Greatest Blackhawks game in history

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That ref never reffed another game after that. He "moved" back to Director of Officiating.

Guess now he's the VP. World's a funny and cruel place.

"On August 25, 2009 he announced his decision to step down from his position as the NHL's Director of Officiating to allow him to attempt a comeback at on-ice officiating as a referee. His first game back as an NHL Referee was October 21, 2009 when Florida hosted Buffalo. Since his return, he has officiated in two Stanley Cup Finals (2010 and 2011).

On August 7, 2013, he returned to the position of the NHL's Director of Officiating."

Amazing, I had no idea....

Granada

Liked Posts:
Amazing, I had no idea....

I know, crazy. I almost wish I never knew that ref's name; now I'll never forget it. People can claim this is me being biased here, but that was hands-down the worst call I've ever seen in my life by far. It sucks the guy is probably making more now than when he was a ref, but at least that schmuck will never ref on-ice again.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If I remember correctly. The IHN guys here will remember Ron always railing on walkom

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I remember correctly. The IHN guys here will remember Ron always railing on walkom

Sure do remember. I met him several times over the years, but haven't seen him online in a long time. Know what happened to him?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sure do remember. I met him several times over the years, but haven't seen him online in a long time. Know what happened to him?
Havent' seen anything from him in a long time. Not even the facebook group.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know, crazy. I almost wish I never knew that ref's name; now I'll never forget it. People can claim this is me being biased here, but that was hands-down the worst call I've ever seen in my life by far. It sucks the guy is probably making more now than when he was a ref, but at least that schmuck will never ref on-ice again.
What makes it sting more is that he was on the ice when Torres tried to decapitate Hossa.

So this is the NHL's logic:
4 officials miss a high, brutal hit that garnered a 20+ game suspension in the playoffs. One of them is actually allowed to officiate the playoffs next season. In doing so, he makes arguably one of the worst calls of all time (acknowledging my 'hawk bias, but I have friends who root for other teams that have also said that Walkom is/was one of the worst in terms of bad calls). Then gets "promoted" upstairs.

I have never seen a purer example of The Dilbert Principle in practice. It also highlights what's wrong with running things as an old-boys club. Walkom and his cohorts should not have been allowed to officiate in the playoffs in 2013.