on a bad team that just fired their coach. He's looking to sign his biggest contract and the gamble teams are taking is, is he going to make big strides along with the big money? Would he come to Chicago and be willing to lose some of the numbers, play defense and fewer minutes maybe in exchange for winning? You just don't know. He would be worth a mid range $5-6 million for 2 years, like Rip Hamilton was, so you can see if he would fit, if he does you can keep and pay him over someone else or trade his reasonable expiring contract.