Green Bay Packers, Jaire Alexander finalizing four-year, $84M extension

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
My only concern with this is the setting of the corner market price and the impact it may have if Jaylon Johnson continues to look like a staple of this defense we eventually want to lock down. I think it is a bit of an overpay, but if he stays healthy it may work out. It also feels like secondary is one of those areas where you can see some noticeable changes in trajectory quickly. It may just feel that way because we have watched the likes of Kyle Fuller and E Jackson trend upward and then quickly fall making their contracts a real burden to accommodate and unload. This feels like a short term help for the Pack getting some space right now but does kick the can down the road a bit further for salary cap impact. They may be able to play this out, but I do hope the bill comes due on them eventually.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My only concern with this is the setting of the corner market price and the impact it may have if Jaylon Johnson continues to look like a staple of this defense we eventually want to lock down. I think it is a bit of an overpay, but if he stays healthy it may work out.
This is your concern?