Gotta re-sign Arob now.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
They got another year of the tag if they need it, but unless they draft another WR who has a Moonie like rookie season you probably need to figure out how to retain Robinson at least into 2022.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
I mean if they can flip someone else to generate some draft capital, and that frees up the space necessary for an extension I'm all for it.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
What if they find another good WR today? I mean I'd love AROB back but without knowing what he's asking in pay...
I agree with this. If the Bears draft a Wr today who at least shows he can play, I think you move on from ARob. Fields doesn’t need a big possession Wr to succeed.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hopefully we get enough of a view of the fields/arob connection before getting rid of him

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol please show me this pipeline of receivers coming out of college that the Bears cannot find? You know what you have in Robinson why are so many of you hell bent on not seeing that? You're OK with over paying for Quinn, Danny T, Charles fucking Leno but when it comes to probably the most important position on the field outside of the hashes y'all get cheap?

Bears fans. EDIT: Remember, our 2022 1st is gone as is our 4th.

Liked Posts:
lol please show me this pipeline of receivers coming out of college that the Bears cannot find? You know what you have in Robinson why are so many of you hell bent on not seeing that? You're OK with over paying for Quinn, Danny T, Charles fucking Leno but when it comes to probably the most important position on the field outside of the hashes y'all get cheap?

Bears fans. EDIT: Remember, our 2022 1st is gone as is our 4th.
Nobody is ok with overpaying for Quinn, Danny, etc.

I'd be nice to not overpay for another guy who's replaceable.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They'll be able to pay Robinson next year. They have financial options.

Hicks, Quinn and Dalton can come off the books.

You can part ways with Foles and save $7 million.

The salary cap will go back up.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody is ok with overpaying for Quinn, Danny, etc.

I'd be nice to not overpay for another guy who's replaceable.
Go look at 2022 FA and tell me who's going to replace Allen Robinson for the salary he's asking. Guess what, he's the top FA in 2022 class. You think you're going to draft a replacement in round 2-3 or 5/6/7 LOL?

Liked Posts:
Go look at 2022 FA and tell me who's going to replace Allen Robinson for the salary he's asking. Guess what, he's the top FA in 2022 class. You think you're going to draft a replacement in round 2-3 or 5/6/7 LOL?

Actually it's not that crazy of a thought. The WR classes recently, including this year are full of talent. They might not be as great as ARob right away, but if they're near his level, I'd rather have that at a fraction of the cost.

ARob isn't worth top #1 WR money, he just isn't.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually it's not that crazy of a thought. The WR classes recently, including this year are full of talent. They might not be as great as ARob right away, but if they're near his level, I'd rather have that at a fraction of the cost.

ARob isn't worth top #1 WR money, he just isn't.
'including this year' you mean the guys who've yet to catch a pass? Are you for real? 'might not be as great as Arob right away' is exactly my point. Why set the team back a few years over 3-4 MIL which they waste on Chase Daniels, Nick Foles, Trey Burton, Mike Glennon contracts.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not seeing a downside to signing him.....If Fields takes the reins, next year could be a Superbowl opportunity

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Have we found out what Robinson actually wanted in terms of years/money? It feels like there have been a thousand takes on this but i don't remember reading anything factual.

Liked Posts:
'including this year' you mean the guys who've yet to catch a pass? Are you for real? 'might not be as great as Arob right away' is exactly my point. Why set the team back a few years over 3-4 MIL which they waste on Chase Daniels, Nick Foles, Trey Burton, Mike Glennon contracts.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm all for not wasting money on shitty players or overpaying for decent ones.

What do you mean am I for real, what don't you get about my comment? Look at the past couple years WR classes. Studs everywhere. This year is expected to be just as good or if not better.

Is it that crazy to think that the bears can't draft a stud WR this year that could develop to a good/very good WR over the next couple years?

Of course nothing is guaranteed. That's why you draft them and see how they develop. If they don't, throw some $ at ARob or another FA, but there's no need to sign him long term now (other than cap hit), just not worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At this time, the only reason to sign A-Rob to a longer contract would be to bring down the cap hit to help with being up against the cap.