CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^is that what he's trying to say?

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take AP in a second.

Sure.. Forte is a good back.. Just not to that good of a caliber.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I don't know, he argued for one thing (Forte over AP straight up), then when I called him out on it he backpedaled with "well I was thinking long term, and it's your fault you didn't ask me what context I was speaking to, because it's not like the safe assumption in a 'I'll take this guy over that guy' scenario is 'straight up' or anything."

So yeah, just another Special person to add and play with the bunch we already have.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO he went and bitched about this thread on chicagonow.com.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It seems Lefty can't make friends anywhere.

I was the one who said Bears fans are the worst, fyi.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
It seems Lefty can't make friends anywhere.

I was the one who said Bears fans are the worst, fyi.

You and I are e-friends, no? And I have a few guys on the 'Hosed that don't completely hate me. Like Mega, for instance.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol "Some Mouth Breathing Fucktard"

Lefty

Liked Posts:
And while I wouldn't proclaim myself as the victor of that exchange, I certainly wouldn't travel to another sports website, find a relevant comments section, paste the link and declare him the winner. Though I saw multiple posts by a guy with an "UrlacherFTW" handle and countless names referencing sweetness, so who knows, maybe they'll all give him a victory blowjob at a beef stand during the season after a pathetic Bears loss, then they can all break off and individually jerk it to Superfans re-runs.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
in the history of upright runners, I can only name 2 that had lengthy careers: Eric Dickerson (freak of nature), & Eddie George (and he was injury-plagued). AP is without a doubt the top 2 RBs in the league, but i'm thinking long-term.
Yes, because AP hasn't been shown to be a freak of nature at all.....

Not to mention George's issue stemmed from a massive amount of carries, if you take the average amount of carries George was seeing in his prime and compare it to Peterson it's not really all that close.

if you look at Matt's rookie season, he's shown that he's elusive. but if i had to pick who's the more elusive back, it would be AP.
Well duh....

pretty sure if you asked an NFL scout which would you rather have: an elusive back or a back w/ minimal fumbilitis, he'll go w/ the latter.
Yeah and I'm pretty sure if you asked any NFL scout who he would rather have" AP or Forte he'd say "AP" in about a nano second. LOL at implying that all AP has over Forte is "elusiveness".

Also, since when was AP JUST more elisuive than Forte? I missed the games in the last two seasons or even prior when Forte had the power and leg strength to power through piles and walk over numerous tacklers or the upper body ability to shed tacklers. I like Forte but he is a average at best pure runner, his top ability is from his receiving and blocking skill.

..........This.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not to mention George's issue stemmed from a massive amount of carries, if you take the average amount of carries George was seeing in his prime and compare it to Peterson it's not really all that close.
For the foreseeable (sp??? I don't think I've ever actually spelled that word - lol) future, having Favre as his QB might prolong his career.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the foreseeable (sp??? I don't think I've ever actually spelled that word - lol) future, having Favre as his QB might prolong his career.

Honestly, having any QB other than Tavaris Jackson may prolong his career.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Honestly, having any QB other than Tavaris Jackson may prolong his career.
LOL, no doubt.

I just mean to say that since Favre is determined to always throw the ball 50 times a game, he might not get as much wear and tear on him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As mind-bending as those imponderables are, they pale in comparison to understanding the mindset of Chicago Bears fans.

I couldn't agree more. The first four paragraphs of this story had me nodding in agreement the entire time. That borderline-insane mindset extends into the fan bases of just about every Chicago team. It's terrifying how quickly that is taking over the Hawks bandwagon.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Looks like FQ is definitely garnering favor from the other mouth breathers:

Fellating Mouth Breather said:
Looks like lefty got taken out with a right hook there FQ, well done.

I fail to see where this happened. Both literally or metaphorically speaking.

Yet Another Fellating Mouth Breather said:
Lefty is definitely a douchebag.

Can't really argue with that, though.

It's really funny that FQ has to run back to another forum to bask in the praise from his moronic brethren and continually post stuff like "ZOMGZ THEY'RE LOOKING AT THIS SITE RIGHT NOW, LULZ!!11!!111" Funny, considering he hasn't been back here since.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I couldn't agree more. The first four paragraphs of this story had me nodding in agreement the entire time. That borderline-insane mindset extends into the fan bases of just about every Chicago team. It's terrifying how quickly that is taking over the Hawks bandwagon.
I really think - and I should mention that it is not like I can speak to other fan bases - Chicago fans, by and large, can never be content with how their teams are doing. Good or bad.

Even with all the hype surrounding the Cutler signing, I don't think the Bears were ever supposed to be that good.

TheDude13

Liked Posts:
Chicago fans buy into hype more than most people i've seen. That's what it is. We get a potential pro bowl qb, so were supposed to be the best team in the league. Lebron and wade show interest in chicago, and suddenly the bulls are going to get bron bron and be the best in the nation. THe hawks trade byfuglien, and the bandwagon fans who pronounce his name "bye-fug-lee-en" are exposed. Chicago fans love hype and will buy into it if it leads to a thought of a championship.
And i will lump myself right into that, I go to school in wisco so everytime something DECENT happens for a chicago team, i love to exploit that and talk new shit. WE GOT CUTLER DADADADADA interception.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I really think - and I should mention that it is not like I can speak to other fan bases - Chicago fans, by and large, can never be content with how their teams are doing. Good or bad.

Even with all the hype surrounding the Cutler signing, I don't think the Bears were ever supposed to be that good.

Oh agreed 100 percent. Way too many cynics in our fan bases ... they drive me insane. Any radio show in Chicago I listen to is full of call-in fans that make me want to hunt them down and stab them in the throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.