HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So long as he's catching TDs in any capacity he's earning his paycheck. IDGAF if he has 12 TDs from the one yard line. Limited player at this stage but still elite where it matters most.

Facts. We have had way too many problems scoring TDs so if he's nothing more than a TD catching machine he's fucking welcome on the squad. But he's proving to still have something left in the tank aside from that. So its looking like he's a good signing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Facts. We have had way too many problems scoring TDs so if he's nothing more than a TD catching machine he's fucking welcome on the squad. But he's proving to still have something left in the tank aside from that. So its looking like he's a good signing.

Hes on pace for 54 catches, 540 yards, 13TD's.

Just a reminder, the last year he was at Seattle when he made the probowl he had 57 catches, 520 yards, and 10TD's.

so yes, he's quietly putting up a probowl campaign if he can continue the TD numbers. Lotta times its what people look at for TE's.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Than the clownshow we've had for two years at TE. I'd thought he'd be useless so I'm happy to eat crow on that

Same. Dude looked absolutely finished in GB. He's nowhere what he was, but at the very least he's a red zone threat. What's going on with Kmet? I haven't noticed him once.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Same. Dude looked absolutely finished in GB. He's nowhere what he was, but at the very least he's a red zone threat. What's going on with Kmet? I haven't noticed him once.

I posted in another thread about it. Hes only on the field 30% of the time, and when he's on the field he's only ran a route 15% of the time. They basically are just using him as a 2nd TE blocker on heavy run situations.

My assumption is he'd be getting more looks if Jimmy wasn't playing well.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I posted in another thread about it. Hes only on the field 30% of the time, and when he's on the field he's only ran a route 15% of the time. They basically are just using him as a 2nd TE blocker on heavy run situations.

My assumption is he'd be getting more looks if Jimmy wasn't playing well.

He should still be seeing the field more often. TEs normally take a couple years to breakout regardless, and it'll just stunt his development if he's standing on the sidelines.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imo Nagy needs to focus on what he has right now. I believe he just realized last game he can motion Patterson out of the backfield to run a route instead of into a wall

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He doesn't do anything particularly well. Graham is a better receiver and Harris is a better blocker.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Along with the TDs, just moving the chains has been a massive improvement. They only had 22 first downs catches from the TE group in all of 2019, and already have 16 in just five games this year. On pace for 50+.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He should still be seeing the field more often. TEs normally take a couple years to breakout regardless, and it'll just stunt his development if he's standing on the sidelines.

I agree he should, but I get it.

Jimmy G is looking good. Harris is one of the best blocking TE's in the league.

Not really much room for him to get snaps unless you want to hurt an already struggling offense.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Jimmy G inside the 20

Get Kmet some route work in between that and there is no reason you dont have 3-4 plays designed to get him a target its the least you can do if you can get Saubert, Holtz, Braunecker, Shaheen, Horsted ,and Burton all targets

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's been far from special but competent and able to make a play now and then is a big improvement.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I thoroughly enjoyed the one handed catch in the end zone. Went right back to him and got the money. That was an awesome play while he was being interfered with.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

He’s seeing snaps. No preseason complicates things. Blocking assignments are pretty complicated for TEs with no NFL experience, he’s done pretty well there. His routes will come as the offense gets familiar with him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So far. Graham has been one of paces best FA signings. Hicks being far and away the best.