Great read on Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I also hate the knee-jerk overreactions that accompany the fan base. For example: saying the Blackhawks were "done" in the first round of the playoffs because they played a few bad games.

:will:

It's unfortunate that people like him are everywhere in this area.

They'll take the tiniest issue and blow it way out of proportion.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I also hate the knee-jerk overreactions that accompany the fan base.

Or seemingly be personally hurt that Lebron did not come to the Bulls. Not that anybody on this board has done that or anything.....

Lefty

Liked Posts:
To be fair, DMelt, lumping all cynics together isn't very fair. I mean, yeah, there were the guys calling in to radio shows during NBA free agency saying that they don't want LeBron on the Bulls because "he's done" and "he will never be as good as MJ", but there are also the critics/cynics that are that way because they can actually see the miscues made by Chicago sports franchises. I'm critical of Ozzie Guillen because I know that the '05 (!!!111!!!) WS run had more to do with subtle changes in the prevailing wind direction on the south side than it did his managerial prowess, and because I can specifically point to how many runs he actually costs his team on a regular basis. I'm critical of Kenny Williams because I can point to the many times he has been fleeced by Billy Beane and other prominent GM's around the league.

My point is, there are cynics out there (like me), that are cynical with good reason. We are not content with saying "well, go get 'em tomorrow, boys" or "there's always next year", because we can see and point out the specific faults of management/players that infringed upon our chances of success.

And frankly, the over-the-top cynics don't catch much of my ire, it's those fans who's only response to blatant butt-fuckery on the part of management or players is the canned "well, go get 'em tomorrow" and the like.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Chicago fans buy into hype more than most people i've seen. That's what it is. We get a potential pro bowl qb, so were supposed to be the best team in the league. Lebron and wade show interest in chicago, and suddenly the bulls are going to get bron bron and be the best in the nation. THe hawks trade byfuglien, and the bandwagon fans who pronounce his name "bye-fug-lee-en" are exposed. Chicago fans love hype and will buy into it if it leads to a thought of a championship.
And i will lump myself right into that, I go to school in wisco so everytime something DECENT happens for a chicago team, i love to exploit that and talk new shit. WE GOT CUTLER DADADADADA interception.

The Byfuglien comment is pretty funny, and deadly accurate, but there is another group of fans that actually know the names history official pronunciation isn't Buf-lin but actually is Bye-foog-lee-en. His family in Minnesota changed how they pronounce it there because they own a shop in the area. He had mentioned it in interviews a few years ago and I heard it a couple of years ago on 670thescore night shows that he would be on weekly.

It's just like people calling Bret Favre, Fav-ra and then people laughing it's wrong, but that's the actual name. Favre's family was Cajun but over generations his family become just intermingled with bumpkin hicks in Mississippi and they thought Fav-ra sounded lame or too frilly for them so they started calling it Farve.

I have hated the meatball Chicago fans for years and years now, I just get excited when I see another fan who isn't all over the hype. Although it isn't a bonus to always be overly cynical because it's easier to nit pick and say what is a fault than what was attributed to a player or manager/coach. Plus if you live in the every bit cynical world of a man like Terry Boers you somehow miss clear facts in front of your face for other theories, I've heard him oblivious to truths constantly as well as my close friend who follows him to a tee. The man claimed he never heard of or saw a draft review 3 years down the line before like it was a new concept because he always attributed it's when you can judge players, which is true, but if he hasn't had done it, it isn't real in his world.

FQD1911

War-Time Consigliere
Liked Posts:
lol this got funny very quickly

we're all Bears fans, so at the end of the day, that's why this board was made so we can all congregate and converse a/b the team. looked at almost all the posts and (although i don't agree w/ some of the points), i can see where i came off as abrasive (which wasn't my intent). as for Lefty calling me a Special person, lol it is what it is (no ill will to you sir). looking forward to the posts when the season starts.

Bear Down.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol this got funny very quickly
Very true. I was laughing my ass off as soon as I read your first post....

we're all Bears fans, so at the end of the day, that's why this board was made so we can all congregate and converse a/b the team. looked at almost all the posts and (although i don't agree w/ some of the points), i can see where i came off as abrasive (which wasn't my intent). as for Lefty calling me a Special person, lol it is what it is (no ill will to you sir). looking forward to the posts when the season starts.

Bear Down.
I think you missed the point.....

It wasn't you coming off as abrasive that was an issue...it was you coming off as clueless.,...which you still are.....

Shouldn't you be running back to another board?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
To be fair, DMelt, lumping all cynics together isn't very fair. I mean, yeah, there were the guys calling in to radio shows during NBA free agency saying that they don't want LeBron on the Bulls because "he's done" and "he will never be as good as MJ", but there are also the critics/cynics that are that way because they can actually see the miscues made by Chicago sports franchises. I'm critical of Ozzie Guillen because I know that the '05 (!!!111!!!) WS run had more to do with subtle changes in the prevailing wind direction on the south side than it did his managerial prowess, and because I can specifically point to how many runs he actually costs his team on a regular basis. I'm critical of Kenny Williams because I can point to the many times he has been fleeced by Billy Beane and other prominent GM's around the league.

My point is, there are cynics out there (like me), that are cynical with good reason. We are not content with saying "well, go get 'em tomorrow, boys" or "there's always next year", because we can see and point out the specific faults of management/players that infringed upon our chances of success.

And frankly, the over-the-top cynics don't catch much of my ire, it's those fans who's only response to blatant butt-fuckery on the part of management or players is the canned "well, go get 'em tomorrow" and the like.

Oh there's definitely a group of people who have the pie-in-the-sky view of their team, turning a blind eye to the blatant problems a team has.

And there are many cynics out there who are usually right, although often those guys come off as "I know everything and you don't fucking idiot" douche bags ... it's hard not to.

I'm all for being critical of a team when necessary. I'll do it myself (Muhammad brought the cynic out of me for many years), but I just get annoyed when people nitpick the tiniest problem just so they can complain about something.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Profit or Moose?

W_1.jpg

FQD1911

War-Time Consigliere
Liked Posts:
Very true. I was laughing my ass off as soon as I read your first post....

I think you missed the point.....

It wasn't you coming off as abrasive that was an issue...it was you coming off as clueless.,...which you still are.....

Shouldn't you be running back to another board?

nope. you gonna run me off?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
And there are many cynics out there who are usually right, although often those guys come off as "I know everything and you don't fucking idiot" douche bags ... it's hard not to.

I know nothing of that........

Status
Not open for further replies.